Engine Management Cobb AccessPort, EcuTek, TEC, Motec, Link, and others. The ins and outs of high-performance engine tuning.

OBD II power switch adapter - vote on quirky

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 11:36 AM

Car Info: XCALABR
OBD II power switch adapter - vote on quirky

Hey i-club,
I recently purchased an accessport v3 for my 2013 wrx and love it, except that I always have to unplug the thing. Well, after searching and not finding an off-the-shelf solution that didn't require splicing into the OBD harness, I decided to post an idea to quirky.com. The product is simply a female to male adapter for the OBD II port with an integrated power switch to kill the flow of power to the device. Now the unit can remain connected.

If any of you are interested in using such a device, or want to support a fellow suby owner get an idea off the ground, please go to the quirky site and vote on the product concept. The more votes it gets, the better the chance of this thing actually being produced and available to the subaru/car community. Only 6 days to vote!

https://www.quirky.com/invent/123288...categories=all

Feel free to share with other forums as well - I know there are other car enthusiasts that could benefit for this as well.

Hope you like the idea enough to help get it into production.
Thanks!