Engine/Power - EJ25T (STI and 2006+ WRX) Discussions about the USDM 2006+ WRX and WRX STi 2.5 liter turbo flat-four.

Timing Belt Ripped

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 04:19 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX STI
Originally Posted by 02RS25
Niiice! Not a bad idea! Ya, despite subaru engine being just like any other 4stroke, there some minor differences that will make u wanna toss a wrench... I.e, on inline and Vs, you gotta split bottom end and caps before removing piston. Subaru, u HAVE to remove piston before splitting block. What got me the most that ill save u trouble with. Main and rod bearing oil clearances! NORMALY, FSMs provide oil clearancesc given in a total amount (both sides of crank added together) subaru gives u clearances for one side. This is because we have flat fours where oil is coming in from BOTH side of bearings as opposed to just one side on inline and V type. Subaru engines are really quite easy with ebough practice. Ive never rebuilt subaru before this feb. Since then ive built 5. Lol. Goodluck with proj! And I suggest upgrading yo allen head oil separator bolts!
Hey I got a question I'm not sure what valves to go with for my heads Brian Crower Valves, Or GSC Valves.. I never heard of GSC so maybe you can give me some Info on them??
Old 12-21-2013, 04:45 PM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza RS, 2005 Impreza RS-20K
Originally Posted by SubieSTI209
Hey I got a question I'm not sure what valves to go with for my heads Brian Crower Valves, Or GSC Valves.. I never heard of GSC so maybe you can give me some Info on them??
Truth be told, I havent really veered much from OEM engine parts. Unfortunately im not the one to ask regarding differences between different products out there. If you need help installing and timing, that I can help you out. Lol. Sorry bud. But im sure someone wil chime in hete soon enough. GL!