General Tech / How To's / Installations Technical discussions about the USDM 2008+ WRX and WRX STi.

2 Questions For Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 09:20 PM

Car Info: 05 WRX/05 G35/B5 Audi A4/97Civic/02Ninja/03 SV650S
D2's

I'm probably beating a dead horse on this one but to me, D2's are one of the worst coilovers. I had a brand new set blow on me after one track session at Buttonwillow in S13 240 about 6-7 years ago.... have their build quality improved? I don't know and not willing to find out.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:59 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2010 swp WRX hatch
Originally Posted by Snoopy408
+4, i was going to go the whole BC type/1k Garbage coil glad i went the spring/strut combo until nice coils are more in my price range.
+5. I had bc br 10k/10k... sucks so bad .. just replaced them with koni yellows abd eibach springs. Night and day. Ride is excellent now.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:20 AM

Car Info: 2011 Lightning Red WRX
I ended up trying out the ISC Coilovers with the custom spring rates. 8K/8K
Old 05-14-2013, 02:50 PM
moist amateur

Car Info: 2k4 WRB/WRX
Check out ST coils...that's what I plan on running next. I've heard nothing but good reviews.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:07 PM

Car Info: '11 STI
Originally Posted by jejay1423
I ended up trying out the ISC Coilovers with the custom spring rates. 8K/8K
I thought you wanted quality?
Old 05-14-2013, 03:10 PM

Car Info: 2011 Lightning Red WRX
I was gonna drop at least 2 grand into coilovers but some bills came up so I ended up going under 1K route. Settled with the ISC Coilovers with spring rates 8K/8K. We will see how it goes.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:18 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Old 05-14-2013, 05:10 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX Wagon
So... he comes for advice that's been given a hundred times before (meaning he obviously skipped even attempting to use the search function, and wants everything spoon fed to him) and then blatantly ignores it because he couldn't wait an extra week to get another paycheck before slamming your car. Idiot. Do these people not know how to read?

This is no longer i-club, this is brown-eye-club.

We had this EXACT same story play out very recently with some shmuck that ended up buying Megans or some such garbage. If you're not going to listen, then at least don't pollute our forum and waste the time of people who try to help you.

Last edited by Gancherov; 05-14-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:55 PM
moist amateur

Originally Posted by Gancherov
So... he comes for advice that's been given a hundred times before (meaning he obviously skipped even attempting to use the search function, and wants everything spoon fed to him) and then blatantly ignores it because he couldn't wait an extra week to get another paycheck before slamming your car. Idiot. Do these people not know how to read?

We had this EXACT same story play out very recently with some shmuck that ended up buying Megans or some such garbage. If you're not going to listen, then at least don't pollute our forum and waste the time of people who try to help you.
Hahaha people on these car forums take stuff way too seriously. You act like it negatively affected you, which I'm sure it didn't. Don't like his final decision? Get over it. It's his car, not yours. He can do what he wants with it. Don't wanna be annoyed with these posts about asking opinions on parts? Simply keep scrolling past the thread and don't open it up, voilą! It's that simple!
Old 05-14-2013, 06:11 PM

Car Info: '11 STI
Originally Posted by 2L Monster
Hahaha people on these car forums take stuff way too seriously. You act like it negatively affected you, which I'm sure it didn't. Don't like his final decision? Get over it. It's his car, not yours. He can do what he wants with it. Don't wanna be annoyed with these posts about asking opinions on parts? Simply keep scrolling past the thread and don't open it up, voilą! It's that simple!
why ask for advice then? he went with the coilovers that he first considered d2/isc/megan/bc/stance they are all the same
Old 05-14-2013, 06:19 PM
moist amateur

Originally Posted by flat489
why ask for advice then? he went with the coilovers that he first considered d2/isc/megan/bc/stance they are all the same
Why not ask advice? Are people not allowed to ask for advice unless they go with exactly what people tell them? Not everyone on these forums are experts when it comes to Subarus etc.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:21 PM

It does affect me. Every time this happens more and more people lose interest in helping the "subaru community" because the questions are so stupid that it becomes a massive waste of an experienced and intelligent person's time to answer it. So when I come on this forum to ask a question that maybe HASN'T been beaten to death a million times over, my resources are negatively impacted because the more experienced and useful minds aren't interested in wading through dozens of pages of this repetitious and pointless "I don't know about suspension and i'm not willing to learn so please just tell me what to buy so I can be cool" crap.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:26 PM
moist amateur

It does affect me. Every time this happens more and more people lose interest in helping the "subaru community" because the questions are so stupid that it becomes a massive waste of an experienced and intelligent person's time to answer it. So when I come on this forum to ask a question that maybe HASN'T been beaten to death a million times over, my resources are negatively impacted because the more experienced and useful minds aren't interested in wading through dozens of pages of this repetitious and pointless "I don't know about suspension and i'm not willing to learn so please just tell me what to buy so I can be cool" crap.
If this does affect you, you really need a life outside of the Internet and this forum. He asked for opinions, people gave their opinions, he had something come up, he went a different route than expected. Is your life going to end, I don't think so. People can ask for opinions on this forum, as far as I know. Unless things have changed and I missed it? If someone "intelligent" doesn't want to waste their time and give their OPINION, so be it! No one here says they have to.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:10 PM

People can ask for opinions on this forum, as far as I know. Unless things have changed and I missed it? If someone "intelligent" doesn't want to waste their time and give their OPINION, so be it! No one here says they have to.
You are wrong. Let me introduce you to the forum rules (which are available at the top of the forum thread):

Originally Posted by https://www.i-club.com/forums/general-tech-how-tos-installations-215/announcement32-new-site-rules/ on 04-15-2007
2. Before posting a question, please conduct a search for an answer.
13. Our tech forums are here to answer important technical questions pertaining to the Subaru model line. The quality of the content is very important, thus questions lacking technical merit will either be deleted or moved.
No one says we have to, we can't force people to give us answers. We can only hope that they would be willing to take the very valuable time out of their busy days to contribute to the knowledge available through this forum. When you muddy the waters with garbage questions you are ruining this resource for all of the other forum members.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:18 PM
Technical Know-It-All

Car Info: '02 WRX + '15 WRX
Check out ST coils...that's what I plan on running next. I've heard nothing but good reviews.
They don't make ST coilovers for his model year. In my recommendation I told him to get KW V1s, which is essentially what STs are. Good coilovers for his generation WRX cost more than they do for GD WRXs.

I've been posting advice for a decade now on various Subaru forums. This isn't anything new. Welcome to humanity.

And people wonder why a lot of old timers are cynical and short tempered.

Quick Reply: 2 Questions For Coilovers