Subaru Only To Santa Cruz

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 05:53 AM

Car Info: 2014 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by Rescuer
well it takes 30 minutes with no traffic to get to the in and out in SJ from Dublin.
it takes the tracy caravan about 30 minutes to get to the 580/680 interchange in dublin.

we can meet at the parking lot across the street from freeway interchange entrance at like 850am, where the golf marts new location is. then be in touch with the tracy group as they are approaching the interchange sometime about 905-910am
http://goo.gl/maps/PIfUP

golf mart 6694 Amador Plaza Road, Dublin, CA 94568
http://goo.gl/maps/wxhwr

when we are closer to the date, the tracy caravan leader can contact me (we'll swap #'s) so you can call to let us know as you're approaching the interchange

Is there still a meet at this location?
Old 07-22-2014, 08:01 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by FrenchFruits
I guess you didn't notice any sort of sarcasm.
I'm just trying to save you guys some issues. Like I said before, I have actually completely filled a state park. They don't take very kindly to it. It makes the day stressful for the people putting it together. It makes the park folks stressed because they have to turn people away and they're not staffed to handle that many people let alone clean up after them. And it screws anyone in the future ESPECIALLY you from being able to do an event there in the future.

Trust me I get the money thing but it's still a government run facility. Paperwork is king... even before cash.

I think it's a great spot to do an event for 30 cars. If you use the upper lot it's a great place for 100 cars. If it's organized right.

200 cars is pushing it.

The boardwalk is also a great place to do an event for 25-50 cars. Killer for a couple hundred if you set it up with the park. They have a lot down at the end that they use for this kind of thing. It holds something like 500 cars. But it has to be set up in advance and usually off peak. I.E. not a sat in july.

I know what it feels like to set something up. Drive a couple hours and then get booted by security. It's not fun.

If you do manage to get in to State Park... I know it's expensive but fill up at that 76 station off state park. My buddy is the head mechanic there. They can use the business. Great people at that station.

And Highway 1 Pizza is pretty solid but I'd send someone up there about 30 minutes early and order full pies... or just let them know a crap ton of people are going to walk in.

And there's always Aptos BBQ across the highway and down the street... or Burger... same direction. Great food and beer at both spots. If you got to Burger park across the street in the lot in front of KFC.

There you go. No sarcasm. Just trying to save you guys the stress of screwing up the day for a couple hundred people.

I honestly hope it goes well. I love this kind of stuff... and like I said... I live here. So if people start acting a fool it's going to make life hard on me for the next couple months and I won't be happy about that. Right now I have ZERO problems.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:06 AM

Car Info: 2006 obp wrx limited sedan
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
This is why I can't ****ing stand "events" like this.

So you're a week away from the event and finally figured out the boardwalk is a bad idea if not handled correctly? So you're going to move it... maybe to seacliff (a great spot).

So you've got people from a couple hours away that were planning on one thing that now have to plan on something completely different.

Doing a meet at Seacliff is a great idea if you do one of two things...
1. Limit the size and get there crazy early. Snag some spots on the beach and a few picnic areas. BBQ. Have a freaking blast.

2. Set up an event with the state parks. I'm telling you right now that if you roll in there 200 cars deep you're going to see that the beach parking is FULL and the upper parking will probably be fullish too. And they will not be happy with you. I've got a little experience with filling state parks to capacity. You'd think they'd appreciate the couple grand but they don't take too kindly to it. You might be able to pull it off once but if you ever come back you'll be in trouble or if any other subaru related folks try to set up there and do it right you'll screw them too.

1 week left... 200 cars not knowing where the **** they're going.

Now... few cars going to aptos bbq and hanging out and eating and drinking... I'm in for that. But parking around there... you're talking 5 cars. LOL!
Ray its going to be a few of us. You should join. Ill call you or text you when we are gonna leave. Im not planning on parking just meeting up with a few people and headed to lunch.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:09 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Scoobywax
Ray its going to be a few of us. You should join. Ill call you or text you when we are gonna leave. Im not planning on parking just meeting up with a few people and headed to lunch.
I'd consider going EARLY with a couple buddies and snagging a grill pit and spending a few hours down there and bbqing.

After 9:30-10am it's gonna be a mess. I'd consider meeting up with you guys at Aptos BBQ if that's what you guys end up doing. I can jam down there. Bring my bike and just ride my bike over to check out the cars.

Drop me a line.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:12 AM

I'd consider going EARLY with a couple buddies and snagging a grill pit and spending a few hours down there and bbqing.

After 9:30-10am it's gonna be a mess. I'd consider meeting up with you guys at Aptos BBQ if that's what you guys end up doing. I can jam down there. Bring my bike and just ride my bike over to check out the cars.

Drop me a line.
Yea i think maybe 5 or 6 heads are headed to aptos st bbq for some beers and tritip. You can give the host of the event some tips for next time cause he will be there lol.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:41 AM
General Pimpin'

Yea i think maybe 5 or 6 heads are headed to aptos st bbq for some beers and tritip. You can give the host of the event some tips for next time cause he will be there lol.
If he's willing to hear them I'm good with that.

I honestly hope it goes off without a hitch. I'd love to see more stuff happening over here. I had my eyes on doing something at the drive in for a long time. But it's been different with sutter owning the land now.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:03 AM

Car Info: 2013 WRX
I'm just trying to save you guys some issues. Like I said before, I have actually completely filled a state park. They don't take very kindly to it. It makes the day stressful for the people putting it together. It makes the park folks stressed because they have to turn people away and they're not staffed to handle that many people let alone clean up after them. And it screws anyone in the future ESPECIALLY you from being able to do an event there in the future. Trust me I get the money thing but it's still a government run facility. Paperwork is king... even before cash. I think it's a great spot to do an event for 30 cars. If you use the upper lot it's a great place for 100 cars. If it's organized right. 200 cars is pushing it. The boardwalk is also a great place to do an event for 25-50 cars. Killer for a couple hundred if you set it up with the park. They have a lot down at the end that they use for this kind of thing. It holds something like 500 cars. But it has to be set up in advance and usually off peak. I.E. not a sat in july. I know what it feels like to set something up. Drive a couple hours and then get booted by security. It's not fun. If you do manage to get in to State Park... I know it's expensive but fill up at that 76 station off state park. My buddy is the head mechanic there. They can use the business. Great people at that station. And Highway 1 Pizza is pretty solid but I'd send someone up there about 30 minutes early and order full pies... or just let them know a crap ton of people are going to walk in. And there's always Aptos BBQ across the highway and down the street... or Burger... same direction. Great food and beer at both spots. If you got to Burger park across the street in the lot in front of KFC. There you go. No sarcasm. Just trying to save you guys the stress of screwing up the day for a couple hundred people. I honestly hope it goes well. I love this kind of stuff... and like I said... I live here. So if people start acting a fool it's going to make life hard on me for the next couple months and I won't be happy about that. Right now I have ZERO problems.
Oh absolutely it's going to be a hell hole and it should have been organized with the authorities. That's why I'm driving there and once I spend more than 10min trying to park I'll head to the beach with my buddies.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:16 AM

Car Info: 2014 subaru wrx
Think I'm gonna make life easier and meet up with the San Jose group snag some good pix on the drive of all of us and maybe roll right thru santa cruz and onto gilroy for the garlic festival lol plenty of parking that's free great food and garlic ice cream! Haha anyone hi\ing it up I live a few blocks away so If you're trying to keep ur car clean ya can park in the street instead of the dirt lots!
Old 07-22-2014, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by dozer116
Think I'm gonna make life easier and meet up with the San Jose group snag some good pix on the drive of all of us and maybe roll right thru santa cruz and onto gilroy for the garlic festival lol plenty of parking that's free great food and garlic ice cream! Haha anyone hi\ing it up I live a few blocks away so If you're trying to keep ur car clean ya can park in the street instead of the dirt lots!
Badass man. Glad to hear theres gonna be lots of pictures!
Old 07-22-2014, 10:25 AM

Car Info: 12 STi hatch
So where and when are we going to the BBQ place? I'll drive down with the caravan but prefer not to deal with the mess of parking...
Old 07-22-2014, 11:48 AM

Car Info: 2014 subaru wrx

Badass man. Glad to hear theres gonna be lots of pictures!
Gonna try to slap the go pro somewhere on the car and snag pix and some fly by vids lol depending on how the knee that I had surgery on feels by Saturday :/
Old 07-22-2014, 11:59 AM

Good idea. Ill have the gopro running on the outside of the car maybe. Is it better to have the skeleton case on outside for noise or the waterproof one? I wanna pick up some good sound and not all wind noise lol.

I have a mount inside but you cant see the action very well.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by mooshoo
So where and when are we going to the BBQ place? I'll drive down with the caravan but prefer not to deal with the mess of parking...
Gonna attempt to drive down there just to witness the madness. Then around 12 go to the bbq spot. Ill be in the black hawkeye with the white bigfoot decal on rear pass window. Silver whispbar roofrack. Orange california sticker on drivers side rear window.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
if you are moving, it'll record nothing but wind

if you want to record your car audio, what i do is use an external mic with a 10' wire going to my engine bay or poking out of my trunk to record exhaust rumbles/acceleration
Old 07-22-2014, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Rescuer
if you are moving, it'll record nothing but wind

if you want to record your car audio, what i do is use an external mic with a 10' wire going to my engine bay or poking out of my trunk to record exhaust rumbles/acceleration
Meh ill just keep it inside the car. Plenty of rumble sounds. I used to have it mounted on the center clock pod but there would be a horrible hollow sound when hitting a pothole

Quick Reply: Subaru Only To Santa Cruz