Why car?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 03:22 AM

Car Info: 02 Wrx, 93 RX-7
Why car?

My 02 WRX decided not to start after driving it today. I did nothing strange or out of the normal when I drove. The car cranks but wont turn over and I hear a ticking noise. First time this happen to me so just wondering if any of you had similar issues? I tried searching, but I dont see anyone with similar causes. My mods are that of a Stage 2 but with a proper tune and EWG. Any ideas?
Old 11-15-2014, 09:24 PM

Car Info: 2004 STI/2000 RS
First i would recommend, if you have a multimeter, check to make sure you have at least 12.6V at the battery when off. If you have less than 12.4V, your car wont start. Try to jump it using another car. If it starts while using another car and keeps running good, your alternator and starter are fine but your batt is bad. If your car starts but seems to sag or unable to run things properly like stereo and lights, you may have a bad alternator ( i have one for sale ).

Good Luck
Old 11-15-2014, 09:46 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
sounds like a low battery voltage.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Subie-Mes
First i would recommend, if you have a multimeter, check to make sure you have at least 12.6V at the battery when off. If you have less than 12.4V, your car wont start. Try to jump it using another car. If it starts while using another car and keeps running good, your alternator and starter are fine but your batt is bad. If your car starts but seems to sag or unable to run things properly like stereo and lights, you may have a bad alternator ( i have one for sale ).

Good Luck
Well the car has 14v when off and lights and stereo work fine. I dug more into and found that it wasn't getting fuel. If i checked the right relay for the fuel pump I was getting power. I went ahead and tried replacing the relay but nothing. I don't hear the pump with key in anymore. I do have a brand new DW 200 pump installed though. Hoping that's not the issue
Old 11-18-2014, 01:16 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
Is it possible that your pump isn't grounded properly? Did you change the wires for the pump when you changed it? Is it grounding out with something else in-tank? There may also be a slim chance that you acquired a new defective pump.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:39 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by sneezerboi
Is it possible that your pump isn't grounded properly? Did you change the wires for the pump when you changed it? Is it grounding out with something else in-tank? There may also be a slim chance that you acquired a new defective pump.
Wouldn't hurt to play with the relays too. Swap the horn relay for the fuel pump relay and see if it kicks on. That's what I did when my fuel pump was dead.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by PacificLegacy
Wouldn't hurt to play with the relays too. Swap the horn relay for the fuel pump relay and see if it kicks on. That's what I did when my fuel pump was dead.
Alright so after digging into the gas tank, the connector to my fuel pump was jacked up. I tried the pump relay first. Good thing I had bought an extra install kit. I changed out the connector when I first swapped fuel pumps from the start, but don't know why this one burnt out. Anyway problem is fixed. Tnks guys!!