Engine/Power - EJ25T (STI and 2006+ WRX) Discussions about the USDM 2006+ WRX and WRX STi 2.5 liter turbo flat-four.

My 11' Sti is RUINED!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 02:07 PM

Car Info: 2011 Subaru WRX STI HB
My 11' Sti is RUINED!

I have an aem intake, Crawford performance downpipe, crawford performance axleback exhaust. I got the maps to install now but the car runs crazy. When I first started the car and tried to let out in first it super bogged even with me like a 1/4 on the throttle so I pulled in the clutch like WTF an then the engine knocked. I turned off the car and started it again and it let out okay. Then later I went to pull in a spot and didnt get in far enough so popped it back in first. When I slowlyyy let out the clutch and gave it some gas to pull in further it almost stalled (i know how to drive stick) and then when I pushed the clutch in the engine knocked. I tried to pull in the spot twice more with the same thing happening including the engine knock before I was finally able to get in the spot.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:08 PM

GimmeTQ
Lurker
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My:*Subaru Parts for sale

Re: cobb tuner!!!
Oh and the cobb ap threw up the tire pressure low light and the hill assist off light too which is STILL on. The ap can't find the code errors to take them off. The cruise control light also came on momentarily but is now off.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Da Brit.

Car Info: http://tinyurl.com/3vo4362
did you have a question? If you are in San Jose, might want to call GST or another local shop. Don't try to drive it. I wouldn't even idle it until a limp map/stock map is back on there.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:14 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Uninstall the map and make an appointment with GST. I haven't dealt with Cobb for ages, but I remember back in the day the maps were NOT approved for use with ANY intakes besides stock.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:25 PM

Car Info: 2004 WW Evo RS
You don't need a CAI for a stock turbo car! The airbox is more then enuff for that turbo! Take the CAI off, it's pointless and causes issues. You try running the car with stock airbox on the car?
Old 06-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Da Brit.

Originally Posted by SeaOfGreen
You don't need a CAI for a stock turbo car! The airbox is more then enuff for that turbo! Take the CAI off, it's pointless and causes issues. You try running the car with stock airbox on the car?
this.

You getting any CEL?
did you remember to plug your maf back in?
doesnt help to overdramatize. Your car is not ruined. You just may now have to pay to get it rectified. Might wanna read up on what you are doing before you do it. There are a million i-club posts about the lack of need for intake with stock turbo.. even on STi.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:39 PM

Car Info: 335i & S1000RR
My car has been running fine for a year with the AEM intake running a COBB map.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:40 PM

Cobb has a map now specifically for an aem intake. I wouldn't have put one on otherwise. No dramatization here. What I typed is what happened and it does feel ruined, even though not permanently. In my eyes if you have to pay money to get something fixed on your BRAND NEW car it's bad. Just stupid really. My car was fine till I loaded that map. Bull$hit..
Old 06-03-2011, 02:41 PM

And what the f&@? Could possibly be wrong with my car is the question.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Da Brit.

see post 6. report the outcome.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:48 PM

Car Info: 335i & S1000RR
Originally Posted by GimmeTQ
Cobb has a map now specifically for an aem intake. I wouldn't have put one on otherwise. No dramatization here. What I typed is what happened and it does feel ruined, even though not permanently. In my eyes if you have to pay money to get something fixed on your BRAND NEW car it's bad. Just stupid really. My car was fine till I loaded that map. Bull$hit..
I'd try reflashing the map again. Are you sure you chose the correct map(Stage 2 91 ACN + AEM)? Did you let the car run for a minute before trying to drive off? Somebody mentioned your MAF. You should definitely double check that. If you handled it too much and got it dirty that could even cause issues.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Da Brit.

I think there is a map checksum which happens when you upload a map to the AP so i doubt its a corrupted file, but you could also re-download the map and replace the one on the AP with a fresh copy.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:05 PM

Car Info: 2004 WW Evo RS
Originally Posted by Four vs Two
My car has been running fine for a year with the AEM intake running a COBB map.
That's great, most people have issues still with that map! A CAI is pointless, on a car with a stock turbo! That's what people do when they mod there Honda's, let's install a CAI.......
Old 06-03-2011, 03:08 PM
Da Brit.

That's great, most people have issues still with that map! A CAI is pointless, on a car with a stock turbo! That's what people do when they mod there Honda's, let's install a CAI.......
Old 06-03-2011, 03:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
I think we had to mention making sure your test connectors were connected in your other thread. Do we need to mention now making sure they are DISconnected?

Quick Reply: My 11' Sti is RUINED!