stage two upgrade.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 06:13 PM

Car Info: 2013 wrx sedan
stage two upgrade.

Hi everyone, New to the world of Subaru and modding. I've had my car for about a year now and decided to go with some upgrades. InitiallyI i was going to take my car to a shop and have them work on it but I would much rather get some help with the install. That way I know what going on with the car and have a better connection with it. also i was quoted about 10 hours of laber. With that i would also need a protune. Anyone reputable in hawaii or should I data log and send it out?

Anyone with free weekend? I can provide pizza and beer, or can put together a bbq. my parts come in next week, and i'll be back on island on the 20th.

last note, what's is it important to have the heat shield?
parts to install
intake
downpipe
exhaust
ELE manifold
greddy boost controller
cobb ap

can this be done in one day?

Last edited by wrxlee; 04-08-2016 at 05:09 AM.
Old 04-07-2016, 06:24 PM

Car Info: 2013 wrx sedan
do i need a tune or can i rune the otc cobb map?
thanks in advance.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:04 PM

Heatshield is useful so your intercooler won't get heat soaked, everything can been done in one day except for the ELE manifold and boost controller with that you'll need a pro tune.
Old 04-08-2016, 12:15 AM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
Originally Posted by wrxlee
Hi everyone, New to the world of Subaru and modding. I've had my car for about a year now and decided to go with some upgrades. InitiallyI i was going to take my car to a shop and have them work on it but I would much rather get some help with the install. That way I know what going on with the car and have a better connection with it. also i was quoted about 10 hours of laber. With that i would also need a protune. Anyone reputable in hawaii or should I data log and send it out?

Anyone with free weekend? I can provide pizza and beer, or can put together a bbq. my parts come in next week, and i'll be back on island on the 20th.

last note, what's is it important to have the heat shield?
parts to install:
aem intake
invidia downpipe
invidia n1 exhaust
tomei ELE manifold
greddy boost controller
cobb ap

can this be done in one day?
It can be done in one day...header/uppipe/dowpipe/catback all will come off when you do header/uppipe.
intake is easy as is the boost controller...the Greddy is spendy and a little more involved to install than a 3port boost controller like the Grimmspeed/Cobb/or Perrin...something to consider.

All good mods for a nice gain with a protune.

No...the Cobb OTS Stg2 map will not be ideal for these mods...The OTS map only takes into consideration an aftermarket turboback and stock intake...header/uppipe/AEM intake will all not fall within the parameters of the map. An EBC is typically installed at the tune or you can stay off boost and install it...if you do, DO NOT BOOST.

PDXtuning will be coming here this month. We still have openings on the 17th of April (Sunday)...I would suggest pre-paying the tune, receive a "safe" map to run on your car...until the day of the tune. Works great.
I would not run your car hard on the Cobb OTS Stg2 map with those mods.
text/call me if you are interested.
Brent (808) 457.0743

Last edited by Island Style; 04-08-2016 at 12:18 AM.
Old 04-09-2016, 11:33 AM

Car Info: 07' Subaru impreza sti
Go to luxuryautohawaii

If u want all your parts installed for a good price then have the car protuned that same day cant beat that just give them a call hit them up on instagram under luxuryautohawaii best subi guys out in hawaii right now and there tuner is really good at what he does