Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 05:18 AM

Car Info: 2015 CWP STI
Okay. So what color is the smoke and where else is it coming from?

If there are no leaks, you could be burning oil from a worn valve seal or rings as mentioned. Pull out your oil cap and/or your valve cover vents while the engine is running. If there is alot of smoke with pressure behind it, your rings are toast. Have you done a compression test to see if your rings are okay at least? At that mileage, I would have at least done a compression test before throwing any bolt-ons to it as these cars are known to be beat to s**t by anyone who has owned them at some point or another.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:44 AM

Car Info: 2001 obs W84M3 Bugeye WRX
Originally Posted by joejoe69
Okay. So what color is the smoke and where else is it coming from?

If there are no leaks, you could be burning oil from a worn valve seal or rings as mentioned. Pull out your oil cap and/or your valve cover vents while the engine is running. If there is alot of smoke with pressure behind it, your rings are toast. Have you done a compression test to see if your rings are okay at least? At that mileage, I would have at least done a compression test before throwing any bolt-ons to it as these cars are known to be beat to s**t by anyone who has owned them at some point or another.
I did the the oil cap while running no smoke and I haven't had a chance to compression test it yet but I'm pretty sure it's my valve seals now
Old 09-09-2014, 08:21 PM

Car Info: 08 STi
Im getting smoke out my tail pipe on random start ups... on a new built short block. its still on a break in tune with 1,400 miles on it. =(
When i was replacing my up pipe, i removed the header. One of the driver side exhuast ports had oil in it. It was even on the gasket between the block and header. Would this be a sign of a bad valve seal?
No puffs of smoke out the filler tube, doubt the forged piston rings are fried. the engine builder told me it could be my crawford A/O seperator could be installed wrong. What do you guys think?
Sorry to thread jack RelaxTampax!