Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

Help !! 2005 2.5rs engine tapping. I want to fix it. Help.!! Will pay :) !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 12:16 AM

Car Info: 2011 wrx
Help !! 2005 2.5rs engine tapping. I want to fix it. Help.!! Will pay :) !!

Help help.! 2.5rs engine tapping- any one have knowledge of fix?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have 2005 2.5rs impreza non turbo engine

my engine started making tapping sound. getting louder as i drive more. so parked it and never touched it. when im driving about 30mph it sounds like my fender liner plastic piece is lose and tapping my fender or rubbing tire tapping sound alike.. at higher rpm is faster. Now at neutral 1000rpm still taps. when it started it didnt make noise at 1000rpm. but now it does.. tap tap tap tap tap tap.........

I have went to couple of shops, one shop told me he requests changing the motor.
Other shop told me needs rebuild.. so thats rebuilding cost+new parts costs what ever it might be wrong from opening up the engine... very costly

Exactly the sound comes from driver side bottom of the engine.
not 100% sure what it can be.. one mechanic saids maybe broken piston ring - i dont know anything....

Im looking to fix / repair / replace / swap.. whatever i must do to make it run again. not looking to spend fortune so better to stick with non turbo since all my setup is already 2.5rs - transmission ecu etc.. just want simple swap or rebuild to make it run again.

trying to fix this cheapest possible.

Some guy on craigslist told me he has 2001 impreza engine he can replace for me that has blown head gasket.
he just told me to give him my current motor i have now to swap out the gasket and such things..+500 for his labor. but i think his full of sh*t who dosent even know how to spell subaru... so thats garbage.

im trying to have someone who has knowledge of what their doing.!!
no funny buisness here.

i can pay you for what you ve done.! not a problem. long as my car runs good with no problem

I dont know what to do. im in panic. please. please some one help.!!!

let me know quote if possible.

if you like to come see my car first ... im in san ramon.

mobile is better. if not i can have it towed if you come see the car first and can give me some kind of quote that is some what set.

let me know asap. pls.!!

please dont recommend shops.. point is im trying to find someone to fix it. this car cant be driven around too much. will just get worse.

please help.!!!!!!!!!!!

kyword: subaru subarus repair repairing swap swapping turbo turbos sti stis wrx wrxs ej25 ej25de forester foresters xt legacy legacys imprezas impreza 2.5rs rs 2.5 subarus subaru rebuilding rebuild fix fixing exhaust turbos turbo 2004 2002 203 05 04 03 02 06 07 awd
Old 05-18-2015, 05:27 PM

Car Info: 2008 Impreza
Mine just did the same. I drive an '08 2.5i.. Check your oil. I know I might just be wasting time, but mine must of blown a seal or piston ring without me even noticing. No blue or black smoke, or anything. If it is a lower end, more of a knock(sounds just like Woody the Woodpecker), its either a connecting rod or main bearing, and will suggest just getting a new motor because it will cost alot more to have someone diagnosis the problem, then order parts, then have a mechanic rebuild it/ machine shop mess with it. I go to Wyotech for automotive, and every instructor/master tech I've asked about mine has said the motor is junk now because I either threw a rod or spun a bearing. Your case could be different depending on the "tap" sound though. Also, I can tell you that guy on craigslist is full of it..don't go with him. Anyway good luck man.