Tuesday Meet Feeler: Arden Town Center

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 02:49 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Tuesday Meet Feeler: Arden Town Center

Hey Guys,

I dont want to step on anybodys toes by trying to organize a new meet, so if I am, I apologize.

I'm basically thinking it would be nice to have a meet centralized in Sacramento, as opposed to Natomas, Roseville, Elk Grove, etc. The Sac folks get screwed for those meets because they ALWAYS have to drive like 20 mins to get to the meet. So, the idea is to have the meet IN Sacramento and always be at the same spot, so theres no guessing. I figure if we get a good group of people out there then I wouldnt have to uppate this thread every week and we can just keep it going. Like the old meets that happened at Howe/Arden but in a way better spot.

September 3, 2013 UPDATE: NEW LOCATION
We still meet every Tuesday, it is in the same location every week so there aren't too many updates to this thread. Come on by!
Beach Hut Deli- Loehmanns Plaza
2535 Fair Oaks Blvd., Sacramento, CA (used to be Jack's Urban Eats)
Those of you not familiar with Beachhut Deli, It has a very relaxed atomsphere conducive to great conversation and good times.

Last edited by Superusdm; 09-03-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:27 PM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
I'm right down the street, I might be down occasionally if people think it's a good idea.

One thing to note: one of the reasons the meets move around is to avoid getting pegged in one spot by law enforcement or other car clubs, and to switch things up food-wise - there are a lot of folks in the Rocklin area and up in the hills which is why it falls on that side of town a lot (I'm over here, so I'm not against it, just giving you a heads up if you don't get a huge take rate in one place - EG is the same way)
Old 06-20-2012, 07:28 PM
Call me Pebbles

Car Info: Moist
I'd be in for some meets on this side of town.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:30 PM

Car Info: 2012 WRX
ill be down to go if this get up and going
Old 06-20-2012, 07:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
Originally Posted by sybir
I'm right down the street, I might be down occasionally if people think it's a good idea.

One thing to note: one of the reasons the meets move around is to avoid getting pegged in one spot by law enforcement or other car clubs, and to switch things up food-wise - there are a lot of folks in the Rocklin area and up in the hills which is why it falls on that side of town a lot (I'm over here, so I'm not against it, just giving you a heads up if you don't get a huge take rate in one place - EG is the same way)
aaron i didnt read your post cause im lazy, but ill go if you go lol
Old 06-21-2012, 02:52 AM

Car Info: San Remo Red '05 WRX
I like Tuesdays.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:39 AM

Car Info: 02 PSM Impreza WRX
Tuesdays arent a bad idea, I'll be down to show up
Old 06-21-2012, 06:26 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Awesome! Thanks for your input guys, I am stoked that there is some interest. I wasn't too worried about law enforcement because we wont be doing anything illegal, I figure most the time we would be partoning the nearby businesses so we couldnt be popped for loitering. Not only that, but the nearby intersection is very busy so there are plenty of speeders to catch the cop-ers eyes.

Since I created the thead I've been to that beachhut a few times and sat on the patio. I probably counted 5 or 6 modified subies drive by each day I was there, 2 of which I saw on both occasions. I was thinking it might actually be cool to have a meet in a high profile area, because then other Subaru owners driving by that may not be on the forums could stop by and say "hello".

I figured that because of the other meets in the greater Sac area, this one may not turn into anything big. Its probably better that way because there is only room for 10-12 cars in the immediate Beachhut vacinity anyway. But, it would be cool to have say 4-8 guys show up on any given tuesday, like a regular thing. Ill go ahead and plan on being out there this Tuesday (6/26) from 5:30/6ish till they close at 8. Come by whenever. Ill be the guy on the patio with a humongous beer in my hand. My 03 is on jack stands in the garage at the moment, so Ill have my old turbo Legacy with a crunched passenger quarter panel parked out front. I hope that a few of you will show up, Ill make sure to say "Hi" if I see you roll up in a Subaru.

The address:
510 La Sierra Drive
Sacramento
(On the corner of Watt/Fair Oaks Blvd- behind the Arco (AM/PM?))

Edit: Those of you that are thinking of coming out, please leave a reply to peak more interest and bump the thread.

Last edited by Superusdm; 06-21-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:23 PM

Car Info: 2012 WRX
I will definitely try to make it to this one
Old 06-21-2012, 10:14 PM

Car Info: San Remo Red '05 WRX
If I'm not in Chico moving, I'll be there for sure. I like this Tuesday idea atm.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:33 PM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
If I can make a recommendation, update the first post with time/location info in bold so it's clear for new folks scanning the thread. I'll try to make it out if I'm not out with the woman.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:43 PM

Car Info: Subaru 2003 WRX
blahh i hate my shift, i still cant even make it to this one... eh
Old 06-25-2012, 01:04 AM

Car Info: 2016 CWP STI
I'm in this area every Tuesday at this time haha. I'll try to come by when I can.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:25 AM
Stacheless Cholo

Car Info: 2005 STi
I'd be down...
Old 06-25-2012, 10:14 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Id swing by if there was any easy way for me to get there.. as of right now taking Watt all the way down is the "easiest"

Quick Reply: Tuesday Meet Feeler: Arden Town Center