Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

07 2.5i with WRX hood?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 04:59 PM

Car Info: 2006 Impreza 2.5i
hahahaha that's funny
Old 03-12-2007, 04:22 AM

Car Info: 2006 2.0i
https://www.i-club.com/forums/attach...chmentid=49991

been using it for almost a year now, and not a single problem with rain or car washes or anything. i know it looks wannabe, but i think it adds a bit more aggression to the front end of the car.

Last edited by n0cigar; 03-12-2007 at 04:27 AM.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:42 AM

Car Info: 2007 2.5i
Honestly why did you not just buy a wrx? I know its a little more expensive because I was in your same shoes. I bought a 2.5i and wanted to put the scoop on along with the STI spoiler and do all this other stuff. The only problem was
A. its a wannabe
B. car doesnt go fast (sorry but it doesnt compare to a lot of cars)
C. with the money i'm putting into the car why not just use that money and buy an older WRX or a newer WRX TR? I ended up trading in my 06 for an 07 WRX and it has everything that i wanted in the first place.

I would say it up can't pick up a WRX save your money for something to make the car look good like slamming it or maybe an exhaust system. Either way it will help the looks and the drive.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:07 AM

Car Info: 2007 Impreza 2.5 se
I was totally agreeing that this is way past ricerish (thank you for your input guys) until i saw Nocigars ride.. BRO.. NICE CAR!!!

Anyways.. i have come to a conclusion...I will only put on a hood with a scoop once i drop in an STI engine (which will be in about 4 years lol)

Thanks for all your input!
Old 03-12-2007, 03:03 PM

Car Info: 2006 2.0i
Originally Posted by mothman331
Honestly why did you not just buy a wrx? I know its a little more expensive because I was in your same shoes. I bought a 2.5i and wanted to put the scoop on along with the STI spoiler and do all this other stuff. The only problem was
A. its a wannabe
B. car doesnt go fast (sorry but it doesnt compare to a lot of cars)
C. with the money i'm putting into the car why not just use that money and buy an older WRX or a newer WRX TR? I ended up trading in my 06 for an 07 WRX and it has everything that i wanted in the first place.

I would say it up can't pick up a WRX save your money for something to make the car look good like slamming it or maybe an exhaust system. Either way it will help the looks and the drive.
for starters in australia a wrx costs almost double the price of the 2.5i, secondly, since im under 21, insurance rates on a turbo car would be 6x the price of insurance for N/A. thirdly thats an old photo car has new wheels and has been lowered since, with exhaust/intake/ecu and some other goodies.

Last edited by n0cigar; 03-12-2007 at 03:06 PM.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:35 PM

Car Info: 07 impreza 2.5i
i'm actually looking for a stock 06/07 CGM wrx/sti hood for my 2.5i, it just looks better! (it also helps to keep the engine bay cooler at higher speed )
Old 03-14-2007, 04:35 PM

Car Info: Norco 29er Mtn Bike
It would be cool if you could make it work with an intake filter for a "ram air" type set up, I personaly like not having a scoop for visability and a clean not so cop magnet look. That being said adding WRX or STi parts to are cars is like putting soy sauce on white rice it's just SOOO GOOOD LOL!!!
Old 03-16-2007, 01:26 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
1. no, get a wrx hood i loved having the scoop on my 01 rs
2. no rain water ever got in to the engine bay due to the aerodynamic design of the hoods and scoops, just dont be ghetto and cut your stock airbox open to make your scoop "more functional" by putting the airfilter where a stock top mount intercooler goes. i saw it on an rs a few months back, hella ghetto and stupid- rain goes straight to the throttle body....dude was a dumb ***
Old 03-16-2007, 01:28 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Urban_Grey_2.5
It would be cool if you could make it work with an intake filter for a "ram air" type set up, I personaly like not having a scoop for visability and a clean not so cop magnet look. That being said adding WRX or STi parts to are cars is like putting soy sauce on white rice it's just SOOO GOOOD LOL!!!
i love having the scoop on my wrx... i cant imagine being scoopless... its pure sex!

oh, and i wouldnt do the ram air thing, you would probably get hella nasty bugs and crap in it. use the scoop to keep the engine bay cooler lol
Old 03-16-2007, 01:28 AM
VIP Member

ill bet you can find an sti guy with a front mount that wants a scoopless hood, you should post in the classifieds on here, iwsti.com, and clubwrx.net
Old 03-16-2007, 03:20 PM

Car Info: 2007 2.5i
Originally Posted by n0cigar
for starters in australia a wrx costs almost double the price of the 2.5i, secondly, since im under 21, insurance rates on a turbo car would be 6x the price of insurance for N/A. thirdly thats an old photo car has new wheels and has been lowered since, with exhaust/intake/ecu and some other goodies.
Actually my comment was not directed towards you but the topic creator. Dont get me wrong though, I actually think your car is pretty sick looking. I saw your pic of your 2.5i and wanted to do sort of the same to my 2.5 but found it to be pretty expensive to do upgrades to it and still fall short to the WRX. I realize that you live in Australia and understand the price of those cars there as I have a buddy who recently just moved to America from Australia. BUT since the topic creator does not live in either of the two countries I would suggest just picking up a WRX if possible. If not I would suggest doing other things then buying a useless hood with a hood scoop to make it look like somthing that its not.

Last edited by mothman331; 03-16-2007 at 03:22 PM.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:22 AM

Car Info: 05 sti / 07 2.5i
Originally Posted by mothman331
Actually my comment was not directed towards you but the topic creator. Dont get me wrong though, I actually think your car is pretty sick looking. I saw your pic of your 2.5i and wanted to do sort of the same to my 2.5 but found it to be pretty expensive to do upgrades to it and still fall short to the WRX. I realize that you live in Australia and understand the price of those cars there as I have a buddy who recently just moved to America from Australia. BUT since the topic creator does not live in either of the two countries I would suggest just picking up a WRX if possible. If not I would suggest doing other things then buying a useless hood with a hood scoop to make it look like somthing that its not.
But its ok to add rims to a car without anyone complaining, or adding mudflaps to a wrx/sti that is never gonna rally, are those cars trying to be something they are not as well?

IMO and thats all this thread is about is opinion is do what you want to your car seriously everyime i see someone say buy a wrx to someone who bought a 2.5 or buy an STI to someone who bought a wrx it makes me sad, if they wanted or could have afforded the higher model im sure they would have bought it. I bought a 2.5i because i already own a STI and yes i will buy a CF hood, i've already lowered the car and have a lip kit and im not trying to make it be a wannabe (which is a stupid thing to say) im just trying to make it look how i want to make it look i really could care less what anyone thinks.

Public roads are just that public i like to drive my car to and from and look good doing it, the speed limit is the same everywhere how cool must you be to make sure you hit the speed limit as fast as you can? or race the 16 year old in the honda? I dont think anyone buys a 2.5 thinking its a race car.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:53 PM

Car Info: 2006 Impreza 2.5i
It's not a race car?!!!!!!!!!!!! . haha :P
Old 03-23-2007, 10:49 PM

Car Info: Scooby
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by n0cigar

Nice car mate!
Old 03-12-2014, 09:11 AM

Car Info: 07 2.5i swap
Originally Posted by 07impreza
are you serious? i WANT to have an sti, why dont i go buy one? because i cant afford it man. but other than that i really just like the look. i havent decided yet if its worth putting one on though just for the look. didnt they used to come stock on the n/a's? but i have to agree with pope 06 for the fact that we dont have the top mounts so performance wise it doesnt really help. i guess it just depends on what the driver likes
it's your car you do what you want who cares what other people think. I did a engine and tyranny swap got a deal I couldn't resist. Every ones like just buy a wrx ok then you pay my ins and it still cost less then a wrx. Do do what you want

Quick Reply: 07 2.5i with WRX hood?