Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

Help with 03 wrx Headlights, turn on but light scatters/doesn't project

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 10:24 AM

Car Info: Subaru WRX wagon 2003
Help with 03 wrx Headlights, turn on but light scatters/doesn't project

Recently had some front end damaged and ended up buying a jdm front end with lights included. The lights currently all turn on and work, but the headlights don't seem to have any focus. When I shine them on a wall the light just kind goes everywhere, and driving at night they don't seem to project on the road. It almost looks like my lights aren't on even though they are. They are jdm lights with halogin bulbs. The housing says they need H4 bulbs, but the connection is for 9007. I tried adjusting the aiming slightly but it didn't seem like it was helping. I can take pics tonight if that would clarify things.. any help would be appreciated here. If they end up not being usable I am considering these: 02-03 Subaru Impreza WRX / Outback Crystal Replacement Headlights - Black any thoughts on quality of those? Thanks in advance
Old 09-23-2016, 05:41 PM

Car Info: 0[[XXXXoXXXX]]0
I just bought a pair of those lights at the link, but used thru nabisco from a local guy; he ran them and only issue was some fogging when washed. They are DEPO, a fairly well known and generally a quality brand.

I also have a near mint set of OEM bugeye lights that I was holding on to, may have them for sale if the PTL units work out. Plus some 15 yr old OEMs that are on there now, lol.