Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

Official N/A exhaust thread

Old 02-03-2005, 05:51 PM

Car Info: Subaru 2.5 RS 2001
Borla Headers

Hi all, reading and all, ppl said that the borla headers tend to crack. Wodner why..

Anyways I found these Borla headers at www.renickmotorsports.com

http://www.renickmotorsports.com/osc...products_id=34

but they are for a 2.5L would they fit the RS...any difference between the RS and L engines?

Also found these in eBay....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...951619073&rd=1

All the headers I've seen all look alike....

Thanx,

Last edited by sebtarta; 02-03-2005 at 06:01 PM.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:21 PM

Car Info: 98 Impreza Outback Sport
That's weird... there's no such thing as a 2.5L, as least that I know of (maybe they mean 2.5 Liter). The double-port models work with the 2.5RS, and the single ports are the most common application for the 2.2L

I think the double port ones are more notorious for cracking, but that just may be cause there's more of them out there. I have single port borlas on my 2.2, and they haven't cracked yet (superstition can lick my ***) I don't know about the Ebay ones, all I've seen is people asking if they should get them or not.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:43 AM

HAHAHA i feel like a noob.... 'L' is for litre i believe but still who knows.

Also what is a good diameter for the headers?
Thanx,
Old 03-02-2005, 08:30 AM

Question

ok im looking for exhaust for my 2005 RS

i had a 2004 wrx with blitz nur spec on it.... LOVED IT.... its gone tho time to move on

i want to put on a header and a catback but i have no clue what is good and what sounds good and where to buy it?

so
what is a good header/catback
where to buy it online?
Old 03-04-2005, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by 12y4n
ok im looking for exhaust for my 2005 RS

i had a 2004 wrx with blitz nur spec on it.... LOVED IT.... its gone tho time to move on

i want to put on a header and a catback but i have no clue what is good and what sounds good and where to buy it?

so
what is a good header/catback
where to buy it online?

well one of the best places to get everything is www.boxer4racing.com, try also www.z1auto.com
Good luck,
Old 03-09-2005, 09:02 AM

Car Info: '01 Imp Wagon Silver, 17" silver OZ P7's
I have a borla header, a random tech cat, a borla catback, and a DIY cold air/plenum delete intake. My car has about 107,000 on the clock, and it ate it's self, the first people who looked at it told me that I had burnt a vavle and the resulting loss of compression caused the valve to break, causing my piston to turn into little pieces. I'm kind of at a loss for how this could be, because judging by the blackness on my rear bumper, and the lack of mileage I was getting I would have figured that it was running rich. Oh.. just before this happened, the dealer had hooked it up to clear codes, after the replacement of my cam sensor, and it said the cat was working at only partial effiecency, would this also cause the computer to try to run a little richer to counter it?? I know my little bit of knowledge is probably more dangerous than my lack of knowledge. I'm also wondering if anyone has heard of problems whit 2.2's and the #2 cyclinder, as that's the one that went on my engine, and the motor I bought to replace it with has a compression problem on the #2 (not known untill I had it in the car), just wondering..
Old 03-09-2005, 10:33 AM

Car Info: '01 Imp Wagon Silver, 17" silver OZ P7's
I wrapped the header, the cat-back and intake have been on since Feb. of `03 and the cat went on in December of `04, then the header at the begining of January. I wrapped the header from the start, I was going to wrap the cat section too, but didn't realize how much was needed. And had been working so much that I hadn't gotten anymore. I was actually headed to the Autobarn to get more when it crapped.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:22 AM

Car Info: 94 imprezza
im looking at getting borla headers for my car and flowed by a Stromung Exhaust cat back system and a High flow cat pipe.
question 1 how good will it sound
2 will it fit my 94 1.8 non turbo L sedan
Old 06-07-2005, 07:10 AM

Car Info: 99 OBS
Talking brospeed exhaust from SPT and K&N filter

I placed an spt exhaust - made from brospeed for subaru's spt products - and a k/n filter in the stock air box in my 99 obs. minor changes, but i noticed that the engine breathes easier at the higher rpms. i have gotten about 2-3 mpg more with the swaps and it no longer runs out of breath, but actually races to the redline - almost like a vtec engine - and pulls with authority. the system isn't too loud and actually civilized for those that want something with a little rumble, but quiet for around town use. at the higher rpms, the engine shows it's true nature and that rumble turns into almost like a scream. i had the exhaust and filter in my car since 2001 - 60,000 miles later it is still going strong - some surface rust is noted at the part where the exhaust connects to the midpipe and i hadn't have to replace the air filter for 5 years - only give it a good cleaning about once a year.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:18 PM

Car Info: 2000 impreza 2.5 rs
I have a 00rs with a borla header, wrx cat back, and a chepo rice cannon muffler. right now it is borderline too loud, the catless section is on the way , im affraid that the catless section will be too loud if that is the case i might throw in a dino max muffler (one of the slight pipe offset ones). I love the sound.. makes it sound like a 3rd gen firbird just a bit more shallow. Its hott!!

Old 07-31-2005, 08:26 AM

Car Info: 98 Impreza Outback Sport
Originally Posted by cudaeh
I have a 00rs with a borla header, wrx cat back, and a chepo rice cannon muffler. right now it is borderline too loud, the catless section is on the way , im affraid that the catless section will be too loud if that is the case i might throw in a dino max muffler (one of the slight pipe offset ones). I love the sound.. makes it sound like a 3rd gen firbird just a bit more shallow. Its hott!!
Nice, and I bet it sounds decent, but I think it would look 10x better with a stock WRX dual tip muffler (or the straight-thru equivalent).

...what cat section did you get?
Old 07-31-2005, 10:50 AM

Car Info: 2000 impreza 2.5 rs
I had the wrx can on it for a while and didnt care for the sound... it looked good but too quiet!

the first zip file is an mp3 of inside my car with the windows down making a run from 0 to 50mph. the second is the car pulling up and stopping ... the sound quality is crap but you get the idea...
i picked up the Stromung track pipe from renickmotorsports.com
Attached Files
File Type: zip
wrx50mphrun.zip (190.7 KB, 102 views)
File Type: zip
wrxdriveup.zip (262.5 KB, 60 views)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official N/A exhaust thread