You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
Okay, I've been searching and I've found tons of good info. The only problem is I have no clue what is going on! All I can say is the car was driving fine this morning, this afternoon while driving home I had to suddenly accelerate to take my exit, boost was still normal. Got off freway and stopped at light, light turns green and I noticed that my car is only boosting 5-6psi. Next light I take off a bit hard to check it out again and only 5-6psi till 5000rpm then POW 18psi till redline...I checked all hoses and everything if fine, my car has been in its current state for a few months w/no problems. I'm thinking the wastegate might have been stuck??? anyone have this happen to them?
Here are some things I tried in ruling out such problems before confirming I needed to port the wastegate. (I'm not saying you need to port, since I dunno if vf22s suffer the same problems that vf34s do... anyhow...).
- With the car off, put a compressor to the actuator and see if it moves. Just give it the normal absolute pressures you'd find coming out of your compressor under boost... so like 20 to 30 PSI. The actuator arm should move forward and you prolly could hear the gate snap shut when you cut the pressure. If the actuator arm doesn't move, the actuator is prolly faulty
- borrow someones working stock solenoid. very easy to remove and install. if the problem goes away, your solenoid is prolly the culprit.
- if the actual flapper of the gate was broken, you probably pushed it out your 3" tail pipe
Just wanted to thank you guys for all the good info....
Found out the problem!! It was from the TXS receric BOV that came with the FMIC. The little valve inside was stuck, I noticed this while I was taking off the piping to make room so I could get to the turbo. So I took off the BOV completly apart and sanded any rough spots inside & smoothened it up a little, added a few washers to make the spring a bit stronger. Took the car for a drive and no-mo-problems ......The End......