Bounce Test?

Old 10-19-2016, 07:11 PM

Car Info: 07 Sti
Originally Posted by JayZhu
I told them not to push down my fenders. I told them I can sit on the seat of each side if need be (idk why I thought that'd validate as a test). And the inspector said "that's fine, it won't be necessary" and he skipped the test. My advice, tell them "Don't push on my fenders/car, please". Just be nice to the dude/lady.

He DID however feel for foam, at the time I taped cooler foam looool and they didn't say anything.

Things they really get ya for IME,
- Amber corners and markers.
- Decals.
- Foam.
This is awesome!
Old 10-20-2016, 10:40 PM

Car Info: 2013 WRB GVF STi
Originally Posted by jayzhu
i told them not to push down my fenders. I told them i can sit on the seat of each side if need be (idk why i thought that'd validate as a test). And the inspector said "that's fine, it won't be necessary" and he skipped the test. My advice, tell them "don't push on my fenders/car, please". Just be nice to the dude/lady.

he did however feel for foam, at the time i taped cooler foam looool and they didn't say anything.

things they really get ya for ime,
- amber corners and markers.
- decals.
- foam.
+999999999999999999
Old 10-21-2016, 12:59 PM

Car Info: 2000 Impreza
I told them not to push down my fenders. I told them I can sit on the seat of each side if need be (idk why I thought that'd validate as a test). And the inspector said "that's fine, it won't be necessary" and he skipped the test. My advice, tell them "Don't push on my fenders/car, please". Just be nice to the dude/lady. He DID however feel for foam, at the time I taped cooler foam looool and they didn't say anything. Things they really get ya for IME, - Amber corners and markers. - Decals. - Foam.
Lmao that's smart Julien 👍
Old 10-22-2016, 01:00 PM

Car Info: GC8 Type-R, BH5 Wangon Gen3 and 05 SV650 Naked!
The version 5-6 bumpers doesn't come with foam last time I checked.
Old 10-22-2016, 08:36 PM

Car Info: '08 DGM FXT
what about cats, fender liners or lack of.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:58 AM

Car Info: Impreza GC8 00' 2.5rs
Originally Posted by deviant808
what about cats, fender liners or lack of.
Cats; nope (Not that I've heard of...)
The WRX who came right out the Recon lot as I was coming in had what sounded like a catless 3in straight, or at least 1 cat. I turned around to see his bumper with an "R" (pass). In that regard, probably not...

Fender liners. Not that I have heard of or seen. They just kept on molesting my (fake) Walmart™ crash foam.

While waiting to be inspected and being inspected I observed VERY closely as to what the hell they were doing and looking for albeit it was 3+ years ago. I'd say I got a fair amount of information to disclose if ya'll want the scoops~
Old 10-28-2016, 08:46 PM

I'd say I got a fair amount of information to disclose if ya'll want the scoops~
We do~~~ Do tell!
Know if things like fixed back seats, roll bars or no steering wheel airbag are a problem?
Not that I have all that, but just curious.
Old 10-29-2016, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by gmhl10
We do~~~ Do tell!
Know if things like fixed back seats, roll bars or no steering wheel airbag are a problem?
Not that I have all that, but just curious.
In the event that they fail you, they'll tell you what exact modifications you need or changes you need before you come back, and they will write it on this report card thing. So when you come back they'll only check for that and then pass you.

For the fixed back seats-- I saw an RSX pass with them. As far as the roll bar, if the inspector fails you, and you could do simple modifications that'll take you like 15-20minutes, tell them you live up the street and can be right back. Drive to the Chevron, do your uninstall or install of OEMs etc. (worst they can say is no). Otherwise you'd have to wait another 2-3 weeks for your next inspection. You CAN NOT do your modifications in the inspection lot

You probably know this part... Upon passing the inspector tells you to write down your mods with its brand, including body kits, exhaust, suspensions etc. (which people blatantly lie about ime; time to write down goals for your Subbie on that recon slip)
Old 10-29-2016, 08:51 PM

Car Info: '08 DGM FXT
In the event that they fail you, they'll tell you what exact modifications you need or changes you need before you come back, and they will write it on this report card thing. So when you come back they'll only check for that and then pass you.

For the fixed back seats-- I saw an RSX pass with them. As far as the roll bar, if the inspector fails you, and you could do simple modifications that'll take you like 15-20minutes, tell them you live up the street and can be right back. Drive to the Chevron, do your uninstall or install of OEMs etc. (worst they can say is no). Otherwise you'd have to wait another 2-3 weeks for your next inspection. You CAN NOT do your modifications in the inspection lot

You probably know this part... Upon passing the inspector tells you to write down your mods with its brand, including body kits, exhaust, suspensions etc. (which people blatantly lie about ime; time to write down goals for your Subbie on that recon slip)

2-3 weeks? is it by appt only again?
Old 10-30-2016, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by deviant808
2-3 weeks? is it by appt only again?
If I remember it was that duration.

Yes technically by appointment again. A friend of mine who failed in his DC2 told him to come back in two weeks out on that Wednesday anytime before 12:00pm. They just had him park to the side till they can squeeze him in to see if he did the modifications the previous inspector put on his "report card" so to speak.
Old 10-30-2016, 09:17 AM

Do you have to write every single modification on the report card?
Or just write mods for the fields they ask for?
For example:
Exhaust: ___________
Suspension: ___________
Wheels: __________

Do they want to know if you have short shifter, double DIN, strut bar, etc... too?
Old 10-30-2016, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by gmhl10

Do you have to write every single modification on the report card?
Or just write mods for the fields they ask for?
For example:
Exhaust: ___________
Suspension: ___________
Wheels: __________

Do they want to know if you have short shifter, double DIN, strut bar, etc... too?
Yes. Only the fields they ask for, and that they consider a "Recon Item" if I remember correctly and if that answers your question. For sure its the three that you mentioned. They will also give you the exact measurements they took with the current suspension you have, as far as exhaust (everyone lies about this) I personally put down that I have a full 3.5 in aftermarket exhaust in case in the future I got pulled over for being "noisy".

The paper you're writing on makes a carbon copy for the recon office, so its a one time deal. The original copy will be the official "Recon" you present to the officer that asks in the event you get pulled over.
Old 11-01-2016, 04:32 AM

Car Info: 07 Sti
I've never actually had an appointment here, I just drive up and get in line.
Old 11-01-2016, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Krang
I've never actually had an appointment here, I just drive up and get in line.
I got my Recon at that time where every cop wanted to catch any lowered vehicle with an exhaust without Recon. Roughly before the time where the new safety stickers designs were issued. Modified vehicle in some instances couldn't get safety without Recon which still applies today. At the time they said because of the influx of people, you had to schedule an appointment... (the struggles)

You might be able to drive up now like you did before. Shoot, they may be a little more lenient ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by JayZhu; 11-01-2016 at 12:21 PM.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:24 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX sedan
I got my Recon at that time where every cop wanted to catch any lowered vehicle with an exhaust without Recon. Roughly before the time where the new safety stickers designs were issued. Modified vehicle in some instances couldn't get safety without Recon which still applies today. At the time they said because of the influx of people, you had to schedule an appointment... (the struggles)

You might be able to drive up now like you did before. Shoot, they may be a little more lenient ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I went around March, they don't take appointments anymore, walk in only. If you fail, you can go back whenever. You have 60 or 90 days (sorry, cannot remember exactly) to fix anything that doesn't pass.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bounce Test?