End of the RallyCross Season Party at The Groove Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 05:02 PM

Car Info: Mazda Miata 1991, STi 2005, 03WRX/98GC, 2.5RS 2000
End of the RallyCross Season Party at The Groove Hawaii

Hello I-Club Hawaii Rallyists,

Here is a friendly reminder to get signed up for the End of the RallyCross Season Party at The Groove Hawaii Kart Track.

The link to online reg is:

End of the Season RallyCross Party! info on Sep 13, 2014 (267829) | MotorsportReg.com

I had a chance to meet with the General Manager and Owner this morning. We verified insurance, sanction, schedule, budget and food/beverage arrangements. I also had a chance to get in a Kart Race. All I can say is WOOOOHOOOO! So much fun! Races are fairly long, track design was challenging with a nice long straight and setting up folks for passing is really cool too!

Many of you still have credits from this past cancelled RallyCross, so if you do, don't pay again online, we will be sure to apply those credits to this event. Lunch is included, as is the use of The Groove's Party Room. We need to submit a head count and menu choices a week before the event, so the earlier everyone can sign up, the easier it will be to plan.

I hope you all can make it. It was such fun, that we should discuss making this a regular club event.

Rally On!, Avery
Old 09-05-2014, 09:28 AM

Here's the last reminder to get signed up for the End of the Season Party at The Groove Hawaii Kart Track. If you have credits from the cancelled RallyCross or earlier events, please use those to pay for this event.

The Groove had offered us special pricing on Kart races, lunch and the use of their party room. This should be a fun event. Online reg closes tonight.

End of the Season RallyCross Party! info on Sep 13, 2014 (267829) | MotorsportReg.com

We hope you all can attend, Avery
Old 09-10-2014, 04:41 PM

Here's a friendly reminder that we have a party scheduled for this Saturday at The Groove Hawaii Kart Track. We have 34 confirmed guests, insurance and sanction from SCCA, and The Groove has packaged 3 races for all the guests. These will include 2 qualifying heats, followed by a main event. Based on the number of guests there will likely be a D Main, C Main, B Main, then A Main. So we got a great deal on pricing and a lot of seat time. We also get lunch and the use of the party room. The Groove will also allow Junior Karts on track so Saraya and the Kubo's can use their own equipment if they want. If you have not previously raced at The Groove you will need to make a profile for yourself.

Register at: Registation Kiosk

Your lunch orders are entered and event deposit paid. Helmets must have a face shield (motorcross helmets must use goggles) and DOT certification, which is different from the Snell cert required by SCCA. You must also have closed toe shoes to drive the Karts. The Groove has plenty of helmets and head socks, so no worries there. The Groove is allowing us to bring snacks, desserts and water jugs, but we must keep them in the party room. You will want to bring a water jug, as 3 Kart races are definitely a work out. Otherwise, there are snacks and drinks for purchase at The Groove.

Special thanks go out to our event sponsors:

Tim Bilecki - Bilecki & Tipon, LLLC
Cres Camero - CR3 Motorsports
Mike Ward - Aloha Power Equipment
Avery Tsui - AJT Design Group

We will also be able to update everyone on RallyCross venues. As well as get people's input on the future of our Rally program.

It will be great to see everyone together again, so come out and have some fun, Avery
Old 09-17-2014, 11:02 AM

We hope everyone had as much fun as we did at the End of the Season Party at The Groove. We had enjoyed the Kart racing there the few times we visited in the past. But spending the day with the SCCA Hawaii Ohana and racing Karts with some of them was a whole new level of fun! Sorry we ran past the announced schedule. Per our instructions, The Groove was just trying to get everyone as much seat time as possible.

Special thanks go out to our event sponsors:

Tim Bilecki - Bilecki & Tipon, LLLC
Cres Camero - CR3 Motorsports (contact Cres for racing parts)
Mike Ward - Aloha Power Equipment
Avery Tsui - AJT Design Group

We were able to host Mike K. and Tom B. to thank them for all their help at Kalaeloa Raceway Park. We had a historic 4 seasons at KRP before it closed it's gates. Big thanks to the Grace family at KRP for all their help and for providing a venue while they could!

More thanks go out to our RallyCross and Road Rally Chiefs for all they have done this past season and all the years we have been growing our Rally program. Elayne M. was Rally Master for this event and she did a wonderful job keeping us organized. Davin K. helped with last minute coordination to get us back on schedule as well. Mahalos to everyone in the SCCA Hawaii Ohana for the support, contributions and time given to sustain our programs.

We hope to continue these gatherings at The Groove. We will work to make things run on schedule. Let us know your thoughts, comments, concerns and questions.

Thanks again, Avery