NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

2L Monster ripped me off $300

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 01:04 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by xhengmanx
lol Joe sold bad speakers? I highly doubt it.
He tried to sell sex once....... LOL
Old 02-28-2015, 02:05 AM

Car Info: @eatwithnaveed
isnt baliztik the one with that ugly *** front grill on the hawkeye wagon? lol this thread is hilarious. i got your back lorenz, joe, and chase! =)
Old 02-28-2015, 02:41 AM

Car Info: WRX
Originally Posted by StealthMODE
isnt baliztik the one with that ugly *** front grill on the hawkeye wagon? lol this thread is hilarious. i got your back lorenz, joe, and chase! =)
Lol throwing out insults. What a class act you all are. But that has nothing to do with how I dealt in the classifieds so whatever. I modded my car how I liked it. No regrets.

Originally Posted by xhengmanx
lol Joe sold bad speakers? I highly doubt it.
Speakers worked fine. Sounded great. What he thought he was selling were focal Focal 165 KR2 6.5" component set. What I got were Focal 165V30 6.5" Front Speakers 6.5" Front Speakers. A quick google search is $700 MSRP difference. I'm not going to go into further detail as Joe and I have already reconciled. He told me that his installer ripped him off. I have no problem with Joe. He was a stand up guy and was very patient with me because I had a lot of questions because I was spending a lot of money. He helped me swap the parts, enough said.

Here's every text message shared between me and tw34kz. I did you the courtesy of blanking out your phone number and addresss. According to the texts I purchased the rims for $450. I think I remember paying $400. I sent him the receipt from the rim repair shop. And my mechanic who is well respected in Sacramento (tofuman) on here can attest to the fact that they would not balance with brand new tires. So yeah, there was a month between when you sold me the wheels and when I had tires mounted on them. And I don't have an account of our in person interactions. But I asked you if they were bent, and I was fine with the curb rash. I highly doubt they were bent sitting in my living room waiting for my tires to be shipped. tofuman, and the wheel repair place in sacramento said that the wobble created by the bends would be enough to cause uneven tire wear. I didn't come at you aggressively, and I never threatened you. I know where you live, and could **** with your ride but I'm not that type of person. I gave you a week to think about it and never heard from you again. I decided to let it rest. $400 + 200 repair. I'm pretty sure picked up from wheeldude they were 675 cash.

And if you are all going to chastise me for selling things for profit. Heedz, XBOX 360 for $150, Vita for $150, C2D laptop for $400. Let's be real. None of those are deals and the HP laptop is the most overpriced out of all of them. So please do not chastise me for selling things at market value. When you have listed things for sale at much higher prices.
Old 02-28-2015, 03:10 AM

I asked you about fitment because the people I am familiar with were telling me that the 17x9+42 would have problems. Sure, I'm the one exaggerating when you are telling people it was 300-350. Now I would agree with your statement saying that you did not pressure me into buying your wheels. You were looking to sell either the grids or the RPF1s. He said she said, I never remember you telling me to buy new rims. But like I said before. I was fine with the curb rash, I'M NOT SAYING THEY WERE DIFFERENT IN APPEARANCE and the plasti dip. I knew the price was good for what I was getting. I asked you if they were bent, and you said "no". I left with you saying, "If you have any problems just let me know." So that's a he said she said kind of deal. So believe who you want.

I decided to text you because I didn't want to be that guy harassing you over the phone. I also wanted to give you time to think. Joe and I had a heated conversation over the phone that ended in an agreement. Like I said in the text I was going to give you the opportunity to make it right. No threats, no requests (other than to take them back).

I'm not saying you are aren't friendly, not saying you were trying to rip me off. But in both cases with you and Joe I had a legitimate gripe with both sales. Your rims were bent. His speakers were different. It's not like I planned it. I sent you the receipt. I sent Joe a picture of the speakers. Nothing was made up or fabricated. The only thing you have is whether or not the sale was as is. If it was as is then I can't complain. But when buying something, if the item is misrepresented. I have every right to go back to the seller. Especially if they tell me "let me know if you have any problems". In addition that's what I expect from a community forum.
After reading the texts it looks like it was indeed $450. As far as Joe I explained earlier the speakers were different. $700 MSRP. He told me that instead of a GREAT deal I was only getting a GOOD deal, and that he would not refund me any money. Now regardless of whether or not it was a good or great deal, fact of the matter is that I got something different than advertised. THAT IS FACT. In my recollection he also did not offer to pay for removing the parts from my car (I told him how much it cost and he said it was unreasonably high, and that the point at which I had installed the speakers, and found out they were a different model, would have been before my installer wired the amp etc). But that's a he said she said slippery slope. We AGREED there would be no refund. He gave me an ultimatum. I wasn't going to uninstall the parts and bring them back to him and eat the installation fee.

You are making it seem like we didn't reconcile anything. We came to terms, he wasn't going to give me a partial refund, and I wasn't going to uninstall the audio from my car. It's not like the conversation ended badly. If he's making it seem like that then there's something I'm missing.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:20 AM

Car Info: 2004 Impreza Wagon [Voltex :P], 1996 Impreza 2dr
You pulled almost exactly what I expected. All text and no calls. No point in arguing when you are just going pretty much make it your word vs my word again and again. Like I said before and of course its going to look one sided in some cases cause you pulled the texts between you and I. Still doesn't really account for the phone conversations and then when I do bring that up it'll be "he said this."
Old 02-28-2015, 07:46 AM

Lol higher than market prices? Check ebay or CL for the vita and Xbox. If the vita was so high how did it sell then?

The laptop yeah I can agree but it was OBO and posted for someone else's requested price...
Old 02-28-2015, 08:52 AM

Car Info: No more Subaru
Wtf who got my hood for free? Lol
Old 02-28-2015, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by tw34kz
You pulled almost exactly what I expected. All text and no calls. No point in arguing when you are just going pretty much make it your word vs my word again and again. Like I said before and of course its going to look one sided in some cases cause you pulled the texts between you and I. Still doesn't really account for the phone conversations and then when I do bring that up it'll be "he said this."
That's exactly what I'm saying. It's a he said she said account at this point. We are not going to get anywhere. You are not going to believe the rims left your house bent. I am not going to believe you didn't have uneven tire wear. I'm not looking for money back. I stopped bugging you.

1. Don't say that you didn't say "they aren't bent".
2. Don't say you sold them to me for $300-350.
3. Don't say that I didn't pick them up knowing their physical condition.
4. Don't say I bugged you incessantly. I can bring up the call logs, but really don't want to. Sure I asked you about fitment and your suspension. I didn't want to buy rims that wouldn't fit on my car. And two mechanics told me I'd need camber bolts.
5. Don't say that I tried to "rip off" Joe too with no justification.

These 5 things are facts that you are twisting. Straight up. Okay you can argue 4. But I personally feel I gave you your space.

The texts are fact. I don't know how you think I'm trying to make it one sided, because those are literally your words. I hope you agree they are unedited. I HAVE SAID I BOUGHT THEM KNOWING THEY WERE CURBED AND HAD PLASTI DIP. They were $450. I could live with that. I knew I was going to curb them anyway. But I didn't think they were going to be bent, and it made me mad I paid close to new price for some ****ed up rims. I contacted you to see if it you wanted to make it right. WHAT DO YOU THINK I'M LEAVING OUT? WHAT DID WE TALK ABOUT ON THE PHONE ABOUT THE RIMS BEING BENT? If you think that a call would have been the right thing to do, sure, that's a difference in opinion. But I wanted an account of what went on between us. I also could have come in person to your house. Would that have been acceptable? Look my mechanic can vouch for me. Rims were bent. If you think I bent them when they weren't on my car. That's you.

Did you say "let me know if you have any probems"? If not it's like I said we are just differing on whether you sold them as is. To me it wasn't like that. And your attitude after selling them was just "I got my money, good luck". I don't know how you can hold it against me for showing your unedited texts. That's what you said. That's how you replied. Own up to it.

If you are going to give your account of things I am going to give mine. Just defending my position. I'm giving my FACTS. Unlike the 5 things you want to over exaggerate to make your side of the story look better.

Look man I didn't bring anything up until Heedz decided to call me out (for... doing something everyone does?), and you made a comment. And I hope you empathize and can see how it feels to me like you and your friends are ganging up on me. I can definitely see how you think I tried to rip you off. But did Joe tell you he sold me different speakers? I think the going price for those at the time were $1000 vs $600, not the $700 difference they are now. I don't understand. You try to make it seem like I tried to rip him off. If you don't see where I'm coming from in my transaction with him then... yeah... I don't know what you think is just.

Originally Posted by Heedz
Lol higher than market prices? Check ebay or CL for the vita and Xbox. If the vita was so high how did it sell then?

The laptop yeah I can agree but it was OBO and posted for someone else's requested price...
The vita and xbox sure, they're arguable market price. But not great deals. As far as the laptop, I'm glad we can agree on that. What I was trying to get at is that I did the same thing when selling my car. I sold some things at market price, some below market price, and others I knew were special and knew they were worth more. My prices were OBO. They always are. So I don't see where you can hold it against me trying to sell for more. I had brand new in box rally armor mud flaps I sold for $15 off retail (not including shipping). Selling the interior would make up for my other losses. Let's just come to an agreement that you do the same thing sometimes. And for some reason you decided to call me out for it.

Whether or not you agree with my prices is one thing. But you know, just let me do my thing. That's what classifieds are for. Regardless of the member you should be able to empathize when someone buys something and gets ripped off. Especially by a different member. Whether it be Procede who has the nicest car in town, or Trenhard, the douche with roid rage (I think he's just young... and definitely not from Cali).
Old 02-28-2015, 09:17 AM

Car Info: 2015 FXT Stage II
This is very interesting stuff.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by StealthMODE
Another thing. I can appreciate you having your boys backs. I really can. If I were in a similar situation I would to. But there's no reason for the hate. And I hope you can look at the situation between tw34kz and Heedz and I with some objectivity. I don't have a situation with Joe, because we RESOLVED it. Again I really don't appreciate you hating on how I decide to mod my car. Because in my eyes it looked great, and it was a one off custom front bumper. Calling it ugly is really uncalled for, and to disrespect someone else's effort to come unique is ****ed up in my eyes. It's not like I slapped on a need for speed bumper, with mismatched paint.

I don't like slammed cars. You don't see me shelling out insults at other people's rides. Especially when they are working hard to make it look a certain way. So please, respect others. And if you choose not to, at least do so knowing you're being a dick.

Originally Posted by LOLFUNCTION
Wtf who got my hood for free? Lol
Maybe it was Procede? Someone gave away a 08+ wrx hood that was wrapped in white... Oh maybe it was a different guy... Lizzard? Imprezzard? I forget. My bad for misreferencing.

Originally Posted by Heedz

I'm going to edit this post and not touch my other ones. But anyways. We all know people low ball. That's another reason for putting up higher OBO prices, because with the offers people throw out, and negotiating to be in somewhere in the middle, you get what you actually want.

Last edited by Baliztik; 02-28-2015 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:47 AM

Look I'm done with ya'll. If you want to keep hating go on and hate. I provided all the facts I have. You and the community can make your own decisions about what happened. tw34kz ain't a bad guy, just sold me some bent rims and we disagreed on how it should be handled and whether or not they were bent. Heedz ain't either, he just trolls a lot online. Joe's a great guy.

Fact is I don't know a lot of you on here. Keep on acting like trolls and haters and I don't want to get to know you. I've dealt with a good amount of people on here and the people I've met usually are really nice. We have a good conversation. Some I would consider my friends, like Javablk, Vladi, tofuman, ruppees88 (not fair because I knew him personally in college), Asteyv, rymagi, etc. If they thought i was shady, I would have a problem. Because I care what they think of me, because they know me.

The rest of you that don't know me. It's unlikely that we'll meet because I don't have a subaru anymore. I have an ugly *** xB that gets MPG and keeps getting broken into. But that was the correct choice for me to make at my point in life. However, if we do meet I hope you can hopefully meet me unbiased. Without a belief that I tried to rip people off.

What's more I hope that you can judge me by the person I am and the conversations we share, rather than how cool my car is, and how many rare mods and how nice my car looks. It shouldn't be about the car, it should be about the driver.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:52 AM

I just troll a lot online? I troll IRL too lol. You'll hear me say the same **** I'll say here in person.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:34 AM

Car Info: 2004 Impreza Wagon [Voltex :P], 1996 Impreza 2dr
look im not saying it's your fault it's bent. I'm not saying its my fault it's bent. BUT please tell me that it me selling wheels that I had no knowledge of being "bent" when I had them then you telling me they were and asking me to pay for repair or buy back is fair or the right thing to do when your situation was a lot better then tren hards? No one at fault imo is what I'm trying to get at.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:44 AM

Car Info: No more Subaru
Yea wasn't me with the hood. I tried to pick it up but another guy did for free and sold it.

Hide really is a troll irl too. A decade of tentacle **** has driven him mad
Old 02-28-2015, 10:54 AM

look im not saying it's your fault it's bent. I'm not saying its my fault it's bent. BUT please tell me that it me selling wheels that I had no knowledge of being "bent" when I had them then you telling me they were and asking me to pay for repair or buy back is fair or the right thing to do when your situation was a lot better then tren hards? No one at fault imo is what I'm trying to get at.
Not saying it's my fault it's bent? What's this then.

After you bought my wheels you hit me up through text only (no phone conversation) maybe a month later saying my wheels were bent and your tire shop couldn't mount tires at all, you then also demanded that $200 for "repairs" since i sold you wheels for $300-350 that were supposedly bent by me when they were fine in my possession and there were no bends. Hmm...

It is not the same as Trenhard, but I did get jipped. I bought wheels for cheap. Had to pay $200 to get them usable. No one's fault? So the rims bent themselves. Bottom line, you got your money, I got a product not as described.

What would have been the right thing is to take the wheels back. Give me my money back. Or offer to cover at least part of the repair. You didn't want to do either. Joe at least offered to buy everything back, but I would have to eat the repair fee.

Quick Reply: 2L Monster ripped me off $300