Subaru Only To Santa Cruz

Old 07-02-2014, 10:49 PM

Car Info: 2006 obp wrx limited sedan
Originally Posted by dozer116

I'll hit up my boy and see what he can do! d-_-b
Thank you soo much!! They couldnt have picked a worse day and worse time of year to do that. There wont be 2 spots next to eachother during summer weekends at the boardwalk!
Let me know what you find out and post in the facebook link if you get good info.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:57 AM

Car Info: 2006 WRX wagon
They really should coordinate with Canapa designs for a meet there. Canepa

Then people can actually take a tour of amazing race cars in the museum.

Located in Scotts Valley, and they have a good sized lot. They host a coffee & cars the second saturday of every month through October.

Last edited by matthepcat; 07-03-2014 at 10:00 AM.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by matthepcat

Located in Scotts Valley, and they have a good sized lot. They host a coffee & cars the second saturday of every month through October.
Ya but this is a drive to santa cruz not scotts valley lol. Sv is lame i went to school there.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:24 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Scoobywax
Parking ammenities hit a ****ing roadblock.

Boardwalk doesnt accept reserved spots and no luck with the wharf yet
Bout ready to tell everyone to illegally park!!!!
Yeah... I said that weeks ago.

This event has charlie foxtrot written all over it. Everything wrong with how to set up an "event" or a drive is written all over this one. I'm not only not going but I'm staying the hell out of santa cruz all day so I don't get confused for being involved in this.

The boardwalk had no idea you guys were coming until I asked them.

They're lot can handle it if you get there early enough but it's going to screw them up otherwise. You're talking about the heaviest traffic time of the year. The end of July is a freakin mess over there. PACKED.

The streets are a joke to get around in anyways. Toss 150 plus cars on them and good luck.

I love events. I love drives. I've been on more than I can count. This is the kind of deal you set up with friends and you run 30 cars deep. Not 150-200 or possibly more if people really start to grab a hold of it.

I honestly hope it goes perfectly and no one acts like an idiot as this is my town and I have to drive around in it daily. So do you. Remember that. If people start acting up... shut it down.

I hope I read reports of the most amazing drive ever. So good luck.

I'm just too old to deal with this kind of isht. LOL!

Get there early and be at the front of the pack. Hell... if it was me... I'd do the run with all these other people and as soon as I hit 17 I'd leave them behind. LOL! Get a 10 minute cushion and find parking before the swarm the boardwalk. Go get some coffee and watch the madness.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:25 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.

They're usually pretty cool about this stuff but it's better with say... 50 cars. LOL!

I'd be down to talk to them and do something. I love that place. We had a couple i-club members that used to work there. Speaking of which... I owe one of them a text. LOL!
Old 07-03-2014, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy

Yeah... I said that weeks ago.

This event has charlie foxtrot written all over it. Everything wrong with how to set up an "event" or a drive is written all over this one. I'm not only not going but I'm staying the hell out of santa cruz all day so I don't get confused for being involved in this.

The boardwalk had no idea you guys were coming until I asked them.

They're lot can handle it if you get there early enough but it's going to screw them up otherwise. You're talking about the heaviest traffic time of the year. The end of July is a freakin mess over there. PACKED.

The streets are a joke to get around in anyways. Toss 150 plus cars on them and good luck.

I love events. I love drives. I've been on more than I can count. This is the kind of deal you set up with friends and you run 30 cars deep. Not 150-200 or possibly more if people really start to grab a hold of it.

I honestly hope it goes perfectly and no one acts like an idiot as this is my town and I have to drive around in it daily. So do you. Remember that. If people start acting up... shut it down.

I hope I read reports of the most amazing drive ever. So good luck.

I'm just too old to deal with this kind of isht. LOL!

Get there early and be at the front of the pack. Hell... if it was me... I'd do the run with all these other people and as soon as I hit 17 I'd leave them behind. LOL! Get a 10 minute cushion and find parking before the swarm the boardwalk. Go get some coffee and watch the madness.
Forsure ray i hear you man. Im not sticking around i was trying to help with parking. As i said earlier in the thread this is the worst day and time to be in the worst spot in santa cruz. It will likely be every car for themselves when we get down there. Ill probably tell the i clubbers that go we should hit up somewhere else after we get in to santa cruz for food. Better spots than beach street.

As soon as you bought your subaru in 02 you were classified and dubbed as part of the subaru hooligan clan.
We are all guilty by association
Old 07-03-2014, 10:48 AM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan

Forsure ray i hear you man. Im not sticking around i was trying to help with parking. As i said earlier in the thread this is the worst day and time to be in the worst spot in santa cruz. It will likely be every car for themselves when we get down there. Ill probably tell the i clubbers that go we should hit up somewhere else after we get in to santa cruz for food. Better spots than beach street.

As soon as you bought your subaru in 02 you were classified and dubbed as part of the subaru hooligan clan.
We are all guilty by association
I lived on the westside of sc for 5 years and I went to the boardwalk like twice cuz that area sucks in the summer
Old 07-03-2014, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by slugrx

I lived on the westside of sc for 5 years and I went to the boardwalk like twice cuz that area sucks in the summer
Ive lived here all my life but fortunate to live on the east side now in a quieter neighborbood. Couldnt imagine trying to drive around the west side to get home during summer.
Old 07-03-2014, 04:41 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan

Ive lived here all my life but fortunate to live on the east side now in a quieter neighborbood. Couldnt imagine trying to drive around the west side to get home during summer.
Yeah either I left sc Friday night and stayed in the bay area at my parents or brothers till Sunday night or I just stocked up and stayed home haha
Old 07-03-2014, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by slugrx

Yeah either I left sc Friday night and stayed in the bay area at my parents or brothers till Sunday night or I just stocked up and stayed home haha
Its not so bad when you end up riding your bike somewhere.

Update: new post by me with new proposed parking.

Last edited by Scoobywax; 07-03-2014 at 05:09 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:01 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX wagon
True....although I wonder how many folks will actually show.

Marina Airport is a good spot. I have attended some auto x meets there in my Porsche....but i guess thats not Santa Cruz.

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
They're usually pretty cool about this stuff but it's better with say... 50 cars. LOL!

I'd be down to talk to them and do something. I love that place. We had a couple i-club members that used to work there. Speaking of which... I owe one of them a text. LOL!
Old 07-03-2014, 06:54 PM

True....although I wonder how many folks will actually show.

Marina Airport is a good spot. I have attended some auto x meets there in my Porsche....but i guess thats not Santa Cruz.
A good amount of people will show forsure. This drive has so much hype right now on the facebook page. Theres a lot of places to park just spread out.
Yea i dont think the organizer wants to change the plans that much to 40 minutes away in marina lol.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:07 PM

Car Info: subaru
we are down to meet the san jose group.. what time are they leaving?
Old 07-05-2014, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by bmxhotsauce
we are down to meet the san jose group.. what time are they leaving?
Click the facebook link earlier in this thread and all the info is on there.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:03 AM

Car Info: subaru

Click the facebook link earlier in this thread and all the info is on there.
Ok thank you see you guys at in n out

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Subaru Only To Santa Cruz