Dumpster Lost a post? Look for it here. Dirty, vulgar, and other offensive post are RIP here and emptied monthly.

BAM overflow

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 10:08 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by rau
Fine. I'll make the point very easy to remember.

The moment Jourdan put up all the details about the meet in 08 you were the very first one to **** all over it. The specific details was about cost to you to get there and blah blah blah. Lo and behold, where are you holding the meet? The very same spot. On top of that, a lot of people *****ed and moaned about it but magically when you throw it its all ****ing daisies and puppies.

I wonder why that is......

Sent from my SGH-I747 using i-Crub.... I mean Club
Read the post... you'll see where I was coming from was a POSITIVE direction. I wasn't bagging on the location or the organizers. I'm working with one of the organizers from that event on this one. And the other one is a vendor for the event and someone I'd help with anything he asked for.

So you're getting up in arms about it when the two guys that put it on that year are not. And the guy that put on all but 1 of the other ones is not.

It was moved out of necessity. The location was discussed by a team of guys. This was the place chosen out of several options for many reasons.

If you'll notice, the event is cheaper. This was not the first price thrown out there. My input has always been to keep it cheap. There are things we have to do to make that happen. It may not always be the case.

How much was last years event? $5. No way in hell it could have been any cheaper. I cut the vendor costs WAY back and kept the member costs as low as humanly possible.

So last year... $5 for the event and $5 for food. How much is this years event again?

It's a different year and a different set of circumstances. It's not 2008.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:44 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
Walter why are you blowing up about this? Is it really that big of a deal?

I did my research, we all know I do lolol, and here is what I found from 5 years ago...

Yes, Ray complained about the distance and price at the time. It was going to be $17 prepay and $22 at the door (this year is $10 and $20 respectively, so it is cheaper)

He was simply saying it was not convenient for him due to location/price ect.. but he was still promoting the overall event. With such examples of:

Still giving productive input

Would like to try and do Hammy later on at some point

Was still going to try and help out with t-shirts, planning and meeting up to help..

I really do not understand why you and Kevin are so up in arms over this whole thing. Ive never had a problem with you, but stuff like this brings negative attention to the clubs biggest event, and new members who do not know what all happened 5 years ago do not understand it.

I just want everyone to show up and have a good time like every year that ive gone in the past
Thats what it was about?

Then you look at their tone, way off.

If it was Jourdan coming in with it, I would let him slide.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:42 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
I'm sorry. I apparently perceive I-Clubbers smarter than they really are.

I have no responsibility over what Walter or anyone else says.

First of all... did anyone try to reach out to me after ****ting on BAM 2013? Only one person PM'ed me and asked me what was going on and why I was doing what I did. I explained my reasoning, and the first response from this particular member was... "You are talking about 08, aren't you? I had a feeling that was the case."

Before you start making assumption that I am targeting you, only you, and only BAM 2013... I am not. I am calling out everyone that took a **** on Jourdan before/during/after BAM 2008. I made references to all these things in my posts. The distance. The location. The pricing. The food. The parking. The road up to venue. The cops in the area (which are none). I drive that exact road every weekend to visit my grandma. And when is Quarry Lakes cold?? It isn't. When is Mt. Hammy ever cold?? Never.

I'm sorry. I thought the message was more obvious than that but apparently it wasn't.

Why did I do it?? Why not? I particularly enjoyed Quarry Lakes and enjoyed the 2008 event. It was worth rubbing it into people's faces, especially those who gave so much grief to the organizers, the same organizer who had to no obligation to, who went out of their way to make the event happen. Not to mention to show to people how selfish people can be.

That's all.

I was really looking forward to the 2013 event, but I figure I am no longer welcomed.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:23 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by darkonion

First of all... did anyone try to reach out to me after ****ting on BAM 2013? Only one person PM'ed me and asked me what was going on and why I was doing what I did. I explained my reasoning, and the first response from this particular member was... "You are talking about 08, aren't you? I had a feeling that was the case."

Before you start making assumption that I am targeting you, only you, and only BAM 2013... I am not. I am calling out everyone that took a **** on Jourdan before/during/after BAM 2008. I made references to all these things in my posts. The distance. The location. The pricing. The food. The parking. The road up to venue. The cops in the area (which are none). I drive that exact road every weekend to visit my grandma. And when is Quarry Lakes cold?? It isn't. When is Mt. Hammy ever cold?? Never.

I'm sorry. I thought the message was more obvious than that but apparently it wasn't.

Why did I do it?? Why not? I particularly enjoyed Quarry Lakes and enjoyed the 2008 event. It was worth rubbing it into people's faces, especially those who gave so much grief to the organizers, the same organizer who had to no obligation to, who went out of their way to make the event happen. Not to mention to show to people how selfish people can be.

That's all.

I was really looking forward to the 2013 event, but I figure I am no longer welcomed.
It did not come off that way at. all. And thats coming from myself and other members who have been around since 08..

Think what newer members are thinking that have no idea what you are remotely trying to reference? They see an older member *****ing about the spot and it might put a sour taste in their mouth.

It was one thing to keep making the references, BUT THEN you go and make another meet/cruise the same day/time as BAM?? To me I feel as if you were almost serious making those comments and are now trying to save face going back on what you said. Thats just my opinion.

Think of the bigger picture with how many new members there have been since 08, and that this is the biggest meet of the year up here.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:00 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Man you people are thick. Still can't get it. Go back and reread what I posted.

I can give two flying ****s about the cost. I've even said numerous times over the past DECADE I would pay whatever it was. Even if it was $50 I'd be there.

My issue is its a popularity contest.

Old 06-25-2013, 02:02 PM
9 to 5 mod

First of all... did anyone try to reach out to me after ****ting on BAM 2013?

Sooooo we are suppose to come running when you want attention? Nope not going to reinforce that. I would know the least I asked soggy WTF is going on, he didnt know either. 5 years is kind of obscure and to hold a chip on the shoulder.

Well now it is

WTF why would you not go? I swear, BAIC loves teh drama, when has that ever gotten in the way of BAM?
Old 06-25-2013, 02:07 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
It did not come off that way at. all. And thats coming from myself and other members who have been around since 08..
So you are talking about the n00bs?

Think what newer members are thinking that have no idea what you are remotely trying to reference? They see an older member *****ing about the spot and it might put a sour taste in their mouth.
Thats teh only problem i had. People that have been, know to go. If they have never been they have no clue.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:10 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by rau
Man you people are thick.

My issue is its a popularity contest.

Thats what she said

and how so?
Old 06-25-2013, 02:50 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Because people can't read. If they could this wouldnt be dragged out as long as it had. Its as if they want to skim over half of it and fill the other half with assumptions; it makes them look dumb.

BAM should be a meet thrown by the people for the people. Regardless of who throws it there shouldn't be any hate towards it. And that's where my issues with it lie.

Jourdan throws it and people hate; Ray throws it and its the best thing since boost control solenoids. Its the very same place. Pretty much the very same thing. But Ray throwing it makes it magically better. And its not because Ga.gan is helping because he helped Jourdan too. So did I. So did Kevin.

It solidifies what I already know and what the noobies will grow to learn: post count buys your popularity. Look at Thomas. Look at Ed. Look at Tuna for ****s sake.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by rau
Because people can't read. If they could this wouldnt be dragged out as long as it had. Its as if they want to skim over half of it and fill the other half with assumptions; it makes them look dumb.

BAM should be a meet thrown by the people for the people. Regardless of who throws it there shouldn't be any hate towards it. And that's where my issues with it lie.

Jourdan throws it and people hate; Ray throws it and its the best thing since boost control solenoids. Its the very same place. Pretty much the very same thing. But Ray throwing it makes it magically better. And its not because Ga.gan is helping because he helped Jourdan too. So did I. So did Kevin.

It solidifies what I already know and what the noobies will grow to learn: post count buys your popularity. Look at Thomas. Look at Ed. Look at Tuna for ****s sake.

And that's not it at all. '08 was the first year Daniel didn't have anything to do with it. The first year its been some where other than Hammy. It met with opposition, **** happens. Just because Ray is the one organizing it doesn't make it the end all be all. There has now been several years where it's been at other places and the organizers have had to find other locations. We would have gone back to Hammy except for 2 problems. We maxed out the parking lots making them realize we should have paid for an event permit and no Cell phone service. Which means vendors can't sell goods and we can't use credit cards to sell t-shirts and sweatshirts.

It doesn't hurt that Ray is an old school member. When Jourdan was spearheading '08, he joined in '07. That made people skeptical. I would venture to guess that more people know Ray than know Jourdan.

Trust me, there was resistance last year and we were trying to do everything possible to prevent the resistance this year. That's why we've reacted the way we have. Trying to not scare off the new members with old members BS.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:09 PM
General Pimpin'

That's all.

Sent you a PM. I figured that was what you were doing until the other thread popped up. You could have reached out as well. But you'll see the PM.

Thanks for elaborating. I can see where you were coming from and I've admitted on several occasions that I have voiced my opinions good and bad and never hid from it. Nobody's perfect. But I never attacked anyone personally and I have spoken with ALL of those people directly since then and before then. I wouldn't speak up like that if the people didn't know me and hopefully know that I'm always coming from a place of community first. Always.

So.. thanks again.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:32 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by rau

I'm sorry that you have an issue with me personally. You always have. Have I ever NOT been friendly and helpful to you when we've seen each other face to face? EVER?

This has nothing to do with popularity or post count. Hell, many of the newer folks probably think I'm a huge *******. So your argument is honestly baseless. It comes down to this... you have an issue with me. You have an issue with mods showing what you would consider as preferential treatment to people... me included. Somewhere along the line you got a bug in your *** about it and it's been pretty damned evident lately.

As for people being thick. I honestly don't see anyone outside of you being thick... including kevin. He was trying to make a point and a joke at the same time. It was a poor execution.

What you are doing is throwing a ***** fit and trying to bring down a positive event because of some perceived crap going back to 2008.

As I've said before... I've talked to them all.

Clearly Daniel has no issues with it. Clearly Gagan doesn't as he's helping this year. Clearly Jourdan doesn't as he was the first damned person to give me a verbal commit as a vendor and he even printed me some stickers. (Jourdan don't let me forget I owe you a tea brudda).

No one involved from back then is making an issue but you.

Essentially... it's not 2008. That was an odd year and it was BS what happened to Jourdan and Gagan and I've made that known on many of occasions. There was a huge rift that year because of a lot of things ranging from power struggles, new place, and the haters that love to hate were able to get a huge hand hold on that year.

Yes I made some statements but most folks can easily see where I was coming from with it as I offered to help even though I couldn't make it.

In 2008 I was going through a huge layoff and financial struggles. The cost of the event was going to be huge for me.

And the funny thing is... you're making my point in what you're saying. For the people by the people...

This is the first year that a true committee has been put together to run this thing. All finances are open. All planning was left open to votes and all the people planning have had input.

I actually put my chips in on trying to pull off food trucks or a catered BBQ this year. I lost out because of a few things that all made sense and the group agreed.

This location was one that was brought up by someone else when I asked for input because we could not bring it back to Hammy this year... just like we couldn't in 2008.

If it was up to me we'd be having this on the wharf in santa cruz of at the drive ins in santa cruz because it's my back yard. LOL!

It literally has NOTHING to do with a popularity contest.

I welcome everyone. Love me or hate me. I really don't care. I'd gladly step away from the event if people felt like I was hurting it. 100% of what and why I'm doing this is to provide a great event for our community members, an awesome place for vendors to come chill, and make some money for a worthy cause.

You think this **** is fun? You think it was fun for me to damn near have a stroke last year (and I don't say that likely considering what happened with Greg). I put pressure on my wife and my 2 year old last year. I didn't see them for days at a time because I'd work all day at work and then work all night on BAM. You think designing that sweatshirt took me 20 minutes? I get paid $50-100 an hour to do freelance design. That shirt would have cost thousands of dollars to produce. But I did it for free... and then I fronted $3500 to print them. Do you know who the only person that lost money was last year? Me. That's right. Me. I made sure EVERYONE got paid back. Then I put money in a box to go towards this year. Then I put $500 in the charity envelope. Then I tried to pay me back... which didn't happen. I borrowed that money from my house down payment account.

All those people that bent over backwards to help last year... they didn't do it for a pat on the back. Some of them don't even come on the boards and 90% of the attendees would have no idea who they are.

People aren't talking crap about it because the reasons for the crap in 2008 have been talked about and we tried to avoid them. It's a different situation and a different member base.

Most of the people that went to Hammy last year were first timers or at the very least first time Hammy attendees.

It had been 6 years since the last hammy. In that 6 year span it was held in 3 places. People are used to it moving because it often needs to and it might move again. Who knows. It's kind of nice that it moves around because it's not always in the north bays back yard or the south or the east. Etc.

So if your issues are with me... keep them with me. Shoot me a PM or a phone call or come sit down with me at a wed night meet. Just leave it out of the event. Do not drag down this event. It's a great event and I will do my damned best to protect it, the community, the vendors and the charity.

That's one big difference right there. I'm not gonna take any ****. This event is too good to be brought down by petty bull****... including any that may or may not come from me. And I know for damned sure that the folks I've put together will put me in check. That's why I have the people I do there.

Hell... Gagan and Heedz already have at least once each. I love these guys, this community and this event.

PERIOD>
Old 06-25-2013, 10:34 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Responded to your PM.

I could have also... but that's no fun. Got to keep the haters on their toes.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:32 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Walter, I am popular.. some people like me and think im funny, a **** ton other people hate me and think im a huge *****/asshol3. But both sides know who I am
Old 06-26-2013, 09:08 AM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by rau

Who is tuna?

Eh the thing with post count is the more you post the more you interact with people, you build a relationship and then you become "popular"

Quick Reply: BAM overflow