Dumpster Lost a post? Look for it here. Dirty, vulgar, and other offensive post are RIP here and emptied monthly.

BAM overflow

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 04:31 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Thomas. If you think I'm out of line here or doing anything that would be detrimental to BAM or to i-club please chunk it or let me know and I'll edit it.

Rau and Kevin. I don't know wtf your issue is.

If you think Daniel wouldn't approve then guess what... pick up the phone and call him. Tell him to call me. He's always welcome to be a part of this stuff. He did it for 10 of the 13 years. I respect him and his opinion. But bottom line... we can't have it at BAM unless we limit attendee numbers and get a **** load of insurance and event coverage. At that point you'd be paying about $25 to come to the event... without food. Still want to ***** about $10 WITH food?

Are you aware of what past years have cost and where the event has been?

Lets see....

Alameda was $20 if memory serves me and you had to pay to cross a bridge. And it was in Alameda... literally only central to the east bay and a small amount of our members. It was in doors and lots of people complained about many parts of it and the very generous man that put in the work to do it got **** on.

Navato was $15 and you had to pay $6 to get in the park. And one year they took out a piece of paper and wrote $10 on it... so that's $25 to get in to that one and the cost of bridge tolls. Central only for those in the north bay. 3 hours away for me. Not one damned complaint.

1 other year at Quarry lakes that was a bunk year because of a couple douche bags spreading baseless rumors and a rift in leadership. 2 very kind men put in a bunch of work and once again got **** on AND lost hundreds of dollars.

Last year... back at Hammy. It was brought back to Hammy because a few O.G. guys thought it would be fun and I picked up the event from a scam artist because Daniel was too busy. No fault of his own. He still fronted the cash for the site and was a huge source of input for me. That event was only $5. Plus $6 for the park entrance and $5 for a plate of food. What's $5 plus $5 plus $6? Oh... $16. $1 more than this years event.

Your complaints were not the issue. It's the way you presented them. You have an issue you take it up with me. You think Daniel would be rolling over in the grave that he's not in... call him. Have him call me. He has my phone number.

You know what... I'm pretty sure he's seen the thread and I haven't got a phone call yet saying WTF are you dong? Why... because we're doing this for the forum and for the charity... that's it. The important thing is that it happens.

You're *****ing and moaning on some petty bull**** man. That's all there is to it.

That thread you put up was flat out over the line.

Rau. I'm not sure why you stuck your head in there. Be a man and say what you want to say and who you're saying it about. Otherwise STFU.

This event is for the community and for charity. What you two are doing is ****ting on the work of quite a few people AND the charity that the event is for. You feel good about taking money out of the pocket of a kid with cancer?

That is where the points are coming from. What you are doing is maliciously attacking a positive community event. It's not the comments... it's the intent and the manner in which you're doing it.

Questions... feel free to ask.

I answered ALL of your previous questions if you'll so note. All with reasonable explainations.

Last edited by OneManArmy; 06-21-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:38 PM
Da Brit.

Car Info: http://tinyurl.com/3vo4362
Holy crap fellas
Old 06-21-2013, 10:13 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Well said Ray
Old 06-22-2013, 12:17 AM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
My parents live 5 minutes away from Quarry Lakes.

If my posts were a term essay or paper... I would totally fail because I didn't properly cite in MLA format. And parts would be considered plagiarized since I didn't use proper quotations and claimed other people's ideas as mine.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:53 AM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
DarkOnion's Study Guide to the Dumpster Battle of BAM 2013

Name:
Date:

1. Define the literary concept of satire. List some examples of satire in today's pop culture. (Hint: It's everywhere, but list a few anyways.)

2. DarkOnion currently resides in Davis, CA, but it is not his hometown. Where did he grow up? (Hint: Look at DarkOnion's profile.)

3. List all locations that Mt. Hamilton and/or BAM has taken place.

4. List our fearless leaders who have spearheaded the Mt. Hammy and/or BAM events! (Hint: Brucelee has organized many of them. Who are the others?)

5. The acryonym AUDT is often associated with DarkOnion. What does it stand for?

6. In 2008, DarkOnion received an award from that year's BAM. Who presented him the award and which award did he win?

7. In 2005, DarkOnion attended his first BAM event. He met two Subaru GC owners. One was Earl. Who was the other? (Hint: He drove an L and it was slow. 1.8L NA. FWD. Also Glacier White.)

8. In 2008, DarkOnion was in charge of which job at BAM? (Hint: It turned out to be very popular, but was never continued.)

9. What is wrong with this quote? There are a ton of things wrong, but there is one that is very untrue.

"Quarry Lakes is stupid. Parking is $5 or something. It's obviously only centrally located for East Bay people. The area is crawling with cops. The drive up to the park isn't as exciting as Mt. Hamilton. Food trucks can't drive into the park. It'll be stupid cold. It isn't even near a major freeway. Fail."

10. Plaigerism is defined as:
a)
b)

Feel free to discuss among yourselves is needed. Search tool may come in handy.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:07 AM
General Pimpin'

I can answer all of those off the top if my head. What's your point?
Old 06-24-2013, 09:41 AM
Churro Aficionado

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I can answer all of those off the top if my head. What's your point?
Old 06-24-2013, 03:46 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
BAM overflow-zombodroid24062013021224.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I747 using i-Crub.... I mean Club
Old 06-24-2013, 04:35 PM
General Pimpin'

WTF are you talking about?

You have made zero points? How can I miss a point that was never made?

I addressed all of the questions and statements put out in the public. I'm not a mind reader. If you have a point... put it out there.

Pretty simple.

at least kevin had an issue and raised it. you're just talking crap with no point?

Last edited by OneManArmy; 06-24-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:43 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
Well said Ray
The only reason I came in to this stupid *** thread was to address the points made. I did that. I explained why things are the way they are and why it's where it is.

I'm not really sure what else these two want from me.

One is dancing around the issue and one has made no points in regards to anything.

I guess I'm too stuck up my own *** to figure it out.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:03 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I would just like to chime in for a min...

Ray is my friend, he has my total support for the event regardless of the location. I'll be there, Quarry Lakes is literally about 5 mins away from my folks house and I'll be swinging by on my bike probably (maybe car, depends on how lazy I am to clean it, lol).

Regardless of friendship and support, this event is a major pain in the *** to organize, Ray is doing this for FREE, dedicating his OWN TIME and MONEY (in hope he gets paid back, because sometimes the organizer ends up eating the cost for you to have fun!!!). Just because it isn't on Mt Hamilton doesn't mean it won't be great... The event is all about coming together, talking, eating, playing games, and enjoying a common bond, SUBARUS!

In the end, Thank you Ray for all your hard work. I seriously appreciate it.

Last edited by brucelee; 06-24-2013 at 05:04 PM. Reason: EDIT: I didn't proof read so EAD
Old 06-24-2013, 10:04 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Fine. I'll make the point very easy to remember.

The moment Jourdan put up all the details about the meet in 08 you were the very first one to **** all over it. The specific details was about cost to you to get there and blah blah blah. Lo and behold, where are you holding the meet? The very same spot. On top of that, a lot of people *****ed and moaned about it but magically when you throw it its all ****ing daisies and puppies.

I wonder why that is......

Old 06-24-2013, 10:56 PM
Churro Aficionado

Originally Posted by rau
Fine. I'll make the point very easy to remember.

The moment Jourdan put up all the details about the meet in 08 you were the very first one to **** all over it. The specific details was about cost to you to get there and blah blah blah. Lo and behold, where are you holding the meet? The very same spot. On top of that, a lot of people *****ed and moaned about it but magically when you throw it its all ****ing daisies and puppies.

I wonder why that is......

Walter why are you blowing up about this? Is it really that big of a deal?

I did my research, we all know I do lolol, and here is what I found from 5 years ago...

Yes, Ray complained about the distance and price at the time. It was going to be $17 prepay and $22 at the door (this year is $10 and $20 respectively, so it is cheaper)
Holy crap. $17... 22 if you just show up. plus paying for a shirt...
He was simply saying it was not convenient for him due to location/price ect.. but he was still promoting the overall event. With such examples of:
No kidding. I hate to say it but I don't think I'll be rolling out this year. $17 plus a shirt plus gas. Be about a $70 day for me. Toss in beer and probably dinner afterwards with friends and i"m looking at $100-120 easy.

Sucks. Have fun everyone. Take pictures.
Still giving productive input
good idea with the wrist bands.

if you want people to buy early so you can cover food I'd suggest an incentive. The $5 is nice but say a gift bag for all preregistrations. Throw stickers from the sponsors in there. A couple raffle tickets and a coupon for a discounted t-shirt. You'll get more prereg and be able to cover more costs up front.
Would like to try and do Hammy later on at some point
me too. I think that in some form it could be saved. I'd actually kinda like to do an O.G. status meet up there. Like the first couple.
Was still going to try and help out with t-shirts, planning and meeting up to help..

how iron'd out do you have this?

Honestly, if you want mad spots someone is gonna have to get there by 9am and start doing it up.

You guys gonna meet up to talk details?
jourdan. I'll be in fremont Sat morning. If you want to meet up and grab breakfast or lunch and go over this we can.

I really do not understand why you and Kevin are so up in arms over this whole thing. Ive never had a problem with you, but stuff like this brings negative attention to the clubs biggest event, and new members who do not know what all happened 5 years ago do not understand it.

I just want everyone to show up and have a good time like every year that ive gone in the past
Old 06-25-2013, 03:02 AM
banned

Car Info: hybrid 03 wrx
I don't care about location as long as its organized better.. I thought they were gonna have food vendors last year but they only had a few people bbqing

Pretty much I just came for the I-club hammy decal..

**** you I'm out..
Old 06-25-2013, 09:49 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by stylezwest
I don't care about location as long as its organized better.. I thought they were gonna have food vendors last year but they only had a few people bbqing

Pretty much I just came for the I-club hammy decal..

**** you I'm out..
Wuh?

As for your issue... the food venders. We had 4 of them lined up. I actually had 6 at one point. ALL of them backed out. 3 of them backed out within 36 hours of the event and 1 of them backed out the morning of the event.

So instead of complaining about the guys that were BBQing maybe you should thank them. These were unpaid members of i-club that were there to have fun and ended up behind a grill to make sure you guys had something to eat. I was out picking up food at 3am the morning of the event. Cliff and I both went on a late not shopping run. And Gagan had to go shopping the day of the event as well.

ALL of that money came out of people's pockets to make sure people like you had something to eat.

I'm sorry it didn't meet your standards but it was a damned miracle there was food at all. And I'd say $5 for about all the food you could eat was more than generous.

Quick Reply: BAM overflow