New Danville meet, read for details!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 11:38 PM

Car Info: 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i
Originally Posted by jblanco325
THIS!!! i work in san ramon and pass through danville everyday! i would love to meet everyone!

heedz: where are other meets in the area? -im new to the concord area, sorry.
there is a concord meet on tuesdays and a lot of people from the area go to the fremont meet on wednesdays
Old 02-07-2014, 08:18 AM

Update: we are now planning to in the parking lot in front of McDonalds in Blackhawk. There's a large open section of the parking lot that will make for a good spot. See you then!
Old 02-07-2014, 08:37 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
since it's raining tonight, are you gonna go in mcD's?
Old 02-07-2014, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Rescuer
since it's raining tonight, are you gonna go in mcD's?
it's on the 21st (3rd Friday of the month)
Old 02-07-2014, 10:15 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by gabefriedman
it's on the 21st (3rd Friday of the month)
i was craving $5 20 piece
Old 02-07-2014, 10:24 AM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Originally Posted by Heedz
so why another meet?
Cause not everyone lives in Fremont or San Jose or has 2 hours in the evening to drive to/from meets in the middle of the week.

I am all for a Danville meet if organized properly; it would be only be 1/4 of the travel time for me

Last edited by LxJLthr; 02-07-2014 at 10:40 AM.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:48 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by LxJLthr
Cause not everyone lives in Fremont or San Jose or has 2 hours in the evening to drive to/from meets in the middle of the week. I am all for a Danville meet if organized properly; it would be only be 1/4 of the travel time for me
i drive out from half moon bay everywhere. Stop the complaining.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:30 PM

i drive out from half moon bay everywhere. Stop the complaining.
Damn youngings whipper snappers....something something 60 hour/weel full time job, personal life, other hobbies and family responcibilities something something
Old 02-07-2014, 12:31 PM
White Lightning

Car Info: Built, 6-Speed, E85, #pluskey 06 Wagon
Starting a new meet is pointless. You should come out to current ones (shamrock, vajayjay) and get to know the community first. Just my .02
Old 02-07-2014, 12:44 PM
VIP Member

i kinda agree a little. it's a new member starting a meet that is so close to the current Dublin meet. might as well come to the dublin meet on monday!
Old 02-07-2014, 01:08 PM

i kinda agree a little. it's a new member starting a meet that is so close to the current Dublin meet. might as well come to the dublin meet on monday!
yeah the problem is it's just tough to go to weekday meets because of school and work so I'm trying to start something on the weekend because I'm sure it's a problem for others too
Old 02-07-2014, 01:49 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by LxJLthr
Damn youngings whipper snappers....something something 60 hour/weel full time job, personal life, other hobbies and family responcibilities something something
Hmmmm internship out In Stockton living part time at vatos. Seems like I'm everywhere and busy.
Originally Posted by kamnewton
Starting a new meet is pointless. You should come out to current ones (shamrock, vajayjay) and get to know the community first. Just my .02
Exactly my point. Just like the Tuesday meat meet.

yeah the problem is it's just tough to go to weekday meets because of school and work so I'm trying to start something on the weekend because I'm sure it's a problem for others too
Not really. Seems like everyone doesn't have an issue with Wednesday to break up the week. School and work? I seemed to somehow make otter still on a minimum 1hr each way commute and 12 hr shifts and having a one day actual pay job and making it to weekly training at the fire house.

I'm being a bit harsh but seriously. There's close enough meets during the week.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:02 PM

Hmmmm internship out In Stockton living part time at vatos. Seems like I'm everywhere and busy. Exactly my point. Just like the Tuesday meat meet. Not really. Seems like everyone doesn't have an issue with Wednesday to break up the week. School and work? I seemed to somehow make otter still on a minimum 1hr each way commute and 12 hr shifts and having a one day actual pay job and making it to weekly training at the fire house. I'm being a bit harsh but seriously. There's close enough meets during the week.
Look I'm not trying to start an argument about who does what here, all I'm doing is inviting you guys to this meet me and my friend are trying to start. You don't have to come but your all welcome.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:40 PM
White Lightning

Car Info: Built, 6-Speed, E85, #pluskey 06 Wagon
Look I'm not trying to start an argument about who does what here, all I'm doing is inviting you guys to this meet me and my friend are trying to start. You don't have to come but your all welcome.
Not trying to argue, you can do your meet, nobody can stop you. But in the long run it is easier to attend the existing ones. We had a prime example of this not too long ago (Tuesday meat meet)
Old 02-07-2014, 02:52 PM

Hmmmm internship out In Stockton living part time at vatos. Seems like I'm everywhere and busy.
That's excellent. Welcome to the real world homie. Whatcha want a cookie? Talk to me when you pull your first 72 hour period without any sleep cause you actually had that much stuff to get through...instead of complaining you only had a 12 hour day To me personally, another meet (Tuesday Concord one is the first) that isn't stupid long drive away is very appealing to me.

I'm being a bit harsh but seriously. There's close enough meets during the week.
That's funny. I remember when there were meets every day of the week with good turnouts in each...without anyone complaining there were too many

Quite simple really. You do not have enough e-cred here yet. If Heedz decided to propose an idea for a meet or event, it would be a whole different conversaiton.

Last edited by LxJLthr; 02-07-2014 at 02:57 PM.

Quick Reply: New Danville meet, read for details!!