Attached Thumbnails BAM XIV: NBAIC Caravan-1408755836989.jpg  
Old 08-22-2014, 06:11 PM

Car Info: STI 2011
Originally Posted by byronoku
Same here I think?
Yup same little webber
Old 08-22-2014, 07:15 PM

Car Info: 06 WRB Wagon #wackfitmentsteex
Sooo I'll need to pick up more charcoal then..
Are we missing anything?
Old 08-22-2014, 07:23 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
i have charcoal, i dont use it anymore
Old 08-22-2014, 07:24 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
let me see if i can find it
Old 08-22-2014, 07:31 PM

That would be extremely helpful.
Who else is planning a thorough last minute car wash tomorrow?
Old 08-23-2014, 01:40 AM

IMPORTANT change of plans. We will be leaving earlier than originally planned. Meet time is now 7AM!
OP edited to reflect the change in time.

Last edited by subysteez; 08-23-2014 at 10:51 AM.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:22 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by Roo
Drive two hours each way so the South Bay guys don't have to drive more than 10 miles to get there, sit in a mile-long + cluster of cars entering the park to watch the same people (every year) enter the car show, have the same winners year in and year out. Have stupid chicken brag about how he got one over on us by not paying, because he thinks everything should be free.
Other than providing food trucks rather than cooking (not enough) food (because over half the people don't pay in advance), what's new and different? I think I'll stay home, have a couple of beers and BBQ/smoke some ribs and tri-tip and call it a day.
Have fun, hope it's another successful year for you folks...

...just nothing particularly worth going down to see.
Considering you haven't shown up since the year you unsuccessfully catered the event in Alameda, where the first batch of tritip was destroyed and the wait for food was very, very long, (I didnt get a shirt i paid for), you don't have much to stand on really because you haven't see what the meet was like the last 3 years now.

Let me fill you in:

The very next year back at Mt Hamilton we had cars parked in the grass due to a lack of parking. The food truck thing did not work out at all, they bailed on us. We salvaged it with BBQ and a dog vendor. People were happy. But we knew we out grew the place.

Last year we had 280ish prepays, which according to Daniel was the most ever. We had a blast at Quarry Lakes, donated more than $6000 to charity. Everyone was fed, but it was hard to cook fast enough.

This year we had to do it in 3.5 weeks. We had 366 prepays, food line was moving super fast, we nearly filled the lot with cars, we gave show awards to mostly different people, who yet still deserved them.

But you can stay in Sebastopol for we all care. Seems to me everyone is having a blast lately, if greater and greater attendance and smiles are any indication.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:06 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
considering you haven't shown up since the year you unsuccessfully catered the event in alameda, where the first batch of tritip was destroyed and the wait for food was very, very long, (i didnt get a shirt i paid for), you don't have much to stand on really because you haven't see what the meet was like the last 3 years now.

Let me fill you in:

The very next year back at mt hamilton we had cars parked in the grass due to a lack of parking. The food truck thing did not work out at all, they bailed on us. We salvaged it with bbq and a dog vendor. People were happy. But we knew we out grew the place.

Last year we had 280ish prepays, which according to daniel was the most ever. We had a blast at quarry lakes, donated more than $6000 to charity. Everyone was fed, but it was hard to cook fast enough.

This year we had to do it in 3.5 weeks. We had 366 prepays, food line was moving super fast, we nearly filled the lot with cars, we gave show awards to mostly different people, who yet still deserved them.

But you can stay in sebastopol for we all care. Seems to me everyone is having a blast lately, if greater and greater attendance and smiles are any indication.
qft!
Old 08-25-2014, 09:36 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Same car show winners? How about more people who definitely have a chance should enter? Guess what this year the hardest decision was the forester category!

So if you wanna call out same car show winners name one person who's won it two years in a row? Apetron? Have you ever seen his car and how it developed over the years? It changes drastically that it's a changing beast every BAM.

OH AND GUESS WHAT I DID ALSO? What category? Legacy..... Both years we had the most legacy turn outs. Only because I was in the community so much I convinced plenty of them to enter giving a wider range of votes. So.... It was no where near a win by default.

Novato was a joke.... I paid $5 to enter in 2010. Took a friend home to SF because he accidentally brought his dog without knowing. Came back and paid $20 cash to re enter the park what a rip off. That has never happened in the last 3 years. No price jumps.

The drive? Sorry Greg but this is a Bay Area meet for BAIC not nbaic. I think the meet SHOULD BE and WILL BE in this area. If you wanna complain about a 2 hour drive. Just stay home. We have enough people that are doing well over 3 hour drives just to hang out and say hi.

I'll add more later.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:58 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally Posted by Heedz
I'll add more later.
Probably not necessary since I'm sure he gets the picture thanks to your & Gagan's posts.

More importantly, the North Bay peeps (his neighbors, essentially) know how great the vibe is at BAM no matter its geographic location, which truly gets stoked during their caravan.

Just like with everyone else who drives out for this annual meet, whether it's a 10-minute trip or a 2-hour cruise, it's about wide smiles & good times from beginning to end.

But who am I to talk, considering I happily made only 2 separate trips this week from "nearby" Vallejo to BAM's general vicinity for BAM-related organization.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:24 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by boardoholic
Probably not necessary since I'm sure he gets the picture thanks to your & Gagan's posts. More importantly, the North Bay peeps (his neighbors, essentially) know how great the vibe is at BAM no matter its geographic location, which truly gets stoked during their caravan. Just like with everyone else who drives out for this annual meet, whether it's a 10-minute trip or a 2-hour cruise, it's about wide smiles & good times from beginning to end. But who am I to talk, considering I happily made only 2 separate trips this week from "nearby" Vallejo to BAM's general vicinity for BAM-related organization.
And me going from half moon bay to San Jose to tri valley Brentwood to Stockton to vajayjay and back to Brentwood lol.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:48 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Just like I'm snooping around all the other caravan threads, I'm still lurking to see if vids or pix show up here rather than the main BAM14 Pix & Vids threads.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:12 PM

It's kind of a north bay thing to be highly critical, yet completely uninvolved.
as much as I hate to say it, the subaru scene up here is a joke. the amount of time I spend trying to get decent turnouts to the meets is becoming tiresome. If It's not convenient, It's not worth doing. That's how communities work right?

Don't take it personally guys. The few of us who showed had ****ing blast, and are grateful for the massive effort that made bam possible.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:57 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
i like the north bay people i drive my *** all the way up there from dublin!

when is the next north bay bbq?

Quick Reply: BAM XIV: NBAIC Caravan