Giant monthly meets?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 01:51 AM

Car Info: 2010 997.2 GT3
Giant monthly meets?

Okay, I typically don't post, and it's late for me so if this sounds dumb just ignore it.
Well I usually don't go to meets first of all mainly because there aren't any that are convenient. So I was thinking why don't we have like a once a month meet like the last friday of every month, meet up at a big lot, and have all of us bay kids meet up for a big turn up? Yes I realize some of us are lazy and etc. But I think it would be really cool to all join together for one night out of the month.
Well I get this idea from my friends because they all drive BMWs and go to their GIANT *** meets in tanforan once a month, and the turn out is crazy, and then I go to a few of our meets here and there and there is like 5 of us in a small lot.
Eh, maybe I am asking for too much but hey, it's a thought, and it is only once a month.

Thoughts?
Old 11-03-2010, 02:59 AM

Car Info: 03 wrx
I think it'd be cool. When are these big *** bmw meets at tanforan? I've never ever seen them around, esp since they do it so often, once a month like you said?
Old 11-03-2010, 03:16 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
im down
Old 11-03-2010, 10:42 AM

Car Info: Subaru WRX 2003 Yellow
Sounds like a great idea. Where would you wanna meet though? Serramonte has a pretty big lot. We could use the lot over by the shut down Mervin's or we could do it on the side where the Denny's is located.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:52 AM

Car Info: STi 2008
This sounds like a great Idea. Friday is probably a good night. Post more about this meet. I would love to go
Old 11-03-2010, 12:02 PM

Car Info: 06 WRX LTD 4eat
this would be a good spring/summer idea. not so much on the winter. though the subaru crowd is one a few that will stand in the rain for a meet lol.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by steeze
I think it'd be cool. When are these big *** bmw meets at tanforan? I've never ever seen them around, esp since they do it so often, once a month like you said?
These meets are on the last friday of every month too. Starts at like 9. Right by the Starbucks, It is a baye30 meet, but all the other BMW clubs just meet up with them. One time I saw 9 brand new GTRs there, and a CLK Black Series. But now I think they go twice a month. Funny enough a small Evo group meets up in the lot across the way.

Back on topic, I know of a few big lots, like serramonte which was previously posted, there is tanforan, bridgepointe. Well I guess for the winter we can find a nice BIG garage if you want to avoid the rain. Any suggestions?
Old 11-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
the serramonte lot we may get kicked out of the renta cops always circle around. imo
Old 11-03-2010, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Heedz
the serramonte lot we may get kicked out of the renta cops always circle around. imo
I suppose but some of the big meets I have gone to, the security just drives by and cops have driven through and we just waved. Well this is all at tanforan but I am sure it should be fine at serramonte? We can do the best buy in San Carlos right off 101 or even the big lot in front of the Ross?
Old 11-03-2010, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Imprezard
I suppose but some of the big meets I have gone to, the security just drives by and cops have driven through and we just waved. Well this is all at tanforan but I am sure it should be fine at serramonte? We can do the best buy in San Carlos right off 101 or even the big lot in front of the Ross?
True and there's Wing Stop down there If we need a garage the one in Daly City next to the Kome has free parking! We can see if the guys in the San Carlos meet would be down too.

Last edited by Chef WRX; 11-03-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Chef WRX
True and there's Wing Stop down there If we need a garage the one in Daly City next to the Kome has free parking! We can see if the guys in the San Carlos meet would be down too.
You do have a very good point. Oh is that garage the huge one by the theaters?
Yeah I think that would be great but I think we need to outsource to all of the sub norcal meets I mean like as many as possible. So Daly city, San carlos, vallejo, fremont, san jose and etc all in this big once a month meet. I think if we could pull this off it would be awesome. Not to mention you can caravan with your local meet or friends to and from.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:36 AM

Yep, that's the garage I was talking about. It is true that it would be pretty crazy to able to pull this off. I'd say we would have to start a new thread and call it the Monthly Bay Area Subymob gathering or something of that nature so that we can try to get them all on board. We would have to figure out the location and time first of all. I know it'll start off small at first but I think in the long run we should be able to gather a lot of them together for this just once a month.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:23 AM

Car Info: 02 Wagon Hybrid GST Tuned 303hp/299tq
I think this would be a good idea. Someone come up with a place and time. I haven't been to any bay area meets since I moved up from southern cali, and I'm starting to miss it.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:29 AM

Car Info: San Remo Red '05 WRX
I might have to come from Sac for this...
Old 11-04-2010, 12:47 PM

Yeah, I'll make a new thread as soon as we get a time and place. We need a catchy name haha.
As for time I think 8 or 9 is a good time?
So far what we considered so far...
Bridgepointe
Serramonte
Tanforan
I think Stonestown could work

The lot at the San Carlos wingstop will be busy and it isn't that big.

Anyone have any preferences? I like Bridgepointe, Tanforan or Serramonte.

Quick Reply: Giant monthly meets?