Latest i-Club Reviews, Features, and Articles Features, product reviews, tech, and news
View Poll Results: Would you like @i-club.com e-mail address and .i-club.com webspace
Great idea!
84.03%
Horrible idea, you sneaky russian!
15.97%
Voters: 983. You may not vote on this poll

i-Club.com Hosting Services

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 12:29 PM

Car Info: '02 2.5 RS
I think it is a great idea. I would cerianly be willing to pay a reaonable amount as long as there was a decent amount of space, it was open enough so I could host a webpage and any vids or pics I wanted, and most importantly, that I could post my pics on other sites and forums. That is something that bugs me the most. The majority of the previous web hosts I have used would not allow me to post my pics anywhere and would give me a red x instead of a pic on the forums I vist. As long as I was not restricted like this then I would buy it.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:43 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
I'm only interested in username <at> i-Club.com address. My online service already provides me with what little space I require. I'm sure that it would be a different story if I needed to host vids and the increased demands on bandwidth that would require. For the i-Club.com e-mail address, I'd prefer message forwarding to my existing e-mail address.

I would pay $8 per year for an e-mail forwarding service although I would probably be willing to make a donation for a larger amount to help defray costs to i-Club.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 06-06-2004, 08:58 AM

Car Info: 2004 San Remo Red WRX w/ Premimu package, Security package, and Short Throw shifter
Sounds good - especially the hosting.
I would think 10 bucks
Old 06-25-2004, 01:39 AM

Car Info: X-Wing: ECU Tuner
Horrible idea, I should have thought of it first.
Old 07-03-2004, 05:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
uhm a monthly fee? or is a one time pay thingy? and when would this happen
Old 07-06-2004, 04:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: WRB WRX 2003 Subaru Sedan
ya i think that a pretty good idea alex.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:41 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX wagon
Thanks, but no thanks. I have several id's already, two ISP's and a wife who also uses her id for professional purposes. I have a list of p/w's as long as an arm (I'm 6'.0" with long arms) and actively considering ways to simplify my life. Keep the site, though, and the great new look.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:17 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Giant Bowery '84
its a great idea even though I have tons of email address. hotmail, yahoo, gmail, and such.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:13 AM

Car Info: 02 Turbo Jetta,EVO
ok, so was this ever done??
If so .. how much and where do i sign?..lol
Old 11-17-2004, 01:10 PM

Car Info: MY04 WRX
Originally Posted by chronosilence
Alex,

just a friendly warning: managing webspace and email for a bunch of people can be very demanding, as you are entering the IS industry. At this point, you have a site that basically runs a content management system and looks pretty fly and is fast and easy to maintain.

Adding individual webspace requires granting user access and makes your site more vulnerable to attacks. It increases bandwidth demands. It produces thousands of emails from customers who want to know how to their one thing...

I say you should start with an email forwarding service. Just relay people's emails to their other addresses. Everyone gets their @i-club.com with almost zero overhead. You can even run spamassassin and tag their spam for them. It's so simple you can make it free.
i think its a grate idea but i think i like the forwarding idea best. this way no one has to change Email and can just get there I-Club stuff end to there normal Email so poeple with email address that let u know when u got a new email will till work. i use yahoo for my email and have my IE toolbar and Mesager to let me know when i got an email. this is something i realy don;t want to give up but i realy want an I-Club email address. this way we can have the best of both worlds
Old 01-24-2005, 11:12 PM

Car Info: 01 Impreza 2.5 RS/04 FXT
Good Evening!!!
Old 01-26-2005, 11:39 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
It'd be cool. But I'm only willing to pay ~$4.00/month for it. I get free e-mail addys anywhere I want practically, don't need to pay for one...just for site space...

Quick Reply: i-Club.com Hosting Services