Drivetrain Encompasses driveline components such as the torque converter, clutch, transmission, shifter, front and center differentials, driveshaft, rear differential, and axles.

Duralast claims axle vibration due to worn transmission mount?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 10:52 AM

Car Info: 2005 FXT
Duralast claims axle vibration due to worn transmission mount?

I recently replaced the front passenger side axle with a Duralast Gold axle and saw that it came with some information regarding vibrations from the axle and lay the cause to a worn transmission mount. Is there any merit to their statement? As it turns out, I also have a slow speed wobble coming from the axle most noticeable when in 1st and 2nd gear. I have a 2nd axle that I have yet to put in for the driver side since I am thinking about pulling the installed axle out and purchasing OEM remans from subaru or the HERI HD axles to avoid any more problems.

Old 11-27-2014, 05:49 PM

Car Info: 2005 FXT
Update: Decided to upgrade to Group N transmission mount for added performance and also to see if this would fix the wobble feeling. After installing the mount there was still a slight wobble but less than before and mostly in first gear. Seems like the mount helped a little but did not completely alleviate the issue. I also decided to install the driver side axle and did not notice any ill effects from that axle so seems like the issue is isolated to only the passenger side axle.

Last edited by NoOneBetter; 11-27-2014 at 05:51 PM.