2005 FXT...P0700 code...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 11:55 PM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
2005 FXT...P0700 code...

so...the 2005 FXT was working fine...then suddenly today on the way to work...car starts feeling like it's slipping (4EAT)...then the CEL goes off (P0700). Next thing I know...I'm limping into my parking garage at work...

So...anyone experience this code before on the 4EAT?

What transmission shops do you recommend...I know if I take it into Subaru...they will recommend a "new" transmission rather than fixing this one.

Anyhow...I've thought about it and may put this up for sale...to someone who wants to do a STI or 5sp swap...perfect candidate...

I've got too many cars and getting tired of always wrenching...

Please let me know if anyone knows a good transmission shop.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-11-2015, 01:49 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
hey brent, sorry to hear about the FOZ!! The only transmission shop I would personally trust is Kalakaua Transmission in Waikamilo. Whenever at my working place when we get swamped, my old boss would send cars with iffy transmission problems to Kalakaua Transmission. My old boss sent out alot of cars to different transmission shop and only Kalakaua Trans. pleased my boss, the rest were between alright and not so great customer service. That or I can ask a fellow friend who might be interested in making some extra cash doing side jobs. If you got the same number, ill call you tomorrow.

Sorry, Im not to familiar with transmission as I havent cracked one open yet but found this link. thought it could shed some light.

http://www.justanswer.com/subaru/5jn...ect-ratio.html

DONT SELL HER... YOULL REGRET IT!!!

and the link to kalakaua transmission...

http://www.kalakauatransmission.com/
Old 04-11-2015, 04:12 AM

Car Info: 2015 Forester XT touring
Originally Posted by Island Style
so...the 2005 FXT was working fine...then suddenly today on the way to work...car starts feeling like it's slipping (4EAT)...then the CEL goes off (P0700). Next thing I know...I'm limping into my parking garage at work...

So...anyone experience this code before on the 4EAT?

What transmission shops do you recommend...I know if I take it into Subaru...they will recommend a "new" transmission rather than fixing this one.

Anyhow...I've thought about it and may put this up for sale...to someone who wants to do a STI or 5sp swap...perfect candidate...

I've got too many cars and getting tired of always wrenching...

Please let me know if anyone knows a good transmission shop.

Thanks in advance.
it might just be the torque converter, since it slipping. its pretty much the clutch for an auto. pretty simple swap with the right tools of course. Had this happen before but on a ford.