Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

Bright Lights in the Rear for Tailgaters..

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 12:56 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Bright Lights in the Rear for Tailgaters..

Is there a way to get some REALLY BRIGHT lights in the rear and hook them up to a switch so that when people are tailgating I can turn them on and blind them for a quick second so they would get off my ***...

I want the lights to be consealed so no one can see i have them...i.e. in the reverse light holes or behind my rear windshield.
-Zoeb
Old 01-14-2003, 04:08 PM

Car Info: RIP: 2000 2.5RS Sedan, BRP Now: 08 WRB WRX Hatch
you could carry a spotlight, turn back for a sec to shine it back at their face, then continue driving.. or stick a light under your bumper like i see trucks and suvs do hahaha. they might run into you stunned though if you shine a bright light to their face

Daios (Day-ohhss)
Old 01-14-2003, 04:34 PM

I don't know how legal that is, could possibly get pulled over for them. You could integrate them into your tail lights possibly with some clear lenses.
Old 01-14-2003, 10:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '03 WRX Sedan
they sell the license plate kits where there are like 4-10 REALLY BRIGHT lights (i dunno if they're fogs or what size they are) that just point towards the driver behind and blind them.
Old 01-15-2003, 10:07 AM
I <3 White Girls

i want to have it so no one knows its there though..as for the legality..Im pretty sure its illegal...but so is front tinted windows, no front lisense plate, modified exhaust, and blastin 3 12's at 4:00 in the morning in a residential area ...Im not to concerning with the law..I just want to kno if its possible...w/o them being seen...also if i put really bright lights in the reverse light housing will it melt it from the heat??

-Zoeb
Old 01-15-2003, 02:10 PM
I <3 White Girls

haha..if i had a couple of grand to spend on my car it sure as hel would not be on some lights...although that would be cool to have though..
-Zoeb
Old 01-20-2003, 04:37 PM

Car Info: 02' WRX
I saw a guy that had red led's lining the bottom of his rear window, with a banner over it. So when he pressed the button they lit up and it said "GET OF MY ***!". The LED's were bright enough so that it was easily seen in the day.
Old 01-20-2003, 06:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '03 WRX Sedan
Originally posted by 02BlackWRX
i want to have it so no one knows its there though..as for the legality..Im pretty sure its illegal...but so is front tinted windows, no front lisense plate, modified exhaust, and blastin 3 12's at 4:00 in the morning in a residential area ...Im not to concerning with the law..I just want to kno if its possible...w/o them being seen...also if i put really bright lights in the reverse light housing will it melt it from the heat??

-Zoeb
That's just what I was saying. The flip kits so they're behind your license plate and no one will ever know till you flip the switch so the plate flips down to reveal the lights.
Old 01-20-2003, 06:21 PM
I <3 White Girls

Originally posted by Br1t1shguy
I saw a guy that had red led's lining the bottom of his rear window, with a banner over it. So when he pressed the button they lit up and it said "GET OF MY ***!". The LED's were bright enough so that it was easily seen in the day.
haha I like that idea also..
Old 01-20-2003, 06:35 PM

Car Info: silver 2.5 tr 2006MT wrx
About 2 weeks ago I was in a store looking at these fog lights that i thought about mounting on the rear deck, inside the car, facing them straight back for the same reason. they were hella 1000 about 6" in diameter. If you really want to do it, it would not be hard just follow the wiring diagram on a cheap pair of lights from like auto zone. but you would have to make some kind of housing around them to block out the acces light, so it does not reflect back off the window. because you do not want to lose sight off the ******* as he/she skids out of control into a ditch, you want to be able to remmeber that moment for every so you can laugh your *** off.
Old 01-21-2003, 09:50 AM
I <3 White Girls

LoL...I am not trying to blind them so bad that they cannot see where they are going..I just want a quick flash to they know what they are doing...I think you took this post the wrong way..I am not trying to kill or hurt anyone in the process, I just want them to back up a little..
-Zoeb

Quick Reply: Bright Lights in the Rear for Tailgaters..