Dumpster Lost a post? Look for it here. Dirty, vulgar, and other offensive post are RIP here and emptied monthly.

BAM overflow

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 04:36 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
BAM overflow

You know that brucelee totally won't approve of this BAM. You might as well be pissing on his grave.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:36 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Wait?! This isn't at Mt. Hammy? That blows. Why isn't it at Mt. Hammy?

Because it's not.

Next stupid question?

Last edited by joltdudeuc; 06-20-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:48 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by darkonion
It's not centrally located to me either. How the hell am I suppose to be able to attend if the event is in the East Bay?! Why not the North Bay or something?
Old 06-20-2013, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Because it's not.

Next stupid question?
Quarry Lakes is stupid. Parking is $5 or something. It's obviously only centrally located for East Bay people. The area is crawling with cops. The drive up to the park isn't as exciting as Mt. Hamilton. Food trucks can't drive into the park. It'll be stupid cold. It isn't even near a major freeway. Fail.

Edit... and we have to pay more money on top of parking to get in?? **** man... you might as well charge us money to bring in our own food.

Last edited by darkonion; 06-20-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:14 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Awwwwwww **** this is like the BAIC version of wekfest in japantown, total logistical fail
Old 06-20-2013, 05:28 PM

Old 06-20-2013, 05:34 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
What's up with the tags tho.......
Attached Images  
Old 06-20-2013, 05:36 PM

Old 06-20-2013, 05:47 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Wait?! This isn't at Mt. Hammy? That blows. Why isn't it at Mt. Hammy?
You know that brucelee totally won't approve of this BAM. You might as well be pissing on his grave.
It's not centrally located to me either. How the hell am I suppose to be able to attend if the event is in the East Bay?! Why not the North Bay or something?
Who said I lived an hour away?
Quarry Lakes is stupid. Parking is $5 or something. It's obviously only centrally located for East Bay people. The area is crawling with cops. The drive up to the park isn't as exciting as Mt. Hamilton. Food trucks can't drive into the park. It'll be stupid cold. It isn't even near a major freeway. Fail.

Edit... and we have to pay more money on top of parking to get in?? **** man... you might as well charge us money to bring in our own food.
No one cares Kevin if you want to complain and BS go do it on your own time and place not here. It looks like we may have to get some posts removed due to issues someone has. Seriously chill out, don't go if you don't want to, you're making the planning group unhappy because were going to make this a better BAM than the previous year and build on it. Hence we did not release any details for a while till it was set.

On another note to anyone else looking at this thread...

COME OUT IT WILL BE AMAZING!

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Can we move it to Mt Hammy?

Only if the L is doing a hillclimb!!!!!
Old 06-20-2013, 05:48 PM

Old 06-20-2013, 05:48 PM

Car Info: '15 STI LE
Old 06-20-2013, 05:56 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.

Are you kidding me. Look at a map.

This IS the most centrally located spot we've used for the entire bay area wide folks that come on this forum.

No one in Sac complains when it's not held in Sac and no one from Santa Cruz or Monterey complains when it's not held over here. It's NEVER been held in either. It has been held close to the san jose folks and close to the north bay folks.

As for why you have to pay more... because it's a park. You're paying for the park. We can't do anything about that unless we do it at a private spot... and guess what... that's gonna cost more money. You're complaining about spending $10 to go to a charity meet and eat.. and $5 to help take care of our state parks. That's $15. If we held it somewhere private the cost would go up as well. Do you remember how much Alameda was? You'd be on hear pissing and moaning if it was somewhere else and the cost was $20. It is what it is. It costs money to rent the site and buy the food. The raffle tickets, bracelets, soda and water all cost money. The alcohol permit costs money. The website costs money. The tents table and shirts cost money. And most of all... the goal is to raise money for the charity. I don't ream the vendors because it's not fair.

If you want an exciting drive... then organize a drive... head up to Mt. Hammy and then come on down to the meet and join us for food. THe roads will be more clear at 8am than 2 pm anyways.

The drive is awesome for some folks. I love Mt. Hammy. But Mt. Hammy is not an option right now. Some folks hate that drive. We have a wreck every year and vendors can not bring their trailers up.

Did you see any food trucks last year? The hot dog guy was the only one that could make it. Do you know how many food trucks turned me down? Do you know what happened to the 3 food trucks that were contracted to be there? They bailed. Do you know when? The day before the event and the day of the event. Why? The drive up to the park.

Do you know what the ONLY complaint I got about last year was and in my opinion one of the more important ones... no wife/3g/4g for anyone including the vendors. That makes it near impossible for them to sell you anything. And it makes it very hard for me to sell shirts.

Cops crawling everywhere? Are you kidding me? Have you been on the road ANYWHERE? Does every member of this forum drive their car on public roads? Guess what... they're cops everywhere. There is no more risk to us at this event and in fremont than there is anywhere else. People made a big deal about the law enforcement last time because of Rosetti. Want to know how many tickets got written? ZERO. And guess what... he's retired.

So drop the cop talk. It's a fear tactic to get your bull**** across to people.

My car is parked next to two police cars RIGHT NOW and I'm no where near Fremont. And you know what. I'm gonna walk out. Get in my car. Start it up and drive away. I drive by cops every day. You want to know who has one of the loudest cars in the BAIC... me.

Food... are you seriously complaining about $5 for a full plate of food and all the beverages you need? Seriously? How much do you think you'd pay to buy food on the trucks? $10? $15 or 20 if you're there all day and go to more than one.

So here is the deal. If you're gonna complain about a bunch of nonsense you have two options. 1. Take the explanations I just gave you for what they are... the truth and come to a great event for a great cause. 2. Keep complaining and don't show up.

Do you even own a subaru anymore?
Old 06-20-2013, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Are you kidding me. Look at a map.

This IS the most centrally located spot we've used for the entire bay area wide folks that come on this forum.

No one in Sac complains when it's not held in Sac and no one from Santa Cruz or Monterey complains when it's not held over here. It's NEVER been held in either. It has been held close to the san jose folks and close to the north bay folks.

As for why you have to pay more... because it's a park. You're paying for the park. We can't do anything about that unless we do it at a private spot... and guess what... that's gonna cost more money. You're complaining about spending $10 to go to a charity meet and eat.. and $5 to help take care of our state parks. That's $15. If we held it somewhere private the cost would go up as well. Do you remember how much Alameda was? You'd be on hear pissing and moaning if it was somewhere else and the cost was $20. It is what it is. It costs money to rent the site and buy the food. The raffle tickets, bracelets, soda and water all cost money. The alcohol permit costs money. The website costs money. The tents table and shirts cost money. And most of all... the goal is to raise money for the charity. I don't ream the vendors because it's not fair.

If you want an exciting drive... then organize a drive... head up to Mt. Hammy and then come on down to the meet and join us for food. THe roads will be more clear at 8am than 2 pm anyways.

The drive is awesome for some folks. I love Mt. Hammy. But Mt. Hammy is not an option right now. Some folks hate that drive. We have a wreck every year and vendors can not bring their trailers up.

Did you see any food trucks last year? The hot dog guy was the only one that could make it. Do you know how many food trucks turned me down? Do you know what happened to the 3 food trucks that were contracted to be there? They bailed. Do you know when? The day before the event and the day of the event. Why? The drive up to the park.

Do you know what the ONLY complaint I got about last year was and in my opinion one of the more important ones... no wife/3g/4g for anyone including the vendors. That makes it near impossible for them to sell you anything. And it makes it very hard for me to sell shirts.

Cops crawling everywhere? Are you kidding me? Have you been on the road ANYWHERE? Does every member of this forum drive their car on public roads? Guess what... they're cops everywhere. There is no more risk to us at this event and in fremont than there is anywhere else. People made a big deal about the law enforcement last time because of Rosetti. Want to know how many tickets got written? ZERO. And guess what... he's retired.

So drop the cop talk. It's a fear tactic to get your bull**** across to people.

My car is parked next to two police cars RIGHT NOW and I'm no where near Fremont. And you know what. I'm gonna walk out. Get in my car. Start it up and drive away. I drive by cops every day. You want to know who has one of the loudest cars in the BAIC... me.

Food... are you seriously complaining about $5 for a full plate of food and all the beverages you need? Seriously? How much do you think you'd pay to buy food on the trucks? $10? $15 or 20 if you're there all day and go to more than one.

So here is the deal. If you're gonna complain about a bunch of nonsense you have two options. 1. Take the explanations I just gave you for what they are... the truth and come to a great event for a great cause. 2. Keep complaining and don't show up.

Do you even own a subaru anymore?
Cliff notes, please.

Profile to the left says I own a Subaru.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:48 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
I'm amazed that people complain up and down about the cost of the event, but are more than willing to drop about 5x - 10x or more to go to a concert or some other type of event.

I'm actually surprised that BAM is able to be so cheap as I would fully expect it to be closer to a $30-$40/person event at this point. The fact that it is only $10 for Pre-Pay or $20 at the door is incredible. So people need to stop complaining about the pricing as you KNOW you would spend more than that if you went and did ANYTHING. Heck, even movie prices are OVER $10.00/person for the night time rates at most theaters now it seems like with it getting close to the $20.00 mark if you go see an IMAX 3D show or whatever the most expensive tickets they sell happen to be.

Seriously, think about how much it costs just to go to a club in S.F. You have to pay for the bridge toll, the parking, the entrance to wherever you are going, food & drinks plus either gas or BART Fair. Essentially if you want to go hang out in the city you are dropping easily $30.00 - $50.00 if not more so for only $10.00/ticket for BAM (a ONCE A YEAR EVENT) go out and enjoy the event or just stop having the sour grapes attitude.

As for the location, for every person that thinks it is too far there is also someone else that thinks that it is awesome that it is so close to them.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:58 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
To be fair I think its just one person, DO

Quick Reply: BAM overflow