Old 04-06-2014, 01:19 PM

Car Info: WRB 2012 WRX Sedan
Capitol Subaru San Jose and 3 WRX too.
Attached Thumbnails 2015 WRX Models now in!!!-image-849935224.jpg  
Old 04-06-2014, 01:53 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
[QUOTE=moto96793;3505489]
Originally Posted by Shiba
I took pics of both stickers of the STI and WRX Premium at the show.

WRX Premium final sticker was $31,320
WRX STI final sticker was $35,320 QUOTE]

I knew I saw a 4k difference. lol.

dealers here will still get what they want for them from the guys who cant wait. Tight @$$ Asians like myself know that 4k saved off purchase = 4k more. I'd order from mainland. That could also be the difference between a sti and a wrx.
what in the world are you talking about? we do not do a mark up here at all? heck even when i buy my car at MY employee price i don't get anywhere near 4K off..... i can see that you get 4k off if you included the discount from mark up!. I just came back from training and everywhere in the northwest has a 3-5k mark up on there subs and it would be cheaper to buy it from us in hawaii then in WA state! you guys are giving false info on this one
Old 04-06-2014, 07:33 PM

Car Info: The Bus, Country Express Fool!
[QUOTE=shaggadelic;3505530]
Originally Posted by moto96793

what in the world are you talking about? we do not do a mark up here at all? heck even when i buy my car at MY employee price i don't get anywhere near 4K off..... i can see that you get 4k off if you included the discount from mark up!. I just came back from training and everywhere in the northwest has a 3-5k mark up on there subs and it would be cheaper to buy it from us in hawaii then in WA state! you guys are giving false info on this one
Im not giving out any false info. Please read my post, I gave two prices for two different cars. I took two pics of the sticker price at the First Hawaiian Car Show. One of the WRX Premium which was $31,320. The second was the WRX STI at $35,320. And, I just checked out the silver WRX premium at Mapunapuna at its price was $30,600. None of those sticker prices had an additional dealer markup. I have bought 3 vehicles from Servco and I know they do not have do the "adjusted market value" like Cutter or JN.

Shaggy I hope I didn't offend you in any way. Much respect to you and what you do for the island Subaru guys.

Last edited by Shiba; 04-06-2014 at 07:40 PM.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:01 PM

no i think your quotes were off wasn't directed at you but when someone says save 4-5k and buy from the mainland thats a load of BS.

our cost are all really similar +/- few hundred bucks. MSRP without mark ups & added options are 30 bucks different.

its a brand new line that not all mainland dealers have got (hence my trip, some of the other sales staff was salty that they never got theirs yet)

how can you expect to pay below cost and the dealer to stay afloat? I wonder if any of you who agree with this owns a business please lmi which one because i would love to come by and by stuff below your cost and watch you live in hawaii!
Old 04-06-2014, 08:33 PM

Car Info: 2010 WRX
I've bought 3 new vehicles in my life within 10 years time. After tax, tags and title/OTD, I have never paid MSRP on ANY of my new vehicles. Even in the mainland (nor cal) I got a quote from a dealer which was below msrp OTD. Pre moving here I called a dealership here they said "tell usaa to give you a 0% interest loan and we.will sell you a car AT MSRP + 500 + shipping, all our vehicles come from the mainland". So what you are trying to say is that your vehicle, OTD, after tax, tags, titles, and whatever fancy names dealers use to sugar coat fees willnot total 4k over msrp?
Old 04-06-2014, 08:37 PM

Like stated above, we love what you do for the community, not bashing you in any way. I hope that wasnt you who answered when I called cause that guy was a total pos and I would never buy a car from that specific dealerahip. I am not going to mention names here, its not me.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:05 PM

i agree on the usaa part! hell i have usaa and if they tell you to to buy cars cheaper then what i can get it for your crazy if i shouldn't make money why should they? but nope wasn't me cause our cars come from japan so whoever you spoke with didn't know what they where talking about.

also MSRP includes destination so thats another thing whoever you spoke with didn't know.

i also sold cars here below MSRP OTD but def not no 4-5k discount that would be waaaaaaaay below MSRP out the door remember taxes are roughly 1200 bucks. so if there is some promo going on its possible but not something i see on a car that just was released.

like i said if you or anyone here can survive off of selling items under your cost please post your store so i can help myself to cheap stuff
Old 04-06-2014, 09:08 PM

Back to USAA I even asked them. how can you tell customers to pay below my invoice but yet your offering them 6-8% apr? don't they deserve the best which would be 0%? they said no they can't offer that, they wouldn't be able to do that not everyone has good enough credit and they wouldn't make money....... so i asked them why would you tell customers to do that to us? and no answer
Old 04-06-2014, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by shaggadelic
i agree on the usaa part! hell i have usaa and if they tell you to to buy cars cheaper then what i can get it for your crazy if i shouldn't make money why should they? but nope wasn't me cause our cars come from japan so whoever you spoke with didn't know what they where talking about.

also MSRP includes destination so thats another thing whoever you spoke with didn't know.

i also sold cars here below MSRP OTD but def not no 4-5k discount that would be waaaaaaaay below MSRP out the door remember taxes are roughly 1200 bucks. so if there is some promo going on its possible but not something i see on a car that just was released.

like i said if you or anyone here can survive off of selling items under your cost please post your store so i can help myself to cheap stuff
The 4k difference comes is not 4k below msrp, its the difference I was quoted by the cali dealer 1.5k below msrp otd and the 3.5k over msrp that hawaii quoted me. That was a 5k difference and after shipping of 1k is how I got 4k difference.

Ps, whenever someone is looking for a car part I dont have, I say contact ****, he is our go to guy for stuff locally. Whenever a co worker thinks about buying a subaru, I tell them I know a guy on my forum, ill get his number for you if I want. Thanks and not trying to start ****
Old 04-06-2014, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by moto96793
The 4k difference comes is not 4k below msrp, its the difference I was quoted by the cali dealer 1.5k below msrp otd and the 3.5k over msrp that hawaii quoted me. That was a 5k difference and after shipping of 1k is how I got 4k difference.

Ps, whenever someone is looking for a car part I dont have, I say contact ****, he is our go to guy for stuff locally. Whenever a co worker thinks about buying a subaru, I tell them I know a guy on my forum, ill get his number for you if I want. Thanks and not trying to start ****
you should know i call it as i see it..... i don't sugar coat things even with my own wife.... ask people who know me for a looong time. if i feel BS i will say it.... hell i do it at work too... i don't try to please everyone to sell a car. i call it as i see it and you been around long enough to see it...... so the 3.5k OTD well you must of been buying everything on the car like warranty/gap/parts/ect ect

i appreciate referrals but i won't kiss *** for them. you can respect that or not its up to you.

honestly the only thing i really offer this community when they buy from me is my knowledge of the brand and the aftermarket world. like i tell all my friends i will do my best but its not guaranteed to be the best price but when it comes to help on modding or question i'll be there day & night not just one of those sell um and forget um salesman...
Old 04-06-2014, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by shaggadelic
you should know i call it as i see it..... i don't sugar coat things even with my own wife.... ask people who know me for a looong time. if i feel BS i will say it.... hell i do it at work too... i don't try to please everyone to sell a car. i call it as i see it and you been around long enough to see it...... so the 3.5k OTD well you must of been buying everything on the car like warranty/gap/parts/ect ect

i appreciate referrals but i won't kiss *** for them. you can respect that or not its up to you.

honestly the only thing i really offer this community when they buy from me is my knowledge of the brand and the aftermarket world. like i tell all my friends i will do my best but its not guaranteed to be the best price but when it comes to help on modding or question i'll be there day & night not just one of those sell um and forget um salesman...
1) when I say dealer who sugar coats ****. If the shoe fits then wear. If it doesnt then so be it. I was referring to 85% of the guys I spoke to when I bought all my new cars. The other 15% were the ones I bought my cars from.

2) money has to be made, if not, why do it? Im not asking you to kiss anyones *** for a sale. If you did that for everyone you wouldnt be able to feed your family.

3) I know you can get sale, no disrespect in any way, I go to certain restraunt because the customer service and relationship is good over price.

4) I'm as straight up as you are and I see two guys who are both looking at it the wrong way. Both having speaking from personal experience.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:32 PM

Btw, my quotes had no add ons or gap or warranty. Just tax, tags, titles, and whatever fees they had.pretty much gave them a price I could run with and nothing more. I let them do all the math while i waited with a check in my hand.no need to talk to their finance guy or anything.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:53 PM

Let me clarify, no warranty over the basic which came with new vehicle purchase. I had an option for extended warranties.

Add ons, if it was in the vehicle at the time of my test drive, it wasnt considered as a add on. If that was the case, they should have added it on the window with all the other options and shown it on that price/vehicle info page which is on almost every new car at.a dealership.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:56 PM

Car Info: WRB 2012 WRX Sedan
I looked at the sticker prices at Capitol and it had a $2000-$2500 "Dealer Markup"
And a poor guy was getting his 2015 WRX towed in, already having issues, something about fuel draining quickly and check engine light on. I guess this stuff is expected of the first batch of any item....
Old 04-06-2014, 11:18 PM

Moto: I can agree with you I also think they had something packed in there to be 3k over msrp out the door. Example 26k wrx @ msrp comes out to about 27.7 out the door.

But yeah we both were reading it wrong and my statement was meant for everyone to read not just you.

Quick Reply: 2015 WRX Models now in!!!