Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

Anybody here want better lighting?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2003, 12:05 PM

Car Info: 2002 IMPREZA WRX WAGON
I was using HID 6000k purple kit on my factory headlamp housing. It was great but sacraify the high beam that make me hard to drive in mountain road.
I am now convert to japanese version sti projector headlamp with normal bulbs. However, when I go far from my car and look back, specially when i move to the far right, the driver side's light beam is stronger than passenger, maybe I need to tune the beam. May be it just great to put aftermarket HID kit to the low beam and it is perfect!
Old 04-26-2003, 12:16 PM

Car Info: 2002 IMPREZA WRX WAGON
Please note, when you buy KID kit, please make sure the ballast is philips which made in garmany, because it is plug N play to the factory plug for both side.

If you use some aftermarket HID kit which will use relay, Don't buy it!!! Because those kit will need only one side of the factory 9007 light plug used while left other side unused. Due to the usused side plug make the circuit open, the factory system will assume one side blub is blown and will sometimes trigger the high beam light in your dash board or when you turn on the fog light on, the high beam light will also on absolutely!!!

So, simple only use Philips ballast and bulb if you want to upgrade HIK kit. Ask if the ballast is PLUG N PLAY type or Relay Type before purchase it,OK?

Also, don't forget to unplug the Day time Running console in the engine bay. If need instruction, ask us for help.

Last edited by suprawrx; 04-26-2003 at 12:18 PM.