NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

2L Monster ripped me off $300

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 01:39 PM
Bad Mudder Trucker

Car Info: 2013 Forester on Towstrap
Originally Posted by LxJLthr
Dude dude dude! That ain't no proper diet to be ripped! Protein shakes, brah, protein shakes!

Last edited by The Law; 03-06-2015 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:44 AM
I paid $200 to charity and all I got was this stupid title... oh, and I'm probably out to sea right now too.

Car Info: '02 WRB Bugeye Wagon
I still cant believe this thread isnt locked yet
Old 03-09-2015, 09:00 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by Tren Hard
January 6th 2015 i purchased some slightly used tires off the i-club member 2L Monster and ended up being ripped off for $300. The tires are completely unusable according to three different tire shops. To the naked eye the tires looked perfect. The member Dan Thelen is the seller who actually is deployed and had his friend sell me the tires since Dan was not local. Long story short, as soon as the tires were inflated with as much as 15lbs of air the tire shop employees all noticed cracking around the edges of the bead on 3 of the 4 tires. Dan also had me meet his friend at night in a dark parking lot probably so it would be easier to hide the bad beads on the tires. I used a flashlight and couldnt see anything wrong with the tires that night and like I said you can not even see the damage until they are on the wheels slightly inflated. With Dan being someone in the U.S. Air Force, I wouldn't expect someone of honor to do this and rip me off for his own personal gain while deployed which gives him a curtain to hide behind. Instead Dan began blaming it all on me telling me I ruined the tires. His friend who sold me the tires is also in the military, air force, and wouldn't give me my money back either. Dan said he would have to wait until he returned home to help me, well, that turned out to be untrue as im still waiting. Just because someone is in the military shouldn't give them any reason to ever trust them, especially because some people are now using their title to take advantage of others. So now I'm out $300 AND I have to pay another $40 disposal fee for these useless tires.

I created this post so everyone would be aware of what happened to me and to not make the same mistake of buying parts/tires off 2L Monster. If you do buy used tires, make the seller go with you to a tire shop to get them installed before you even pay for them.

Update 3/8/15:
So as you can see, many members including 2L Monster(Dan Thelen) and his friends started insulting, harassing and threatening me based off this post I created. I would have edited and deleted all this info if Dan could have contacted me like a civil person rather than a unprofessional jerk aswell as him and his buddies. I think anyone should read this whole thread to get a feel for how one is generally treated on iclub. This happens to tons of members besides me and is ridiculous. Beware of the members that teamed up against me in the following messages, as they're all friends and premeditate bad sales, getting into fights/jumping people at their meets if they don't like you and all around create a horrible community for people especially new members. This entire thread could have been avoided but members online decided to treat me poorly so I will not delete this. I still feel the exact same way as when I posted the original message.
Quoting this for WOW.

How confused are you? Im going to try and break this one down bit by bit too.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:04 AM
moist amateur

Car Info: 2k4 WRB/WRX
^ I am seriously speechless after reading that.

"getting into fights/jumping people at their meets if they don't like you"

:wtf:

can we please ban Tren Hard? Pleeeeeease
Old 03-09-2015, 09:13 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Originally Posted by tren hard
getting into fights/jumping people at their meets
lolwat
Old 03-09-2015, 09:20 AM
Churro Aficionado

Update 3/8/15:
So as you can see, many members including 2L Monster(Dan Thelen) and his friends started insulting, harassing and threatening me based off this post I created.
Maybe its because you had one side of the story, and there is always another side/point of view.

Update 3/8/15:
I would have edited and deleted all this info if Dan could have contacted me like a civil person rather than a unprofessional jerk aswell as him and his buddies.
I thought Dan posted up that he did in fact try to contract you, and willing to meet up once he was home? Then you went all Biblical on him and acting crazy like you are. Roid rage brah, its not them, its you.

Update 3/8/15:
I think anyone should read this whole thread to get a feel for how one is generally treated on iclub. This happens to tons of members besides me and is ridiculous.
If people based all their assumptions off a single thread, and had ZERO back story on anything/anyone, then yes maybe everyone is unfair and treats you poorly. The fact of the matter is that YOU are a young 20-something year old who thinks they're the ultimate **** and can whoop anyones *** that talks **** and calls you out for being a huge tool. You act the way you act and get treated the way you do. If thats you're personality online (maybe its how you are in person too), get used to it. You've been told this idk how many times by myself and others.

Update 3/8/15:
Beware of the members that teamed up against me in the following messages, as they're all friends
Um no. We are not all friends. I personally am only friends with about 9 of the 45 others who have posted in this thread. Dan has been to local meets off and on for a while, am I friends with him? Not really. Do I stand behind him over you, yes.

Update 3/8/15:
premeditate bad sales
How delusional are you? Like seriously, do you take meds that you've laid off for a while now? Who would all gang up together and say "hey, lets sell some used parts and rip some random guy off. Then all gang up on them when they call me out for selling a used part." Anyone could have bought the tires, you did. Someone else might have not been happy with the condition of them, but its obvious you wernt. The parts you bought were used..... USED. You get what you pay for, you paid for USED tires.

Update 3/8/15:
getting into fights/jumping people at their meets if they don't like you create a horrible community for people especially new members.
can you please show ONE just ONE example of this happening???? Ive been going to the Sac Thurs night meets for over 7 years now and have NEVER seen a fight or anything escalate to a fight since ive been going. Have YOU threatened to beat someones *** if YOU show up? Yup pretty sure you have. Sounds like its YOU that brings drama around and thats why no one likes YOU. Pretty sure we have had tons of ppl come out to the meets and gotten good info and have continued to come back. A lot of ppl at the meet have been going for years and we have all become close friends outside of the weekly meet. Yes, we have gotten feedback from a few that at times, we can be too "clicky" or too off put. Its because we are all friends outside of the meet and do not solely talk about subarus ect. We have told everyone that we are friendly and dont bite too hard if they are new and have any questions.

Update 3/8/15:
This entire thread could have been avoided but members online decided to treat me poorly so I will not delete this. I still feel the exact same way as when I posted the original message.
This thread is just another great example of how you act online and how you get treated for doing so. there hasnt been any response from you (other than this edit) since March 1st. Cause and effect, learn it.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:36 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Truth.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:44 AM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Ahahahahh And to think........ It could not get better!!!!!
Old 03-09-2015, 09:57 AM
Bad Mudder Trucker

Chicken destroyed that post!!!!!!! HAHAHAHHAHA.

Tren hard not really hard at all.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:03 AM
I paid $200 to charity and all I got was this stupid title... oh, and I'm probably out to sea right now too.

haha wow....

just...

Wow.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:04 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by The Law
Chicken destroyed that post!!!!!!! HAHAHAHHAHA. Tren hard not really hard at all.
he's trensoft
Old 03-09-2015, 10:06 AM

like microsoft? only gayer?
Old 03-09-2015, 10:12 AM
Churro Aficionado

IBnoResponseFromTren
Old 03-09-2015, 10:18 AM
Bad Mudder Trucker

Originally Posted by Heedz
he's trensoft
Originally Posted by JAC Wagon
like microsoft? only gayer?
Dead!! LOL!!!!!

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
IBnoResponseFromTren
Watch out, he might send you biblical verses. LOL!
Old 03-09-2015, 10:20 AM

Car Info: '05 Saab 92x Aero
jumping people at their meets if they don't like you
Can confirm. Was jumped at the last meet I went to cuz I drive a Saab.

Quick Reply: 2L Monster ripped me off $300