6 month review of my 2014 Wrx hatch

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 05:48 PM

Car Info: '14 Wrx Hatchback
6 month review of my 2014 Wrx hatch

I really liked my 2007 Wrx and when I had to trade her in it was painful. 3 years later I bought a 2014 Wrx hatch base in DGM. 6 months later I've put 6500 miles on the car and compiled a list of likes and dislikes along with where the '14 has improved since the Hawkeye.

First the Good

Subaru failed when they mated the 2006 Wrx 2.5 with the td04, the new turbo (vf52) is far better than the td04

The creature comforts included are a great step in the right direction.Bluetooth,steering wheel controls,gas mileage meter and a clock you can actually see in the daytime make the car a fantastic daily driver

The Hatchback lets you carry stuff thus making it versatile

The Bad

First and most importantly the headlights.....complete garbage, I really have a hard time imagining how Subaru can pass safety inspection with these pathetic headlights. They should honestly recall the cars and fix this because it is a safety issue. I paid 26k for the car I shouldn't have to shell out $500 for a conversion kit

The carpet still sucks but with some floor mats that issue can be resolved

The Stereo is junk. Partner with a reputable audio company and put some worth while speakers into the Wrx

All and all I am satisfied with the car it is MUCH IMPROVED! However I really wish I would have test driven the Evo X before I bought my Wrx, that thing is awesome!
Old 02-14-2014, 07:22 PM

Car Info: 2011 SSM STI Sedan
Dude look into the STi projector with clear lens retrofit, makes a world of difference!! And it won't cost a lot either!

Here's the full DIY write up: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1948106

Last edited by 1sick07; 02-14-2014 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:32 PM

Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel
Originally Posted by damianwrb07
I really liked my 2007 Wrx and when I had to trade her in it was painful. 3 years later I bought a 2014 Wrx hatch base in DGM. 6 months later I've put 6500 miles on the car and compiled a list of likes and dislikes along with where the '14 has improved since the Hawkeye.

First the Good

Subaru failed when they mated the 2006 Wrx 2.5 with the td04, the new turbo (vf52) is far better than the td04

The creature comforts included are a great step in the right direction.Bluetooth,steering wheel controls,gas mileage meter and a clock you can actually see in the daytime make the car a fantastic daily driver

The Hatchback lets you carry stuff thus making it versatile

The Bad

First and most importantly the headlights.....complete garbage, I really have a hard time imagining how Subaru can pass safety inspection with these pathetic headlights. They should honestly recall the cars and fix this because it is a safety issue. I paid 26k for the car I shouldn't have to shell out $500 for a conversion kit

The carpet still sucks but with some floor mats that issue can be resolved

The Stereo is junk. Partner with a reputable audio company and put some worth while speakers into the Wrx

All and all I am satisfied with the car it is MUCH IMPROVED! However I really wish I would have test driven the Evo X before I bought my Wrx, that thing is awesome!

Looks like the 15' they have improved the things you didn't like.