Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

The quest for better interior lighting revisited (inst. for Direct Replacement LEDs)

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 10:59 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX (RIP) // 2007 STi "OMGASTI"
i searched "fastwrx" and didnt find anything in this thread so here it goes:

has anyone tried the LED lighting replacement from the fastwrx.com? heres the link
Old 01-26-2009, 01:24 AM

Car Info: WRX wagon 2006
I purchased those LEDs from http://www.leddomelight.com/.

Great look to my interior. I get lots of comments from them. Very expensive mod for "just" interior lights thou..but then again this is The most expensive hobby!
Old 02-03-2009, 10:39 PM

just got my interior dome lights (both of them) and the trunk light swapped with the LEDs from fastwrx.com and theyre awesome! easy install, brilliant lighting. Only problem is i guess they didnt have them in stock so it took awhile to get to my house. Cant wait to drive with um around town (like getting in and out lol )
Old 02-04-2009, 03:38 PM

Car Info: WRX wagon 2006
Originally Posted by Dans Rex
just got my interior dome lights (both of them) and the trunk light swapped with the LEDs from fastwrx.com and theyre awesome! easy install, brilliant lighting. Only problem is i guess they didnt have them in stock so it took awhile to get to my house. Cant wait to drive with um around town (like getting in and out lol )
Glad you like them! I know I was stoked for weeks. I still get comments from friends who hop in. So did you go all out like I did?(domelight, maplight, trunk light, license plate light) post some pics in your garage..I wanna see! check my garage pics..you'll see how mine look
Old 02-04-2009, 04:04 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
i love this thread still
Old 02-08-2009, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by soobedup
Glad you like them! I know I was stoked for weeks. I still get comments from friends who hop in. So did you go all out like I did?(domelight, maplight, trunk light, license plate light) post some pics in your garage..I wanna see! check my garage pics..you'll see how mine look
i got the two dome lights (the one big one between back seats and front seats when u open the car, and the two small ones touching between driver and passenger) then i got the trunk one because i go to jackson, ca a lot and when i get there its usually like 2am and pitch black because i love driving late night so those will be useful.

Im not sure if i want the license plate one, it looks like they dont sell it anymore; maybe i missed it. But maybe, it might look pretty cool with my HIDs in the front and LED in rear haha

I will take and post pics when it stops raining at night definitly! I still LOVE clicking my doors unlocked and that blueish led light LIGHTS UP my wrx! Its awesome! Especially being in the car and lighting up all the lights makes it look like day time.

Off topic; it might also come in handy, say, if i get pulled over and i have extreme tinted rear doors (cuz i do); courtesy to the officer and i can flick that light on and light up the entire car
Old 03-16-2009, 12:31 AM

Car Info: 2006 sti
changed my HVAC to red.talk about a pain.since im a 06 the hvac is way different and the LED's are small as hell. and i think i have mastered the IC sprayer button.i just bought a bunch of switches and ill be able to do them in red or blue.
for the cig lite i used a #74 from superbrightleds.com and since the socket was a little off i did a hard connection using a custom LED
Attached Thumbnails The quest for better interior lighting revisited (inst. for Direct Replacement LEDs)-dash2.jpg  

Last edited by nation; 03-16-2009 at 12:41 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:45 AM

Car Info: Scion tc r.s 2.0
Havent bought my sti yet but i did want to share some lighting sites we use in the scion community. For a cool look for your engine bay check out killerglass.com for glass radiator hoses. A great lighting web site is Oznium.com great products, prices andd the best customer service. I hope these sites help out with lighting needs. Let me know what you guys think.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:20 PM

Car Info: AW '04 WRX Wagon w/JDM STi drivetrain swap
Originally Posted by Dans Rex
i searched "fastwrx" and didnt find anything in this thread so here it goes:

has anyone tried the LED lighting replacement from the fastwrx.com? heres the link
I'm considering these, but for the money, I'd like to see pics up close of everything you get - connectors, the actual light panel, etc. Do you have any close-up pics of the actual product to share? I am a big proponent of LEDs, especially since I bought these @ Sam's Club. They use the Luxeon LEDs from LumiLed. Now, if anyone knows the manufacturer of the assemblies from fastwrx.com, I'd like to know if they are planning to use (or already are using) the latest LEDs from the Luxeon line - the Rebel. That's what's used in the lights from Element (@ Sam's) and when I unscrewed the cap & used the light without the reflector, it puts out an INCREDIBLE amount of light for one small white LED. I'd just as soon build my own LED replacement assemblies for the price/performance gain!

Wait, I've got an idea... I'll post up when I get the parts in & if I can make it work...

Any pics and info in the meantime would be appreciated.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:53 PM

Car Info: $2000 hawkeye
What kind of LEds should I use for 05 HVAC panel?
Old 01-15-2011, 09:34 PM

Car Info: TXS tbe, perrin goodies, v7 sti struts...bla bla bla lots of stuff!
Arrow

Originally Posted by 1JavaBlk_in_Sac
SMT leds... unsolder the old ones and then solder the new ones on...

I believe lightwerkz does this service for like 25 bucks so it's cheap and the leds they use are bright as hell...

-Nigel
Old 01-15-2011, 10:49 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by 1JavaBlk_in_Sac
If they are the same as 02/03, the LEDs i got were plug-n-play

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
changed the hvac from stock green to blue

Old 02-19-2011, 01:19 AM

Car Info: 2006 CGM Impreza WRX/ 1998 RBP Impreza 2.5RS
I just de-condom'd all of my bulbs and will be doing everything in red. Might even go to the extent as to sending in my door switches, and head unit in to have them all red as well.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:05 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
How much is that, did they quote you yet?
Old 02-19-2011, 03:27 PM

Car Info: 2006 CGM Impreza WRX/ 1998 RBP Impreza 2.5RS
Nah not yet. But for all of my LED's that I'm planning on replacing in my 06 is a lot of money.

I'm looking at around 41 bucks for 15 T1.5 bulbs

Quick Reply: The quest for better interior lighting revisited (inst. for Direct Replacement LEDs)