Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

Official N/A exhaust thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 08:56 PM

Car Info: '06 black 2.5i
I got the '06 RS... anyone know how the HKS-Hi Power exhaust sounds on this? I would have to buy the exhaust w/o the pipes from HKS because they don't make the full cat to exhaust yet.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:35 AM

Car Info: monster truck
What N1 style "cat-back" exhaust bolts right up to the 05 RS?
Old 02-06-2006, 05:04 PM

Car Info: imp wagon
Originally Posted by boogieman
Does anybody know if the exhaust is different on the 06 wagon 2.5i?

Thnx for the help in advance
bump, anyone tried any aftermarket 02-05s catbacks on a 06 yet?

edit: got word from boxer4racing, 06 mid-pipe and cat flange are different than 02-05s. awaiting new design from stromung.

Last edited by SG2.5i; 02-21-2006 at 09:28 AM.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:24 PM

My 2005 Scoobie Impreza 2.5RS with a straight-pipe STi axleback.

Never post pics before, but imma try,

If it doesnt work, look here:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2295837/1

Hopes it shows up...

darn, it doesnt work, Can someone PM me the html code to make these pics show up? grrrrrrrr....
Attached Thumbnails Official N/A exhaust thread-exhaust2.jpg  
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
exhaust6.jpg (347.3 KB, 168 views)
exhaust1.jpg (322.5 KB, 148 views)
scoobie7.jpg (333.2 KB, 158 views)

Last edited by Def_Jam; 03-17-2006 at 12:48 PM.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:03 AM

Car Info: 2000 Impreza L sport Wag.
Ok guys! Ive just picked up a Catback WRX exhaust for my 2000 GF8 (wagon for those who don't know) and I went into a local shop yesterday and the guy said without alot of modification he couldn't make it fit. From what I have read all that needed to be done was reversing one of the flanges but the flange that meets the cat was a bit larger than the stock cat flange. Ok so have any of you guys been able to get this exhaust on their newer Impreza 97-01. Ohh and by adding on a borla header would I not be able to pass smog here in california? The shop guy said a few months ago he could make a custom 2.25in exhaust for around $230 or so. I might just end up selling the WRX exhaust I got and put on the custom one. What do you people think? Money is a limiter too!
Old 06-05-2006, 09:31 PM

Car Info: '05 Impreza Outback Sport ~ "WTF! Two-Toned?"
Thumbs up So, if you want a quiet N/A system ~ I got it.

It seems most of the post for exhaust systems are looking for a nice sound without a loud *ss kick.

Well, I am running Borla headers and an SPT cat back at the moment (stock cats). I wanted to find out how loud this alone would be, before I decide to go to HF or Race Pipe...

This thing is HUSHED. You can hear the boxer notes, but very tame (even under load). From inside the car the idle is a nice low burble ~ and under throttle (with rear window open) it might be 10-15% louder then OEM!

The increase of throttle response and torque with these two mods can be felt on the butt dyno. The car revs super clean and loves to be between 3500 and 6000rpm.

I'm telling you, nobody in my 'hood' will know anything has changed... just fine with me.

What that says to me is, with a track pipe and an 18" resonator in the center pipe... I will be sounding good, but not loud at all running an HF or track pipe... my goal all along.

But I believe and going one piece at a time. Have to walk backwards a whole lot less while modding my cars!

The exhaust looks great out the back. Full polish, but single tip stealth 4" ~ only a Suby head would know it's not OEM. Not that I really care here in Oregon. But you CA guys may want to note that this set-up is 50 state legal and is a good increase along with the header. And whisper quiet in the current set up.. not a bust at ALL!.

The axle back SPT is NOT cheap. My price is cost +10% and it was still $310 (shipped of course). But it is made by Bosal with A+ fit, polish and finish!

Last edited by NW OBS; 06-05-2006 at 09:40 PM.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:49 PM

Car Info: 06 impreza 2.5i
Originally Posted by NW OBS

The axle back SPT is NOT cheap. My price is cost +10% and it was still $310 (shipped of course). But it is made by Bosal with A+ fit, polish and finish!
Besides sound, could you feel any improvements in peformance? I was thinking of buying the SPT axle back but I'm trying to wait if Borla can come up w/ a cat back. And yeah, that thing is freakin expensive.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:10 AM

Car Info: '05 Impreza Outback Sport ~ "WTF! Two-Toned?"
Thumbs up Spt

Originally Posted by nightraven086
Besides sound, could you feel any improvements in peformance? I was thinking of buying the SPT axle back but I'm trying to wait if Borla can come up w/ a cat back. And yeah, that thing is freakin expensive.
The 'rumble' at rest (idle) is much lower and louder (by just a bit). You can also here the boxer notes (subtle), but I also have the Borla header on. Yes, it runs smoother and revs quicker. I doubt a single pony came along with it ~ but everything works in harmony on my car. Everyone who rides/drives the car (other salesmen, techs, friends) feels the willingness to rev and s-m-o-o-t-h at any RPM. Picked up about 2 mpg along with the Borla/SPT swap.

*** BTW ~ The Borla they have NOW will fit up to an '05... if I recall right, they have one hanger that is in the wrong spot, but everyone uses all the others and it works just fine. If you are running a Borla Header, it will sound like a machine gun ~ for good or bad. ***

Last edited by NW OBS; 06-23-2006 at 10:13 AM.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:53 PM

Car Info: 2005 Impreza 2.5RS
Hey guys, im looking to get a exhaust for my 2005 2.5RS Impreza

Went to my local Mieneke today and one guy knew what he was talking about and the others didn't (guy had only been working there 3 days, had no say in anything, felt bad for him). Anyways, i think im going to go with the crush bent 2.5" from the cat back. But i have a few questions.

1) The manager said the guy that does the bending wasn't in today, but he said with that wicked bend close to the muffler it would be $$$. Is there a way to avoid this?

2) Should i buy an ebay muffler for them to put on the end? Is it going to sound too ricey? (high pitched, weedwacker effect)

3) They had magnaflow mufflers there, should i use that, or is that going to give a bad sound to it?

Any other advice would be great guys, i have a few days to look into this because the bender isn't back in town til sunday Please help!
Old 06-29-2006, 04:54 AM

Car Info: '06 Impreza SportWagon
Originally Posted by Creatre3
Anyways, i think im going to go with the crush bent 2.5" from the cat back. But i have a few questions.

2) Should i buy an ebay muffler for them to put on the end? Is it going to sound too ricey? (high pitched, weedwacker effect)

Any other advice would be great guys, i have a few days to look into this because the bender isn't back in town til sunday Please help!
2)El Cheapo muffler will probably sound that way.

Other advice? If you want to do it right, stay away from the crush benders. FInd someone with a mandrel bender so you keep a consistent inside diameter. If all you want is sound, then crush bent will be ok. Remember that exhausts are like anything else, you get what you pay for. As the saying goes.....Speed costs money, how fast can you afford to go?
Old 06-29-2006, 06:36 AM

Car Info: 2005 Impreza 2.5RS
Originally Posted by grifter
2)El Cheapo muffler will probably sound that way.

Other advice? If you want to do it right, stay away from the crush benders. FInd someone with a mandrel bender so you keep a consistent inside diameter. If all you want is sound, then crush bent will be ok. Remember that exhausts are like anything else, you get what you pay for. As the saying goes.....Speed costs money, how fast can you afford to go?
I'm not looking to get any improvement w/ this, just sound. I realize the crush bender will probably not be the best route, but its by far the cheapest. I will be upgrading to a different car in a year or so, just looking for something i can get by with!
Old 07-30-2006, 12:05 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Does anyone know if a 2.5RS (98-01) catback will fit for a '97 Impreza L?

I am currently looking for a catback. Any recommendations?
Old 08-14-2006, 08:49 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
I currently have a Borla header (bought at car show, can't post price), Random Tech cat pipe (got used $200), stock '01 RS midpipe and ScoobySport axleback. It is WAY too loud, to the point where I am worried about getting pulled over whenever I drive.

I am considering 2 options now. First, having a shop build me a custom mid-pipe with the biggest resonator they can fit. If it's still too loud, I will hunt down an STi axleback and have them mod it to fit. It's so loud it's embarrassing... Sets off car alarms like crazy. Seriously attracts attention. I love the Scoobysport mostly for it's sentimental value, but I am thinking it's gotta go. I would like to replace it with a 12258 Magnaflow 1 in/2 out painted flat black. Just not sure how loud that would be too...
Old 08-25-2006, 09:15 PM

Car Info: 2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i
Hi everyone, new here, my name is Alan, I own a 2006 Subaru 2.5i, or rs, lol.

Hey, really quick question. I am trying to get an exhaust for my car in time for the NOPI Nationals in GA. I was looking at HKS and Blitz, just the mufflers because I haven't seen them in full exhausts.

Blitz give the option of 70mm or 80mm piping sizes.

HKS Ti gives the option of 60mm and 75mm piping sizes.

Can anyone help me out on which would be the best sizes for my car? Please, thanks, I have been looking everywhere for the last 4 months with little luck. I figure this is my best place. I heard that the Blitz is loud as hell, thats why I am also looking at HKS. Thanks.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:16 AM

Car Info: 06 Subaru Impreza 2.5i
does stock 06 wrx muffler fit an 06 2.5i ?? I think they're both 2.5 inches... not too sure. anyone know? and also, anyone know any bolt on mufflers that will fit an 06 2.5i?

Quick Reply: Official N/A exhaust thread