Friday night meat up tonight?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 08:55 PM

Car Info: 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
Friday night meat up tonight?

Is there a meet up tonight? Really would like to hang with the club members!
Old 03-20-2015, 09:49 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX Wagon
Sign me up if there is one.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:57 PM

Car Info: Impreza STI Sedan 2011
We go make one! Waimalu shopping plaza again. 9pm
Old 03-22-2015, 02:31 AM

Car Info: '13 DGM BRZ
Would have rolled out but my car was up on jacks. Got to get in that wrench time you know.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:12 AM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
Josh sets up I-Club meets at 2 week intervals...he's one of the original guys and is very respected in the club.

We used to have weekly meets on Fridays, but due to sporadic and low attendance, he asked club members if a meet every 2 weeks was better...everyone agreed.

I know how it is when you pick up your Suby and are excited...been there and done that...I show up when I can these days.

He's been organizing official I-Club meets for years...He has been very diligent in explaining how meets are organized and how respectful and law-abiding one should be at an official I-Club meet.

Out of respect for Josh, I'd encourage everyone that wants to have a meet posted on I-club to either wait for his meet postings, request a special meet, or post up separate meets elsewhere like on Facebook. This is just a suggestion of course. Whenever I need a special meet (such as a tune/payment meet) or suggest a cruise...I always pm Josh. Although we all belong to I-Club, please respect one another and try not to walk on each others toes...especially an OG like Josh who dedicates a lot of his personal time to organizing and representing I-Club in a positive manner.

I'm not sure how I-Club meets are held elsewhere outside of Hawaii...but here, we have un-official, officials if that makes sense.

No disrepect to anyone...please don't take this as a negative comment, just a suggestion as to how things are done in the Hawaii Chapter of I-Club.

Thanks for reading...
Brent
Old 03-23-2015, 11:54 AM

Car Info: 2004 STI
Very informative post. Good job Brent

Josh is our meat unofficial official.

Last edited by ojichan sti; 03-23-2015 at 12:21 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:48 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by ojichan sti
Very informative post. Good job Brent

Josh is our meat unofficial official.
Is Josh 100% USDA certified meat?
+1 for Brent's post, btw.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:30 PM
banned

Car Info: 2015 Sti
Does the club still just hangout in the parking lots and talk? That's all fine and cool and I don't mind that at all. But coming from the mainland we would all get together and do things to get to know each other like BBQ, dinners, paintball, lazer tag, go carts, car shows, and other things like that. It really made the meets more fun and interactive and gave everyone the chance to socialize. Being here in Hawaii I know some of that is limited but can we maybe try some of these things if people show an interest.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:30 PM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
Most if not all of the activities you mentioned above have been done...it just takes a lot of effort and time on someone's part to do this.

Cruises are set up several times a year, most notably..."The Christmas Toys for Tots Cruise" and "The Shrimp Shack Cruise" coming up soon...several smaller cruises are organized for different reasons...all during the daytime and respectful in manner.

We've had meets at the indoor race track, barbecues...if you want to schedule a gathering...pm Josh and request a place/date/time...he may not organize it and may delegate to the requestor...but at least, he can explain to the person that if it is an I-Club sanctioned event, it must be done according to our ways.

We have built quite a good reputation as club here...let's keep it that way.

By Josh sanctioning the meet as official...it makes things more legit and controlled.