NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

2L Monster ripped me off $300

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 11:11 AM

Car Info: 2004 Impreza Wagon [Voltex :P], 1996 Impreza 2dr
Originally Posted by Baliztik
Not saying it's my fault it's bent? What's this then.

It is not the same as Trenhard, but I did get jipped. I bought wheels for cheap. Had to pay $200 to get them usable. No one's fault? So the rims bent themselves. Bottom line, you got your money, I got a product not as described.

What would have been the right thing is to take the wheels back. Give me my money back. Or offer to cover at least part of the repair. You didn't want to do either. Joe at least offered to buy everything back, but I would have to eat the repair fee.
$200 to get them useable when they were fine and useable before and when I sold them to you? I would never have sold bent wheels. You got a product as described.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:16 AM

Car Info: WRX
Originally Posted by tw34kz
$200 to get them useable when they were fine and useable before and when I sold them to you? I would never have sold bent wheels. You got a product as described.

Fine and usable yes. But would you mount BRAND NEW tires on bent wheels knowing you would get uneven tread wear and possibly bubbles?

You need to make up your mind. Stop going back and forth between accusing me of bending the wheels.

I'm not saying you knew they were bent. But fact is they were. Which means I didn't get a product as described.

What is fact is that I left you alone. What is fact is that you tried to misrepresent my actions on multiple accounts. What is fact is that you did not attempt to remedy the situation. This **** is more than year old. I have my evidence. Others can decide. We can agree to disagree. I did what any person in my situation would do. That's all.

Like I said I'm just defending myself. I'm over this ****, but if you are going to try and twist things I'm going to set it straight.

Last edited by Baliztik; 02-28-2015 at 11:21 AM.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:37 AM

So you are saying I bent the wheels.

I'm not saying you knew they were bent. But fact is they were. Which means I didn't get a product as described.

What is fact is that I left you alone. What is fact is that you tried to misrepresent my actions on multiple accounts. What is fact is that you diff not attempt to remedy the situation. This **** is more than year old. I have my evidence. Others can decide. We can agree to disagree. I did what any person in my situation would do. That's all.

I left you alone cause you left your negative review and thought that was done with and you were set. I can pretty much copy and paste the last paragraph because it works for me as well. I'm sure lots of people buyback or pay for something that was possibly damaged when it was fine/useable before. Let people decide like you said.

Just saw your edited post and again Im also just trying to defend myself if you are trying to twist things I will also set the straight. I mounted brand new tires on said "bent wheels" and when I dismounted them before i sold it to you the still and an even amount of tread with no signs of abnormal wear.

Last edited by tw34kz; 02-28-2015 at 11:42 AM.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:43 AM

I left you alone cause you left your negative review and thought that was done with and you were set. I can pretty much copy and paste the last paragraph because it works for me as well. I'm sure lots of people buyback or pay for something that was possibly damaged when it was fine/useable before. Let people decide like you said.
I haven't misrepresented anything. Scroll up. 4 maybe 5 things you blatantly lied about. Or conveniently didn't remember correctly. I attempted to remedy the situation. I gave you a solution.

You don't believe the rims were bent. So you think I bent the wheels when they had no tires on them. You didn't want to help. No buy back, no help with the repair fee. That's all man. That's what it is.

Fact is I did nothing wrong. I eventually left you alone, I didn't harass you. Sure you didn't harass me, but why would you? You had your money. You weren't shady during our transaction, but you sure are acting shady now. Stop flip flopping and stop trying to twist things around man. Present facts. Indisputable evidence. I am not twisting your words.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:47 AM

Present facts. Indisputable evidence. I am not twisting your words.
How can I when most of the discussion was through phone conversation like I have said multiple times in this thread? I haven't twisted anything. It's your word vs mine. Let the people decide.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:48 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Did I hear tentacle ****????
Old 02-28-2015, 11:54 AM

How can I when most of the discussion was through phone conversation like I have said multiple times in this thread? I haven't twisted anything. It's your word vs mine. Let the people decide.
I asked you before what you think we discussed that could even remotely make your actions justifiable. The only two things that would have made what you did okay are:

1) You saying they might be bent
2) You saying the sale is as is

Neither of which happened. Yeah we can disagree on point 2. You can flip flop on that as well. But you definitely said they were straight.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:59 AM

1. Might be bent but they weren't.
2. It was as-is. Especially at the price you bought them at whether it was 350 or 450.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:02 PM

1. Might be bent but they weren't.
2. It was as-is. Especially at the price you bought them at whether it was 350 or 450.
Lol so now you are saying you said they might be bent. Classic.

We can agree to disagree. For future reference. Don't say "let me know if there are any problems" in the future. Have a good life.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:09 PM

Lol so now you are saying you said they might be bent. Classic.

We can agree to disagree. For future reference. Don't say "let me know if there are any problems" in the future. Have a good life.
I didn't say I'm saying that now, just using your format of 1, 2. Im replying to you saiying the wheels might be bent BUT they weren't(my answer). For future reference I'll continue to say that because I'm not out to sell messed up parts or rip people off. You as well.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:46 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
This is ****ing retarded.

Baliztik, you're an idiot. If you think any transactions between other people are ever more than "as-is" you have a lot to learn.

How would tw34kz know if the wheels were bent? He wouldn't. It's entirely possible to drive on bent wheels and not notice. As far as he knew, the wheels were straight.

But that's the situation. You bought some wheels and they're bent. You have two options. You repair them or you sell them to someone else. You don't go back to the guy you bought them from.

No one is saying that you ripped off Joe. The notion is that you were overcharging for Joe's stuff. When you have high profile parts. People tend to remember where they came from and how much they're worth. When it's random **** like a hood, a downpipe, or an xbox, no one cares.

And installation fee... That's hilarious.

Last edited by JourdanWithaU; 02-28-2015 at 12:50 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
This is ****ing retarded.

Baliztik, you're an idiot. If you think any transactions between other people are ever more than "as-is" you have a lot to learn.

How would tw34kz know if the wheels were bent? He wouldn't. It's entirely possible to drive on bent wheels and not notice. As far as he knew, the wheels were straight.

But that's the situation. You bought some wheels and they're bent. You have two options. You repair them or you sell them to someone else. You don't go back to the guy you bought them from.

No one is saying that you ripped off Joe. The notion is that you were overcharging for Joe's stuff. When you have high profile parts. People tend to remember where they came from and how much they're worth. When it's random **** like a hood, a downpipe, or an xbox, no one cares.
Okay so I'm an idiot for having a different viewpoint than you. Nice. Way to throw out insults. I already posted a poll on this where you chipped in.

https://www.i-club.com/forums/random...-right-255878/

There are people that don't agree with you. In my opinion I should be able to go back to the seller. ESPECIALLY in a forum setting. Maybe not craigslist. But I believe forums hold more honor than craigslist.

No one is saying I ripped off Joe? tw34kz literally said I tried to rip him off...

To your other point high profile parts are different then parts no one cares about. So a double standard exists. That's cool. Good to know.

I paid 1850 for Joe's interior with trade (if I remember correctly). Listed the evo seats for 1100 OBO. I listed the rest of interior $800 with 05 WRX trade? On top of that I had the audio. $300 for amps, $300 for the Focals. I would have made $600 if buyers would have paid my asking (which isn't likely with the lowballers). That's not a whole lot of money of profit. Especially accounting for it's one of a kind, and people were going to offer less.

Please refrain from insults and personal attacks. Not everyone shares your viewpoint. And while I respect your viewpoint I disagree. I am not alone, and you should respect the opinions of others.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
And installation fee... That's hilarious.
What you don't get is that I paid $600+ for a 4 channel amp install, 4 speakers, mono channel amp, and sub wiring. So forgive me if I don't want that to go to waste. I would have just kept the stock audio if I didn't have the chance to get high end Focals for a great deal.

I called Joe and he got back to me after the amps had been installed. So... yeah I theoretically could have told my installer to stop right that moment. Drive around with a half finished audio install, and pay my installer for a... partial install? Or have him remove everything and pay him for doing nothing (which Joe wouldn't cover). But realistically that makes no sense.

I would have never spent the money for the audio, or the install knowing the speakers weren't the kr2. Therefore I feel like Joe was the responsible party. But that's a different matter because that issue has been RESOLVED. To be honest it's really none of your business either.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:46 PM

Car Info: 2013 ISM WRX GR
Can we all just be friends and drive Subarus?
Old 02-28-2015, 02:51 PM

Car Info: Whatever The Lot Provides ;)
Originally Posted by mikhoe
Can we all just be friends and drive Subarus?

Quick Reply: 2L Monster ripped me off $300