*NEW* weekly San Jose, Thursday Night meet!! Hamilton/Meridian Safeway

Old 10-21-2014, 02:29 PM

Car Info: car
Originally Posted by norcalbro
Don't feed the troll.
Just keep in mind he totalled his first subie with "snap oversteer" aka lift oversteer. And just blew a motor on his second because race gas and fmic plus no tune...
Old 10-21-2014, 03:21 PM

Car Info: 2001 Acura TL - 2016.5 Mazda CX-5
Originally Posted by Prettym1k3
You rannnnnnngg?

Yeah, man. Sodium lights are the death of me. Luckily a lot of places are upgrading to LED, which is awesome. But sodium lights add an orange hue that is almost not correctable in post processing. Really annoying.

I may try to show up this Thursday just to say hi. What time again?
People were there from about 7 to 10pm last week.
Old 10-21-2014, 03:42 PM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza RS, 2005 Impreza RS-20K
You rannnnnnngg?

Yeah, man. Sodium lights are the death of me. Luckily a lot of places are upgrading to LED, which is awesome. But sodium lights add an orange hue that is almost not correctable in post processing. Really annoying.

+1 on the lighting. Ive been seeing a lot of cities start to go with the brighter white lights. Santa cruz is perfect for some midnight shots IMO. The lighting in downtown at night is just. ....amazing
Old 10-21-2014, 03:48 PM

Car Info: 99 Swap'd GM6
Originally Posted by 02RS25
+1 on the lighting. Ive been seeing a lot of cities start to go with the brighter white lights. Santa cruz is perfect for some midnight shots IMO. The lighting in downtown at night is just. ....amazing
Interesting... Hmm....
Old 10-21-2014, 04:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2010 swp WRX hatch
Yeah. San Jose and area have traditionally had orange or red street lights to prevent any glare up in the sky so that the Mt Hamilton observatory has a clear view. Apparently the led streetlights don't reflect like the old ones so they are ok...

More leds please!
Old 10-21-2014, 05:10 PM

Car Info: 2015 Red Subaru STI
Originally Posted by norcalbro
Yeah. San Jose and area have traditionally had orange or red street lights to prevent any glare up in the sky so that the Mt Hamilton observatory has a clear view. Apparently the led streetlights don't reflect like the old ones so they are ok... More leds please!
Lived in lake tekapo, New Zealand for a few months. They have one of the best dark sky preserves in the world and utilize LEDs that are extremely bright for their size yet cause next to zero light pollution when you look at the tiny town from afar...but residents had to curtain their windows at sunset for the sky reserve. What pretty amazing at night. On full moons it would reflect off the lake so brightly you could see snow cap mountains for miles.

...waiting for the "cool story bro" but wanted to share anyway hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using i-Club
Old 10-21-2014, 10:26 PM

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX HATCHBACK
You rannnnnnngg?

yeee i wanna see that RS!

yeah those lights suck.. there is some good lights over by the rite-aid but it packed over there.. i think there is better lighting over by the PHO place and starbucks.. maybe we could go over there for some pics..?
Old 10-21-2014, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Subie2015
Lived in lake tekapo, New Zealand for a few months. They have one of the best dark sky preserves in the world and utilize LEDs that are extremely bright for their size yet cause next to zero light pollution when you look at the tiny town from afar...but residents had to curtain their windows at sunset for the sky reserve. What pretty amazing at night. On full moons it would reflect off the lake so brightly you could see snow cap mountains for miles.

...waiting for the "cool story bro" but wanted to share anyway hahahaha

Actually, I'll give you a "Cool story bro" but I'll actually mean it. That's pretty insane and awesome!
Old 10-21-2014, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by ncrmtrsprtsOBS
yeee i wanna see that RS!

yeah those lights suck.. there is some good lights over by the rite-aid but it packed over there.. i think there is better lighting over by the PHO place and starbucks.. maybe we could go over there for some pics..?
Possibly! I'll see what I can do. Hard to escape these days, and I have a photo session that night at 5:15 that will go until at least 6:30.

On a side note, I've become picky about shooting cars in bad locations these days. Like in front of super markets. Haha
Old 10-22-2014, 08:27 AM

Car Info: 2015 Red Subaru STI
See ya'll there tomorrow! Lookin forward to seein some new faces

Old 10-22-2014, 08:37 PM

Car Info: 2001 Subaru Forester
You rannnnnnngg?

I drive home and pass this place every time. Definitely could use some better lighting. Don't really mind it though, as long as I get to hang out with some good folks.
Ima just throw this out there. Hamilton Plaza has some good lighting and it's right off the 17. Only place to eat in the plaza is Unamas, Yogurtland and Wholefoods, but there the Pruneyard, and a couple other place a few mins away. Maybe something y'all might also consider.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:45 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX
Originally Posted by zamorajoel
I drive home and pass this place every time. Definitely could use some better lighting. Don't really mind it though, as long as I get to hang out with some good folks.
Ima just throw this out there. Hamilton Plaza has some good lighting and it's right off the 17. Only place to eat in the plaza is Unamas, Yogurtland and Wholefoods, but there the Pruneyard, and a couple other place a few mins away. Maybe something y'all might also consider.
I swung by last time after work (1030pm) and everybody was gone lol.. Anyway, I have to agree that lighting at the safeway location is very poor indeed. There's a more spacious, well-lit plaza just down Meridian (on the corner of meridian and hillsdale) in-case anyone might be interested in a different location that's still near by.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:58 PM

Car Info: 04 wrx
See you guys tomorrow!!
Old 10-22-2014, 10:19 PM

Car Info: 2001 Subaru Forester
I'll swing by after work for an hour. See you all there.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:36 AM

Car Info: 2013 WRX
New to this site but have always been curious about meets.

I live in Santa Clara so I think this is the closest meet for me. I teach in SJ so it shouldn't be too bad to get there.

Any tips for a first timer? Car is filthy form the rain and filled with tools right now...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *NEW* weekly San Jose, Thursday Night meet!! Hamilton/Meridian Safeway