Hawaii Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

WTB: 2002 WRX Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 07:03 PM

Car Info: 2014 WRB WRX 5DR
WTB: 2002 WRX Transmission

looking for a transmission for my bugeye. LMK what you have

call/text preferably text 619-865-1227
Old 10-26-2014, 04:16 PM

Car Info: Bugeye Wagon - VF39'd
Got two if you're in Hawaii. I'm not willing to ship.

Last edited by Bushflyr; 10-26-2014 at 04:59 PM.
Old 10-27-2014, 02:41 AM

Car Info: 02 wrx
How much?
Old 10-27-2014, 07:09 PM

OK, couple of inquiries so I'm going to post the particulars up here.

The first trans is out of an 02 or 03 WRX. I bought it with ~5k miles on it and a bad 5th gear. I sent it to Ryan at Vakamon (Obviously a while back) and he pulled the aft section and replaced 5th gear. He didn't crack the case. It spins freely and the shifter moves fine.

The second I bought on here with (supposedly) an RA gear set. I installed it in my car and it popped out of first so I yanked it and sent it to John at LS automotive. Come to find out it is actually a type STi gear set. Basically an RA 1,2,3, and stock 4,5 ratio. He rebuilt it with an OBX front LSD with all new internals, gears from Rallispec, and Moore performance blast plates. I was planning on using this trans for rally-x, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen now.

I HAVEN'T INSTALLED EITHER ONE OF THESE SINCE REBUILD. But they were both done by reputable shops FWIW.

$1k for the first and $2.2K for the STi. (The STi comes with a free RA first drive gear!) I knows the price is a little high, but I plan on keeping this car forever and spares are always good.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:41 PM

Car Info: FXT/ 1999 Legacy L /2007 OB/ 71 240z
Originally Posted by Bushflyr

The first trans is out of an 02 or 03 WRX. I bought it with ~5k miles on it and a bad 5th gear. I sent it to Ryan at Vakamon (Obviously a while back) and he pulled the aft section and replaced 5th gear. He didn't crack the case. It spins freely and the shifter moves fine.

The second I bought on here with (supposedly) an RA gear set. I installed it in my car and it popped out of first so I yanked it and sent it to John at LS automotive. Come to find out it is actually a type STi gear set. Basically an RA 1,2,3, and stock 4,5 ratio. He rebuilt it with an OBX front LSD with all new internals, gears from Rallispec, and Moore performance blast plates. I was planning on using this trans for rally-x, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen now.

I HAVEN'T INSTALLED EITHER ONE OF THESE SINCE REBUILD. But they were both done by reputable shops FWIW.

$1k for the first and $2.2K for the STi. (The STi comes with a free RA first drive gear!) I knows the price is a little high, but I plan on keeping this car forever and spares are always good.
I'm in the same boat about Rallyx but, 2.2k is a deal, with the blast plates and all.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:03 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx
How much did ls rebuild the ra trans?
Old 10-27-2014, 10:14 PM

Replaced 1st gear, 3rd syncro, and a few other parts. I have the order sheets around somewhere. And obviously the diff.

And just to reiterate, it's not the RA box, it's type STi. Check ratios HERE.

Last edited by Bushflyr; 10-27-2014 at 10:17 PM.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bushflyr

Any way to tell that first one only has 5k miles on it? If so i would be interested. Other is well out of my price range
Old 10-28-2014, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Jb561
Any way to tell that first one only has 5k miles on it? If so i would be interested. Other is well out of my price range
No. And I only have the word of the guy I got it from. He said he had ~5k on it and 5th went bad. I think, and this was about 8 years ago so YMMV, he went 6 speed or something.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:25 PM

Car Info: FXT/ 1999 Legacy L /2007 OB/ 71 240z
Originally Posted by Jb561

What is your price range? Its hard to find a box here for a "cheap" price, it might be cheaper for you to get one from the mainland and freight it here. But again its going to cost a bit. Bushfyr has a good deal on a nice setup, would probably cost about the same as shipping a trans here. Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by devilzdriver
What is your price range? Its hard to find a box here for a "cheap" price, it might be cheaper for you to get one from the mainland and freight it here. But again its going to cost a bit. Bushfyr has a good deal on a nice setup, would probably cost about the same as shipping a trans here. Just my 2 cents.
cheapest i found so far was 850 which isnt too bad. I was just checking if anyone out there could beat that price honestly.

Now i just need somebody to buy my FMIC so i can afford it lol!