Newbie & FAQ New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the I-Club group. FAQs will also be answered in here.

Went in for a 2016 STI came away with a 2016 WRX

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 10:05 AM

Car Info: 2016 WRX Premium
Went in for a 2016 STI came away with a 2016 WRX

Not sure if this is allowed but I joined clubwrx.net and wanted to give the same basic intro over here see below. Also I in the bay area, wife is going to paypal the money now for Sunday's meet in Fremont hope its ok being a day late!

I recently unintentionally bought a WRX after going in wanting an STI. Test drove a couple of STIs, fantastic cars, shame they dont have the new engine. Dealer talked me into trying a new WRX and i was so surprised in its abilities, the early torque power band is so accessible, even when compared against its hardcore brother, the cornering grip is just insane, for me it just made sense. Wanted gray settled on wifes choice of white with short shift and harmon kardon.

Just thought i should say hi before i start lurking and annoying folks for information. Dump Valve will be my first research project, ive always been facinated by turbo wooshes and atmospheric psssh's but some how Ive never gotten around to putting one on previous turbos i've owned. At 6k miles I'll probably look to safely remap with bits like intake, and maybe an exhaust but im getting a little to old for super loud droney stuff, if a switchable one exists alike what i had on my Porsche and it increased performance i would be in the market.

Im in for northern cali meets!
Old 07-29-2015, 03:33 PM
Where's Mah Reachin' Stick?

Car Info: On the right side
Welcome to i-Club!
Old 07-29-2015, 03:48 PM

Car Info: 2015 SWP WRX
Great decision! I ditched my '11 STI for the '15 WRX and I don't regret it one bit. Congrats
Old 07-29-2015, 03:50 PM

Car Info: $2000 hawkeye
See you at BAM!
Old 07-29-2015, 06:22 PM

Car Info: 2006 STI
Originally Posted by wrxdink
Not sure if this is allowed but I joined clubwrx.net and wanted to give the same basic intro over here see below. Also I in the bay area, wife is going to paypal the money now for Sunday's meet in Fremont hope its ok being a day late!

I recently unintentionally bought a WRX after going in wanting an STI. Test drove a couple of STIs, fantastic cars, shame they dont have the new engine. Dealer talked me into trying a new WRX and i was so surprised in its abilities, the early torque power band is so accessible, even when compared against its hardcore brother, the cornering grip is just insane, for me it just made sense. Wanted gray settled on wifes choice of white with short shift and harmon kardon.

Just thought i should say hi before i start lurking and annoying folks for information. Dump Valve will be my first research project, ive always been facinated by turbo wooshes and atmospheric psssh's but some how Ive never gotten around to putting one on previous turbos i've owned. At 6k miles I'll probably look to safely remap with bits like intake, and maybe an exhaust but im getting a little to old for super loud droney stuff, if a switchable one exists alike what i had on my Porsche and it increased performance i would be in the market.

Im in for northern cali meets!

Welcome, see you at bam. No need for a Blow off valve stay full recirc.
Old 08-09-2015, 10:01 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Welcome!