i-Club Announcements Discuss our latest site announcements.

I-Club Site Update

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 01:07 PM
spt

Car Info: Proj STI, Evo, JDM 180sx Time Attack, & A3
I-Club Site Update

Hello,

I have a couple of announcements but first let me introduce myself:

As most of you have heard from Alex's announcement (https://www.i-club.com/forums/announ...ouncementid=31), I-Club has now merged with our network. I wanted to take the time to introduce myself so everyone knows who I am.

My name is Ali and some of you may know me as "spt" from Evolutionm.net. I'm really excited about this merger because I have been a long time Subaru enthusiast and a long time I-Club fan. I-Club was the first community forum I ever signed up for and always enjoyed the atmosphere here. I look forwarded to becoming more active and getting to know most of you.

Now with this merger will bring some changes to the site but not too many. I feel that the basis of this site is fine the way it is but I do think some new features would be nice to add. One thing I do want to mention is, I-Club will have a new 2006 STI as its project car. We initially bought the car for our sister site (www.subytech.com), but after this merger we decided to bring the car to I-Club. We have some big plans for the STI, which will mean more article features that will include product reviews and more.

Other plans are in the works and will be announced as we are ready to launch them.

I also wanted to give everyone a heads up that the site will be going through software updates and a server move in the next week or so. Some features (VbGarage, ReviewPost, and Image Gallery) may be temporarily down during this transition. I will do my best to bring everything up as soon as possible. I will also make sure to do this durning off peak times so the downtime won't be a big impact to most of you.

Finally I want to mention that if anyone has any ideas to help make I-Club a better site then it already is, please make sure to start a thread about it in our Feedback section. This is community for all of us and as members of this community we should all try to work together to make it a great place.

Again I'm really excited to be part of I-Club and I'm hoping we can all work together to build a very strong community.

Thanks
Ali
Old 04-11-2007, 01:21 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
I am excited

and can we keep the car at my house?
Old 04-11-2007, 02:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: dangerous with a wrench
woo woo! let's make things better!
Old 04-11-2007, 02:43 PM

Car Info: '98 2.5RS
is there going to be a thorough walkthrough the projects cars mods? if so im looking foward to it. i love reading and looking at things that are done well on cars.

oh well. should change for the better.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:51 PM
spt

Originally Posted by pwargcm
is there going to be a thorough walkthrough the projects cars mods? if so im looking foward to it. i love reading and looking at things that are done well on cars.

oh well. should change for the better.
Yes of course. Everything will be documented through each stage.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
ahhh that's why iclub email announcements are sent from boostlabs now. cool!
Old 04-11-2007, 04:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
spt welcome, glad to see a new face at the helm. I think we may need to talk soon about the annual meet. As a matter of fact I am currently polling to have the name changed. I for one am a huge fan of i-club. For the longest time all of these subdivisons have gone on their own attched to a board with no real concensus of a club. I look forward to bringing all of the entities under one banner. I also look forward to club sponsored events. In the past very little if any of the profits this board make have been given back. This board relies on it's members. Member which have a passion for their cars, hobbies, and friends all of which can be seen on this board. For many this is their life.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:50 PM
spt

Originally Posted by ipozestu
spt welcome, glad to see a new face at the helm. I think we may need to talk soon about the annual meet. As a matter of fact I am currently polling to have the name changed. I for one am a huge fan of i-club. For the longest time all of these subdivisons have gone on their own attched to a board with no real concensus of a club. I look forward to bringing all of the entities under one banner. I also look forward to club sponsored events. In the past very little if any of the profits this board make have been given back. This board relies on it's members. Member which have a passion for their cars, hobbies, and friends all of which can be seen on this board. For many this is their life.

I understand. My plan is to have more events held and to start improving the site on and off line. For one I am holding a time attack event for Evo's, STI's, & GTR's (more info here: http://2007.tunershootout.com/2007.htm). Other items I'm looking to plan is a national meet. These are just some of things to look for down the road.

Right now, however, I have my plate full trying to get things reorganized with the site. Once I can get things a little more stable, I would really be interested in discussing more about organizing meets, etc.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:57 PM
VIP Member

Our annual meet is right around the corner. Daniel may have discussed some of this with you. Location is top priority, I am working on vendors, events, sponsors, ect. It won't be long unti you hear my pitch.
Late,
Jeff
Old 04-11-2007, 05:09 PM

Car Info: 06 STI WRB/Gold
Big suby meet, where?
Old 04-11-2007, 05:15 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by lovesmysuby04
Big suby meet, where?
The BAIC has put on, the quite possibly, the largest annual meet of Subarus for years. I say quite possibly because there has never been a real count provided from the other meets. We get 400+ cars and 600+ people just from the the Bay area alone. Stay tuned for details.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:51 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
The BAIC has put on, the quite possibly, the largest annual meet of Subarus for years. I say quite possibly because there has never been a real count provided from the other meets. We get 400+ cars and 600+ people just from the the Bay area alone. Stay tuned for details.
people who aren't regulars on the site have no idea what 'BAIC' is.

Last edited by Zoeb2s; 07-27-2009 at 09:23 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:20 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Zoeb2s
people who aren't regulars on the site have no idea what 'BAIC' is.
They learn quick. Now that Alex is gone maybe we can start calling ourselves i-club once again.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
They learn quick. Now that Alex is gone maybe we can start calling ourselves i-club once again.
FYI Alex isn't gone. He'll still be around (in fact, probably more than he has been the last 6 months or so :rotfl:)
Old 04-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 06 STI
Hey...my name is Charles , and I am also now a part of the Boost Labs team.

Alex will definitely be around and involved in the site, but I see absolutely no reason why we can't all come together under one roof. A major I-Club meet is a great thing that we would love to handle. Anyone with info on this and that is part of the planing can contact Ali or I.

We can also set up bi coastal meets so that the east coasters don't get left out.

Quick Reply: I-Club Site Update