Engine/Power - EJ25T (STI and 2006+ WRX) Discussions about the USDM 2006+ WRX and WRX STi 2.5 liter turbo flat-four.

P0441 code on my 07 WRX, WHY?

Old 01-28-2011, 08:48 AM

Car Info: WRX
P0441 code on my 07 WRX, WHY?

P0441- Evaporative Emissision incorrect purge flow

What does this mean? Where could the problem be? anyone else had this? My 06 service manual doesn't even list it, only a P0442 and up. I checked the gas cap by the way, it's not that.

Did a walbro fuel pump install and tgv deletes where I took off my intake manifold. Everything else works, no boost leaks anywhere. Got it tuned. Everything is good, except when just cruising I randomly throw this code.

I also can't find, for the life of me, the evap purge solenoid. Any help on locating this would be great to.

TIA
Old 01-28-2011, 05:14 PM

Car Info: 2016 STI
The evap has to do with the charcoal canister in the back of the car. There are a couple of valves involved with this thing. The one i'm thinking it could be, since you took off the manifold, is the one that hooks on the front of the intake manifold. There is a little valve right in the vicinity where the turbo inlet goes from the front of the engine - under the manifold - to the turbo. if your standing in front of the car you should see the valve on the left side of the motor right by the turbo inlet, front part of the intake manifold.

Otherwise you gonna be at the meet on Saturday in Turlock? I should be there if i remember, lol. i can show you then or look at it then. All the hoses for that valve are confusing to try and explain in text.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:36 AM

Hmmm...threw the code again today while cruising to school. Been driving for about 20min before it came on. Outside temp was 29* and I was cruising in fifth around 50mph...similar to the last time I threw it. It only seems to come on when cruising in fifth.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:42 AM

Car Info: 07 rs STi swapped Rotated BW S200SX-56
Any chance this could be related to the smog pump removal? I am wanting to do this same mod soon. Did you find out what is causing this code?
Old 02-11-2011, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by DerekB707
Any chance this could be related to the smog pump removal? I am wanting to do this same mod soon. Did you find out what is causing this code?
It would have either been from the intake manifold removal or related to the charcoal box in the back. I think when I got tuned and they took off my tow hook they accidentally jiggled one of the canister hoses. I put jiggled them back a little and it hasn't come on since. I'll update if it does happen again though.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:22 PM

Car Info: 06' 280whp/300wtq pig nose and 05' porsche cayenne
I have been having the same problem with my car. For the past 8 months...the stupid code is annoying. It also came on after I put in new pe 850cc injectors, I just ordered a new purge solenoid so I'll keep u posted if that cures it...and I also changed the gasket on the fuel tank like my tuner told me and it didn't work...
Old 02-25-2011, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by grewal06
I have been having the same problem with my car. For the past 8 months...the stupid code is annoying. It also came on after I put in new pe 850cc injectors, I just ordered a new purge solenoid so I'll keep u posted if that cures it...and I also changed the gasket on the fuel tank like my tuner told me and it didn't work...
Damn, at least i'm not the only one. I threw it again a couple days ago. It also comes up when i'm cruising on the highway to. I'm really confused on it. My tuner didn't even know much about it.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:17 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by snowflow
Damn, at least i'm not the only one. I threw it again a couple days ago. It also comes up when i'm cruising on the highway to. I'm really confused on it. My tuner didn't even know much about it.
This one of the more difficult DTCs to diagnose, so its understandable that the tuner would have difficulties.
After verifying that there are no leaks between the fuel tank and intake manifold, connect the green test connectors, turn the car on/run, and make sure all of he components are making noise.
If they all work, it is most likely the two valves on top of the fuel tank.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:29 AM

I suspect it may be on the fuel tank. I just need to get around to taking out the seats to access it.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:38 PM

evap purge valve is the culprit. It's sending that noise directly into the inlet tube. When I pull the hose between the inlet and the valve off the sound resonates out of it very strongly. My guess is that the solenoid is stuck.

How much does a new one roughly cost?
Can the valve be repaired?