Engine Management Cobb AccessPort, EcuTek, TEC, Motec, Link, and others. The ins and outs of high-performance engine tuning.

I think i made it worse!

Old 05-12-2013, 12:55 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRX
Exclamation I think i made it worse!

So I've been having problems with my IACV failing whenever it gets cold, i'm about to replace it but i decided to take it off and clean it once more just to see if this would temp fix before installing a new one. Problem is when i went to take it off i hadn't let the car sit long enough for the pressure to go down. I got the second screw loose and coolant started throwing EVERYWHERE. I didn't know what to do right away and attempted to reseal it before i lost anymore coolant. Didn't think anything of it cleaned everything off and then worked on cleaning out my idle air control valve. I came back an hour later or so put it back on and then turned it on after i got everything in place. It still idled funny but after about 20 seconds it bogged down really hard and died. I haven't been able to turn it on since. Is it possible that enough coolant had poured into my throttle body and manifold that it's too flooded to turn over, my entire fuel system is still working fine and i'm definitely not out of gas.

2004 Auto WRX

Thanks in advance.