Dumpster Lost a post? Look for it here. Dirty, vulgar, and other offensive post are RIP here and emptied monthly.

^_^

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 03:33 PM

Car Info: @eatwithnaveed
^_^

That's an 8-9k car max. Sorry buddy
Old 12-19-2013, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by StealthMODE
That's an 8-9k car max. Sorry buddy
Thanks for your opinion, but I've done my homework. Using your scale, I'm guessing this is worth maybe $5K? Go for it.

2003 Subaru Wrx Wagon

Jimbo
Old 12-19-2013, 03:39 PM

People can ask 14k all day for a bugeye if they want. Doesn't mean they're selling them for that much. You didn't mention the timing belt being done which is a major service that's due at around that milage on the car. And if anyone would know the value of the car, it would probably be me, since I've bought and sold 6 of them within 2 years. So yeah goodluck getting 11k lmao. You'll get 8-9 tops from a buyer with some common sense. You can get an 06-07 with the same Milage for a grand more.

Last edited by StealthMODE; 12-19-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:43 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
You will not get more than KBB for that car. This is just a fact, sorry =\ Often times, mods don't add to a car's resale value.

As for that bugeye with the rebuilt engine, it's not worth that much either. "Never raced" yet he has a vinyl cut out of a race track on his rear window.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:51 PM

I've PM'd people I know here that have recently sold, so I feel good about the price. No reason to come here and trash the thread because you feel that a 3 owner car that has been tracked regularly and has a new engine due to abuse is a good comparable.

Back to the regular scheduled program.

Jimbo
Old 12-19-2013, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbo
I've PM'd people I know here that have recently sold, so I feel good about the price. No reason to come here and trash the thread because you feel that a 3 owner car that has been tracked regularly and has a new engine due to abuse is a good comparable.

Back to the regular scheduled program.

Jimbo
Lol you're the one that compared it to that car? Not us? Lol

My point isn't to bash your thread, it's to make you realize that you're asking too much. But whatever. Let it sit then. Glws
Old 12-19-2013, 03:58 PM

Everything on CL must be overpriced then:

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX sedan
Old 12-19-2013, 04:30 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
lol that silver wrx will never sell with all that body damage and that ricer stripe down the middle. Your car might get what your asking if you can provide all service records. If you havent done the 105k service yet, expect at least 700-1000 less then what your asking. Your car is not heavily modified nor do I see 7,000 worth of mods in the car. But I'll give you that its a really clean looking wagon you have and I wish you the best of luck. If you hold firm maybe someone will come along and buy it, but just expect to get lowballed as thats the nature of selling cars now a days.

GOOD LUCK!
Old 12-19-2013, 04:42 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX Wagon
i-club site rules
17. Lowballing in the Marketplace is not allowed. This includes comments on price, where to get it cheaper or any inflammatory remarks. i-club.com is in no way responsible for any transaction that takes place through this site.
Stealthmode and Wanger - no one asked for your advice and your statements that "that's a 9k car max" and "You will not get more than KBB for that" are insulting and posting them is against site rules, regardless of their accuracy.

Jimbo - don't feed the trolls.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by xhengmanx
lol that silver wrx will never sell with all that body damage and that ricer stripe down the middle. Your car might get what your asking if you can provide all service records. If you havent done the 105k service yet, expect at least 700-1000 less then what your asking. Your car is not heavily modified nor do I see 7,000 worth of mods in the car. But I'll give you that its a really clean looking wagon you have and I wish you the best of luck. If you hold firm maybe someone will come along and buy it, but just expect to get lowballed as thats the nature of selling cars now a days.

GOOD LUCK!
Now that's a cool post. Totally fair. Thanks Xhengmanx.

The timing belt per Subaru is a 105K mile maintenance item, so it is not yet due. I have everything in a folder at home (original sticker, all receipts) and have all maintenance documented with mileage in the back of the owners manual. I am super **** about my cars.

The $7K number is legit I can assure you. Everything was purchased new and professionally installed and tuned. I am sure someone could cobble together the same stuff used today for 3K as I stated in my original post. I'm not trying to get what I paid or even what the mods are worth off the car. Just looking for something fair. If I can't find a buyer here that likes the car as-is, no problem.

Jimbo

Last edited by Jimbo; 12-19-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Gancherov
Stealthmode and Wanger - no one asked for your advice and your statements that "that's a 9k car max" and "You will not get more than KBB for that" are insulting and posting them is against site rules, regardless of their accuracy.

Thanks Gancherov. I almost did not post the car here as I knew the trolls would come out, but the condition of the car speaks for itself. I would have been happy to drive this car another 100K miles, but we're bursting at the seams on road trips now.

Jimbo
Old 12-19-2013, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Gancherov

Lol this is also not the place to post inflated prices on **** that's not Worth anywhere near what they're asking. This isn't a place to rip People off. There's Craigslist for that. But again. Ops choice. Glws.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:56 PM
Stacheless Cholo

Car Info: 2005 STi
Maybe if you part out the mods separately and sold the car stock it would sell for KBB.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:02 PM

Car Info: a Scoobie
Lol this is also not the place to post inflated prices on **** that's not Worth anywhere near what they're asking. This isn't a place to rip People off. There's Craigslist for that. But again. Ops choice. Glws.
Dude jst STFU man. No one is asking for ur opinion. If the man wants to get 11, 12, 13k let it be. U don't need to be bashing on someone's for sale post just cuz u think hes not gonna get it. Your not buying the car obviously so stfu; go find another padt time.

As for u dude glws. Its a nice wagon. Someone will buy the car. But like someone else said don't expect what ur asking for. Ull get less. But that's just business u ask for more to get what u want. As for this H8trs trolling on u ignore em. Don't feed wood to the fire other wise u get a bunch of retards on ur own thread trolling u.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:05 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX Wagon
For real? Cause you posted an 05 wrx wagon for $14,000 exactly one year ago, right here on this forum.

YOUR POST FROM 12/14/12

subaru
wrx sportwagon
5 speed
about 96k miles but might go up. its my daily driver.
clean california title
many tasteful upgrades
well kept, all maintenance up to date.
car is custom painted porsche/vw/audi factory dolomite grey by tnt autobody in sacramento
car has a fmic, 3 inch turbo back (crawford gymkhana) , cobb accesport (stage two) , short shifter (vertex shift ****), tein coilovers, rota dpt's is white (18x9.5 all around) wrapped in new 215/40/18 tires ( less than 300 miles on them ), stage 2 clutch, prosport boost guage, and a few other mods.
asking price is 14k obo. if interested, please call or text 510-816-1074. serious inquires only please. no lowballers, or tirekickers. no trades. cash only. thanks in advance. sorry for the crappy iphone pics.
kick rocks, hypocrite.