Ask a question thread!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 10:26 PM

Car Info: FXT/ 1999 Legacy L /2007 OB/ 71 240z
Cool Ask a question thread!

What is this? A random question asking thread. You answer the question of the poster before you, and then ask a question for another poster to answer.

I'll give an example....

Why do I love Subarus so damn much?

Let it begin!
Old 09-09-2015, 03:05 AM

Car Info: 07 Sti
Because the performance per dollar investment is better than a Ferarri, and because of the love, baby.

Why does Subaru choose to use the crappiest, softest, phillip head fastener on the IACV cover when they could have used any 10mm ( AND THERES A BUNCH OF THEM ) fastener instead and never had a stripped out screw.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:37 AM

Car Info: '03 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by Krang
Because the performance per dollar investment is better than a Ferarri, and because of the love, baby.

Why does Subaru choose to use the crappiest, softest, phillip head fastener on the IACV cover when they could have used any 10mm ( AND THERES A BUNCH OF THEM ) fastener instead and never had a stripped out screw.
Because a phillip head screwdriver makes life easier! Everyone has it, and you don't need any pesky socket tools to change it! In fact, I heard the new 2017 STIs are going to be entirely held together by phillips screws and JB Weld!

Question: I'm thinking of swapping my WRX to front wheel drive...anybody know of a good DIY write up I can follow? Maybe a Civic engine available? I have all the basic tools.

Last edited by PacificLegacy; 09-09-2015 at 08:50 PM.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:58 PM

Car Info: 2004 Java Black Pearl STI (Team DownXhift)
Originally Posted by PacificLegacy
Because a phillip head screwdriver makes life easier! Everyone has it, and you don't need any pesky socket tools to change it! In fact, I heard the new 2017 STIs are going to be entirely held together by phillips screws and JB Weld! Question: I'm thinking of swapping my WRX to front wheel drive...anybody know of a good DIY write up I can follow? Maybe a Civic engine available? I have all the basic tools.
Converting your Subaru to a front wheel drive is gonna make it more useless than **** on a nun. Have you consider just buying a Honda? Or perhaps a Bus Pass? It would be easier.... You can have your WRX on the weekends, and your Honda when you pick up your boyfriend from work.

Come on, anyways.....

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop?
Old 09-09-2015, 09:07 PM

Car Info: 2013 WRX Hatchback
Originally Posted by Haole-Pino
Converting your Subaru to a front wheel drive is gonna make it more useless than **** on a nun. Have you consider just buying a Honda? Or perhaps a Bus Pass? It would be easier.... You can have your WRX on the weekends, and your Honda when you pick up your boyfriend from work.

Come on, anyways.....

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop?
Just enough to get the satisfaction of finishing off a nearly impossible and life consuming endeavor. It may be 100, or it may be 10. It all depends on the lollipop.

If we haven't been visited by people from the future yet, does that mean time travel will never be invented?
Old 09-09-2015, 11:42 PM

What if we have and they just blend in? Like the book timeline. (Great book BTW)

I some how bent a wheel stud while driving... Does anyone have an idea on how to make it straight enough to get the wheel off?
Old 09-10-2015, 06:21 PM

Car Info: 2015 Subaru wrx STI
Originally Posted by devilzdriver
What if we have and they just blend in? Like the book timeline. (Great book BTW) I some how bent a wheel stud while driving... Does anyone have an idea on how to make it straight enough to get the wheel off?
Sledge hammer? OR OR OR jack it up by the wheel stud!!!!?!?

Would you consider baking headlights/ taillight to be cheap looking and /or dangerous??
Old 09-11-2015, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by zombro
Sledge hammer? OR OR OR jack it up by the wheel stud!!!!?!?

Would you consider baking headlights/ taillight to be cheap looking and /or dangerous??

If done right can look amazing... key word if done right... lol

Does anyone think the rail is really going to help?
Old 09-11-2015, 02:36 PM

What is the best oil to use on the engine EJ 25 ? Or 08-11 wrx?
Old 09-11-2015, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by aldrin_wrx_
What is the best oil to use on the engine EJ 25 ? Or 08-11 wrx?
You fail at reading... Enos 5-30 is great stuff all I used in Japan and here.

Now back to the game

"I think the rail will only help slightly"

Will people start reading before posting?
Old 09-11-2015, 05:25 PM

Whoops lol sorry
Old 09-11-2015, 11:28 PM

Car Info: 2015 Subaru wrx STI
Originally Posted by devilzdriver
You fail at reading... Enos 5-30 is great stuff all I used in Japan and here. Now back to the game "I think the rail will only help slightly" Will people start reading before posting?
If the rail won't help then at least when it's done the construction zone being gone will defiantly help traffic. But I think it'll help, maybe minimize bus traffic too. Where I come from in Cali they put up a rail and at first it didn't help any but slowly it got pretty good for commuters and tourist

I think people just read "question thread" and hop to it lol. Similar but more entertaining

How hard is it to change pretty much all suspension related bushings. And which matter most
Old 09-12-2015, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by zombro
If the rail won't help then at least when it's done the construction zone being gone will defiantly help traffic. But I think it'll help, maybe minimize bus traffic too. Where I come from in Cali they put up a rail and at first it didn't help any but slowly it got pretty good for commuters and tourist

I think people just read "question thread" and hop to it lol. Similar but more entertaining

How hard is it to change pretty much all suspension related bushings. And which matter most

Most of the bushings are fairly easy to get to. You can press them out (Which i recommend) but I know guys that cut or burn them out. There really isn't a "matter most" do them all lol. If you're going to do something don't half *** it, especially something like this. Also the car will feel like a whole new car!

I know a lot of you guys have WRX's / STi's what do you think of FXT's?
Old 09-13-2015, 11:04 PM

Car Info: 2013 WRX (wagonmafia)
i think they are great! A good friend of mines has a 2015 lowered on xd-9s and it looks awesome and drives well not to mention lots usable space. Cons, no manual transmission. servco had a 0% finance promotion for the foresters that my wife took advantage of.

Why don't i see more shakas while driving than before?
Old 09-14-2015, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Davesaction
i think they are great! A good friend of mines has a 2015 lowered on xd-9s and it looks awesome and drives well not to mention lots usable space. Cons, no manual transmission. servco had a 0% finance promotion for the foresters that my wife took advantage of.

Why don't i see more shakas while driving than before?

Because a lot of Honda drivers are converting or just kids....

Why does everyone get mudflaps?

Quick Reply: Ask a question thread!