Exhaust Question for hawaii guys!! Nur-spec

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 01:06 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
Question Exhaust Question for hawaii guys!! Nur-spec

sorry kinda long!

OK as some of you guys know i picked up another exhaust. I got the blitz nur-spec r & i still have my nur spec touring

So anyways I put on the nur-spec r the night i left for my trip so i didn't really get to drive it.... but did start it and it is freaking loud!!!! (fyi i have up/down pipe, borla headers and this is on a 2.5 RS-T)

So last night i got back from my trip and today i went to drop off my son at school in kaneohe, and ran into brian "mototech"(his kid goes to the same school). We were talking and such and were saying that i'mma get pulled over for the exhaust cause it is fricking loud.( louder then i thought it would be). So we talked some more then left the school with brian following me. We come to a stop light and the is a cop in the turn lane were gonna go straight. So we start to go straight and next thing you know i'm getting pulled over.

The officer told me he pulled me over b/c of my exhaust nothing else. he said "thats super loud". gave him all my info and talked a little bit and he let me with a warning (cool guy)....

This was all within a hour of me driving with my new exhaust

Anyways my question is.......For all you guys with nur-spec or other exhaust that are that loud how often are you guys getting pulled over? is it everytime you pass by a cop do you gotta clutch it so you can slide by?

With my NS-T i never once got pulled over for my exhuast b/c is was super super soft. I'm thinking about just using the NS-R for just autox since i did notice a difference in power with the NS-R vs the NS-T(very restricted)

TIA
Shaggy

Last edited by shaggadelic; 04-02-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:36 PM

Car Info: 04 sti now pulling hard but super greasy!!
yeah im always going into a taller gear when i see the cops nearby as my turboxs race pipe is friggin loud too im just gonna swap out my exhaust with something less loud
Old 04-02-2008, 02:22 PM

Car Info: '86 corolla GT-S/'04 STi
i did the same thing last week i put on another exhaust and it was way too loud so i put back on the nur spec touring, with that exhaust i have never been pulled over...yet. i used to get pulled over about once every 2-3 months but that was with a different car, i always had to clutch it going past cops. if i were you, since you do have a kid getting stopped by the cops on a routine basis might give him the wrong idea about things. "daddy why are the police always following us to school?" j/k btw hiroaki has full exhaust w/ nurspec r and its really friggin loud but i dont think he gets pulled over that often maybe he'll chime in. hope this helps and not to thread jack but there are a lot of suby guys living in kaneohe/windward side its a wonder ive never run in to any of you, ive lived there all my life up until last december and had my car for about 2 years now, weird.

Last edited by rocker13; 04-02-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:48 PM

Car Info: ghey e-rights activist
Originally Posted by shaggadelic
sorry kinda long!

OK as some of you guys know i picked up another exhaust. I got the blitz nur-spec r & i still have my nur spec touring

So anyways I put on the nur-spec r the night i left for my trip so i didn't really get to drive it.... but did start it and it is freaking loud!!!! (fyi i have up/down pipe, borla headers and this is on a 2.5 RS-T)

So last night i got back from my trip and today i went to drop off my son at school in kaneohe, and ran into brian "mototech"(his kid goes to the same school). We were talking and such and were saying that i'mma get pulled over for the exhaust cause it is fricking loud.( louder then i thought it would be). So we talked some more then left the school with brian following me. We come to a stop light and the is a cop in the turn lane were gonna go straight. So we start to go straight and next thing you know i'm getting pulled over.

The officer told me he pulled me over b/c of my exhaust nothing else. he said "thats super loud". gave him all my info and talked a little bit and he let me with a warning (cool guy)....

This was all within a hour of me driving with my new exhaust

Anyways my question is.......For all you guys with nur-spec or other exhaust that are that loud how often are you guys getting pulled over? is it everytime you pass by a cop do you gotta clutch it so you can slide by?

With my NS-T i never once got pulled over for my exhuast b/c is was super super soft. I'm thinking about just using the NS-R for just autox since i did notice a difference in power with the NS-R vs the NS-T(very restricted)

TIA
Shaggy
we talked about this...LOUDER IS BETTER!!!

have fun on the drive from work

EDIT: i've never got pulled over and my exhaust is loud too.

Last edited by AngrySubyWagon; 04-02-2008 at 02:50 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:42 PM

Car Info: 2008 Mercedes E350
I had the same problem as I posted in another thread, I have Invidia downpipe with Tanabe Ultra Medallion, and from what other people tell me, "your exhaust is friggin loud", sometimes i can hear my exhaust over large semi-trucks and garbage trucks... but yea I get nervous everytime i'm near a cop so i either clutch it or go to a higher gear
Old 04-02-2008, 03:59 PM

Car Info: Pasoi!
Haha I got pulled over with a hks hipo, and hks downpipe. Since I dont have a clutch, I sometimes make sure that I have enough momentum or draft a semi, then drop it into neutral. I only do that for solo bikers though lol.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
I had a TurboXS RFL Ti and it was louder than that...but I never got pulled over after driving with it for a month.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:17 PM

Car Info: 2013 WRB GVF STi
I thought aftermarket exhausts are illegal now since 2006.
But anyway, I pretty much do the same thing like the previous posts... coast it on neutral or shift up.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:45 PM

Car Info: 07 WRX stage 2/ 05 Yamaha R6
I have had my helix TBE(catless dp) for a little over a month now, and it's pretty loud and has the deep rumble tone to it...i havent been pulled over but everytime I see a cop i really let off the gas and keep my shifts around 2500rpms or even lower....cops in cali are haters so I gotta be careful
Old 04-02-2008, 07:08 PM

Car Info: ghey e-rights activist
this is true, my exhaust has back fired hard core in front of cops and i still haven't been pulled over. It's all relative. I say keep it on ****.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:37 PM

jess heard my exhaust today what did you think?
Old 04-02-2008, 09:01 PM

Location: in the shopping cart with the lady from kam starbucks
Car Info: blue 04 STI
i got the rsr turbo back and i got pulled over my share for my exhaust being too loud. i clutch it
Old 04-02-2008, 09:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: "the loud one"
i gave up driving my car...i only drive it if i REALLY have to...its just too damn obnoxious...

but i love it =)
Old 04-02-2008, 10:15 PM

Car Info: Genesis Coupe - Karussell White 2.0T Track Model
in case this hasn't been covered enough on FH..
*doh*

Issue: Exhaust Noise
Bill: HB 1585/SB 1684
Description: Requires that exhaust systems be inspected for certain characteristics. Prohibits issuing certificate of inspection if mufflers emit excessive or unusual noise.
Author: Rep. Luke/Sen. Trimble
Intro Date: 1/23/07

Bill: HB 1447/HB 1650/SB 1682
Description: Prohibits vehicles from emitting exhaust noise exceeding 95dBA or noise louder than when the vehicle was manufactured. Provides fines and procedure for impoundment of vehicle.
Author: Rep. Nishimoto/Rep Ching/Sen. Trimble
Intro Date: 1/23/07

Bill: HB 443
Description: Changes the schedule of fines for violation of motor vehicle noise laws.
Author: Rep. Nishimoto
Intro Date: 1/19/07
Old 04-02-2008, 10:23 PM

well how loud is 95db??

but my question is how often do u guys get pulled over for a loud exhaust? i mean just exhaust and nothing else?

Quick Reply: Exhaust Question for hawaii guys!! Nur-spec