Hamburger stand meet

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 04:24 PM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Drives, Dinners, and Dyno's: RMIC Events

As ANOTHER measure to increase views, traffic, and such here I have decided to start a Events thread, where we can get some gettogethers going. This, along with the Spotted thread and the Rally-x schedule, and anything else we need up (important threads) will be Stickied once I become the mod of this section (which alex says will be in the next week.

Hopefully I can corrdinate these events with the ClubWRX and NASIOC ones too. ANyways, if you want a meet, and are willing to host it or just want to judge the intrest in a drive post it up here and the intrest can be judged.
Cheers
-Jeff

Just a little FYI - I myself will be able to corrdinate a little bit, but I will not be able to attend many, if any untill at least September because of a VERY buisy next few months (europe storming the Autobahn and such for a month plus a lot of acutally important things ) So, basically if you want some help with some online corrdinating I can do it but helping at the meets can't be my part untill this fall.
Old 02-24-2004, 05:59 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 CGM WRX Wagon
One vote for interested. I may not be able to help much in coordinating an event, but I would love to be a part of it!
Old 02-24-2004, 07:41 AM

Car Info: 2004 Impreza WRX
Count me in too
Old 02-26-2004, 10:09 AM

Does Anyone ever go to the hamburger stand on 2nd and Union on Sunday nights. There is always an import car show there. I know the guy that puts it on and hes really cool.

Maybe we should plan on seting up a day for all of our subarus to take this show over and show the Honda guys, and the mustangs who think they are imports up.

Let me know if youre interested, or to set up a specific day.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:38 AM

Originally posted by wrx21
Does Anyone ever go to the hamburger stand on 2nd and Union on Sunday nights. There is always an import car show there. I know the guy that puts it on and hes really cool.

Maybe we should plan on seting up a day for all of our subarus to take this show over and show the Honda guys, and the mustangs who think they are imports up.

Let me know if youre interested, or to set up a specific day.
I've been there because its right down the street from me (I live at Jewel and Kipling) but not recently with my own car. It is pretty fun though becasue once and a while there are some kick *** cars there. PM me if your going any time soon and I might be able to meet you there.
CHeers
-Jeff
Old 02-26-2004, 12:18 PM
VIP Member

That's way out east past Kipling, right? It's kind of a trek for me (I'm in Aurora), but I'm down to meet other Subies out there. PM me and let me know if you're going and I will meet you out there...
Old 02-26-2004, 01:42 PM

VRWRX - Yeah, its the Simms/Union exit off of 6th Ave, the first exit after Kipling. - do you know of any other good car shows out east? I know that Sonics have them too, but theres usually just muscle cars there.

Well it looks like we have 3 cars so far maybe we should set it up for March 7th. That ways we can try to get a couple of other cars in the mean time.

Let Me Know
-John
Old 02-26-2004, 02:51 PM

Car Info: Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
I'd be up for it about 2 Sundays from now or 3 Sundays-I'll be back in Aurora from Ft. Collins for Spring Break. I have a friend with a Suby that'd probably go too. Let's do this, fellas!:banana:
Old 02-26-2004, 05:18 PM

May or may not be able to make it... ill check my schedule. It would be great to get everyone together for the first I-club meet!
Old 02-26-2004, 05:43 PM

Originally posted by wrx21
Well it looks like we have 3 cars so far maybe we should set it up for March 7th. That ways we can try to get a couple of other cars in the mean time.

Let Me Know
-John
I know a few who I could maybe contact and get there. I havnt been there in a while, so remind me the times when it starts and such. I know a lot of people go and Street race (so stupid ) afterward.
Cheers
-Jeff
Old 02-27-2004, 07:30 AM

I don't know Exactly when it starts but i've always shown up around 9:00 and its usually pretty crowded by then, maybe we should plan on meeting a little earlier so we can all get parking spots in the same area.

Sunday, March 7th??? <-- I just kind of threw this out there, if theres a better day for anyone let me know, also if this works for you too..
Old 02-27-2004, 09:37 AM

We could possibly do a Auto show - dinner - Hamburger stand meet. I know I want to go to the show and it would be cool to do that. Maybe meet at the Colleseum at 4? Then dinner? I dont know... we'll just have to see!
Cheers
-Jeff
Old 02-27-2004, 10:25 AM

Car Info: Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
March 7 I'll still be in school, so it won't work. March 14th would work perfect for me. Realized that's the only Sunday I can do it, since March 21st I have to come back to Ft. Collins for school.
Old 03-01-2004, 11:59 AM
VIP Member

Any Sunday is good for me. Just let me know the exact date/time/meeting place and I can probably make it. I have a buddy who just bought an '04 Rex and he would probably be down to see some others fixed up. Let me know.

The auto show would be a good idea too. I'd be down for that...

Quick Reply: Hamburger stand meet