Feeler: Lake Tahoe Meet/Cruise

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 06:17 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon PSM
Official: Lake Tahoe Basin Cruise (LTBC) 2015

Update 6/6/15:

I want to thank everyone who came out to the first Lake Tahoe Basin Cruise! I had a great time and I sure hope all of you did as well. I can't promise, but I'm sure that this will be happening again next spring! I know everyone hates survey's, but with this being the first event I put together, I would like to get everyone's feedback about the event (good or bad). Also, Noah​ I'm sorry that your car had timing issues during the cruise and hope you're able to join us the entire time next year!

Thanks again everyone!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/T6RGL6P

WELCOME!

This is the official event thread for the Lake Tahoe Basin Cruise for 2015. This is the first (that I know of) Subaru caravan/cruise around Lake Tahoe and I'm really excited to be holding the event this spring! You are all more than welcome to invite people to like the page and join the fun. Below are some details about the event that will likely be updated several times before the actual event. You're also welcome to arrange any caravans to the meeting spot and I'm sure most of you are coming from the Bay or around Sacramento area so you guys could meet up somewhere convenient if desired. I have others interested in Fresno, Reno/Carson, and Chico areas so by all means, caravan to the caravan.

Please feel free to share this information with others!

There is a short and easy survey link below that will help me with awareness and interest in the event. PLEASE take the survey so I can gather more information! It's only 8 simple questions and nobody has taken longer than 5 minutes to complete.

Survey Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9JFQ5HK

Official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/LakeTahoeBasinCruise

Below are some details about the event that will likely be updated several times before the actual event.

Date: June 13th, 2015 (Official)

Time: 10:00 (Meeting time) 11:00 (Departing time)

Food/Drink: Bring your own, but no alcohol! (Official lol)

LTBC Rules & Recommendations:

This is probably one of the most important parts about this event. If we end up with a decent turnout (or way more than expected), then we will attract a lot of attention. Law enforcement out here gets bored quite often and with a lot of Subarus driving down really fun roads, that's just asking for trouble. So, here are the rules and recommendations for the meet and cruise. If you do not follow them, you will not be welcomed back, and it could potentially prevent this event from happening again in the future. If you have any problems with these rules, then don't come. However, if you have questions, please feel free to ask.

- THERE WILL BE ZERO TOLERANCE FOR ***HAT DRIVING!!
- DO NOT: tailgate, Burn-out/launch, rev your engine, race, be an ***hole, pass when you can't, blast your god offal music, LITTER etc. (If you know what an *** drives like, then don't be like them, plain and simple). Please be respectful of the places we meet at and drive through. Lake Tahoe is an incredible place and you should all keep it that way!
- Meeting time at the starting destination means the time that I will be showing up at that time. You're welcome to show up anytime before or after that.
- Departing time will be exactly an hour after the meeting time (11:00AM). Oh and we will not wait for you!
- We will drive south on HWY 89 to Tahoe City and continue south on the west shore all the way to S. Lake Tahoe. We will park in the Mont Bleu parking lot and have an hour break to get food, gas, gamble, see the lake, shop, or what ever you'd like to do during that time. Knowing me, I'll probably get some food and play Derby at Mont Bleu lol.
- Once that hour is up, we will then venture north along the east shore towards Incline Village/Crystal Bay and eventually all the way back to Tahoe City. From Tahoe City, we will end our trip back at the Squaw Valley parking lot. When we get back to Squaw. Once we've returned to Squaw's parking lot, that will be the end of the caravan and you will then be free to do what ever you like.
- You do not have to stay with the group the entire time. If you'd like to stop somewhere (likely emerald bay, Zephyr cove, etc.) you're more than welcome to. Just know we won't wait for you.
- I RECOMMEND you have enough gas to get you to South Lake Tahoe. It's the cheapest in the area and we will be stopping down there anyways.
- IF YOUR CAR IS LOW you will want to change that before heading up to Tahoe. The roads are not perfect everywhere. Most of the drive consists of nicely paved roads and fine. However, certain spots (like Kings Beach) is very uneven and bumpy. So I suggest you set your car up for a comfortable ride.
- Bring a camera, this area is incredibly beautiful even though it's seriously lacking in snowpack.
- Have a map ready. If you're not familiar with the area, you never know when you could need it.

Name:  Screen%20Shot%202015-05-04%20at%201.38.14%20PM_zpsqqebpvpf.png
Views: 135
Size:  957.3 KB

Name:  Screenshot%202015-06-08%2014.21.59_zpsyqllgece.png
Views: 144
Size:  1.30 MB

Last edited by 02 bugeye wagon; 06-13-2015 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Location Update
Old 04-01-2015, 11:11 PM

Car Info: WRX STI 2015
I'm down bro.

Let's do this

Originally Posted by 02 bugeye wagon
This might be a long shot, but I am posting this thread to see if people would be interested in a much smaller scaled BAM (or just as big if that many people are interested) but have it be in Lake Tahoe? This is just an idea so don't be shooting me down like we are on nasioc. Personally, I think it would be cool to do something similar as BAM, but not include any vendor or liquor complications (Boo I know, why no booze you ask...). Just Subies and the beautiful snowless Sierra's... It would likely be meeting up at one of the ski resorts on the north shore and driving around the lake at a certain time. Or if any of you have better ideas, please feel free to speak up. If it's too far, then don't come. If you can't afford it, ride up with someone, etc. I just happened to stumble upon this idea and figured I'd see who would be interested. I've enjoyed going to BAM the last three years and would like to have something similar up here. All Bay and Sac folks can arrange a caravan even if desired. I don't know about you, but I enjoy driving to BAM with 40+ other Subaru's.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:27 PM

Car Info: 2014 WRX Hatch
This might be a long shot, but I am posting this thread to see if people would be interested in a much smaller scaled BAM (or just as big if that many people are interested) but have it be in Lake Tahoe? This is just an idea so don't be shooting me down like we are on nasioc. Personally, I think it would be cool to do something similar as BAM, but not include any vendor or liquor complications (Boo I know, why no booze you ask...). Just Subies and the beautiful snowless Sierra's... It would likely be meeting up at one of the ski resorts on the north shore and driving around the lake at a certain time. Or if any of you have better ideas, please feel free to speak up. If it's too far, then don't come. If you can't afford it, ride up with someone, etc. I just happened to stumble upon this idea and figured I'd see who would be interested. I've enjoyed going to BAM the last three years and would like to have something similar up here. All Bay and Sac folks can arrange a caravan even if desired. I don't know about you, but I enjoy driving to BAM with 40+ other Subaru's.
Would we call this TAM? Sounds fun there would probably be a good turnout, there are so many Subies up there already. I would go Tahoe , Tahoe is awesome.

Last edited by Blake866; 04-01-2015 at 11:37 PM.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:00 AM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru Wrx hatchback
hell yes
Old 04-02-2015, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Blake866
Would we call this TAM? Sounds fun there would probably be a good turnout, there are so many Subies up there already. I would go Tahoe , Tahoe is awesome.
While there are a lot of subies here, most come from sac/bay for the day. I'm glad some people have shown some interest. I think it'd be a cool thing to do. TAM sounds funny but that's one idea haha. My guess is that this would have to be on a sat/Sunday since most people work weekdays. Please feel free to share this and pass it around to your friends. Not sure when this even would be, but my guess would have to be during spring or early summer? I don't want to make it too close to the same time as BAM. I also need to figure out where we could start at. My guess would be squaw with their huge flat and open parking lot. Easy to get to from 80, plenty of parking, straight shot to the lake from there.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:29 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
I might be interested in that. Make it on a Sat and ill stay the night in Truckee and drive back Sun.

A resort parking lot would deff be a good option as there is TONS of parking. Would want to double check with the desired resort first before just showing up to make sure they dont care.

I think that would make it easy as we shouldn't need any type of permits. Would be cool to bring some BBQs (assuming the resort would be ok with it).

Corey what month were you potentially thinking? Deff still a bit cold right now, even tho there is no snow :/
Old 04-02-2015, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
I might be interested in that. Make it on a Sat and ill stay the night in Truckee and drive back Sun.

A resort parking lot would deff be a good option as there is TONS of parking. Would want to double check with the desired resort first before just showing up to make sure they dont care.

I think that would make it easy as we shouldn't need any type of permits. Would be cool to bring some BBQs (assuming the resort would be ok with it).

Corey what month were you potentially thinking? Deff still a bit cold right now, even tho there is no snow :/
See I thought it was super warm lately. However, I woke up with an inch in our parking lot (at Northstar) which completely surprised me! I would like to do it before kids get out of school and every mom takes their family to Tahoe and overcrowds the road. I feel that if this were to happen and we were to get a big turn out, then I'd want it on a Saturday where there won't be as many people so I'm guessing May or June? I do need some time to figure out a location and how many people would be interested. If it's going to be near 100+; then that'd be way awesome of a turnout, the biggest caravan yet! Like I said before people, share this and give me your feedback!
Old 04-02-2015, 09:32 AM
Churro Aficionado

IMO I think early June would be the better bet. Give more time for planning and getting the word out, especially after getting things finalized.

June all the college folks are (or should be) mostly out, and high school/elementary are usually still in session.

Were you thinking about taking 89 around the lake?
Old 04-02-2015, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
IMO I think early June would be the better bet. Give more time for planning and getting the word out, especially after getting things finalized.

June all the college folks are (or should be) mostly out, and high school/elementary are usually still in session.

Were you thinking about taking 89 around the lake?
Yeah I'm thinking beginning of June before the 18 and under crowd gets out of school. I would start by meeting at squaw valley (if I get approval) at an appropriate time, then drive around the lake starting from there. So in answer to your question, yes 89 would be the best way. Then head to South Lake from Tahoe City, then back up towards Incline Village (driving on the Eastern side of the lake) and back to Squaw to finish it all up.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:55 AM

Car Info: 2013 DXO ISM
Hey thats me!

Im in obiviosuly, as long as im not working
Old 04-02-2015, 10:07 AM
Bad Mudder Trucker

Car Info: 2013 Forester on Towstrap
I might be interested
Old 04-02-2015, 10:12 AM

Car Info: wrx hatchback 2009
this sounds good to me. I could do it on either a Saturday or sunday
Old 04-02-2015, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Tahoescoob
Hey thats me!

Im in obiviosuly, as long as im not working
You have no choice Rob! Oh an nice model pose haha.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:29 AM
Churro Aficionado

Yeah I'm thinking beginning of June before the 18 and under crowd gets out of school. I would start by meeting at squaw valley (if I get approval) at an appropriate time, then drive around the lake starting from there. So in answer to your question, yes 89 would be the best way. Then head to South Lake from Tahoe City, then back up towards Incline Village (driving on the Eastern side of the lake) and back to Squaw to finish it all up.
gotcha
Old 04-02-2015, 10:29 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
i'm interested because i'm planning on taking my kayaks out to lake tahoe soon. but i plan to camp for a couple days as well as kayaking out on emerald bay, or other parts

Quick Reply: Feeler: Lake Tahoe Meet/Cruise