Meticulously Kept 2006 STI for Sale...see post for details.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 02:21 PM

Car Info: WRX STi '06 with extra stuff
Meticulously Kept 2006 STI for Sale...see post for details.

---Meticulously kept, Beautiful 2006 Subaru STI Black---
NEEDS AN ENGINE and A GOOD HOME...
I WANT $15k...MAKE ME AN OFFER!!!

This is my baby and I nearly cried when I realized I had to sell it. This car has tons of the best aftermarket parts (purchased and installed with the plan of running a bigger turbo) and with an engine, it runs like a beast. I have invested about $15k in mods. When it had an engine this car was super fast and the suspension handled like it was on rails. The Obsidian Black Pearl paint has been meticulously waxed and maintained twice a year, it really shines when freshly waxed. The car sits nearly flush on the 18X9.5 ROTA Grids, it solicited many, many compliments and turned heads. It's awesome and I don't want to let it go but I have to.

The only thing this car needs is an engine. It is priced to sell!!! The Kelly Blue Book Value for the private sale of a Stock 2006 STI in excellent condition is $17,842.009 (see attached image). The KBB Value on a stock STI + mods = around $32,842.00. I cracked my block and can not afford to get a new one. As a result I need to dump my beautifully kept car. This was my daily driver so it was well maintained and meticulously kept in a garage. I have done quite a bit of work to it. The engine blew because the old turbo suddenly went out and leaked coolant into the engine. I purchased a new turbo and was about to install a like new VF48 right before the old one went out, as a result I have a like new VF-48 Turbo to include with the car.

ACT FAST!!! Because this car is a steal due to the mods, additions and condition. I have two offers pending but they are having challenges getting a loan (they are in the process now) but I can't wait any longer. I told the potential buyers I would wait a week before I posted it for sale, the week is up...so here it is.

You can get a new OEM engine for abut $4k and an upgraded engine for about $6k-20k depending on what you want to do and how big you want to go. Most STI owners want to upgrade the engine anyway, and since I was planning on installing a bigger turbo, all of the mods where purchased with upgrading to a bigger turbo in mind. This is an opportunity to obtain an awesome car and install the engine you want for cheap and without having to purchase all the mods needed to make the engine run the way it should. The header, the downpipe, the up-pipe and the true 3" COBB exhaust where all purchased and installed with the plan of installing a bigger turbo. So, you will save considerably because you will not need to purchase these mods once you install an engine or if you decide to install a bigger turbo. Most off the mods are like new as I just re-tuned the car last year and replaced the exhaust (needed 3" exhaust for bigger turbo), installed a heat-wrapped APR header, added the COBB Up-Pipe, just mounted new tires, just installed the Aquamist HFS-4 Meth System and purchased a new COBB access port (I lost the married hand unit) so I had to purchase a new one in order to re-tune...DOH! The car has never been in an accident with another vehicle. It has the following mods and parts included with the price:

Power:
- Like new VF48 Turbo (Less than 10k miles on it)
- COBB Access Port (About 1 year old)
- COBB-SS 3" Cat Back Exhaust (About 1 year old)
- COBB Up Pipe (About 3 years old)
- COBB Down Pipe (About 3 years old)
- APR Header (About 1 year old)
- Aquamist HFS-4 Meth Injection System (About 1 year old)

Suspension:
- TIEN Flex Coilovers (About 3 years old)
- Eibach Camber Bolts with negative camber (rear)

Brakes, Wheels and Tires:
- Gold Brembo Calipers front and rear
- Slotted DBA-4000 Rotors front and rear
- Two sets of wheels - ROTA 18X9.5 Golf Grid's and 18X8.5 ROTA Hyperblack PF45's
- Two sets of new tires - Bridgestone RE-11's (1k Miles) and Bridgestone Blizzak's (never mounted)
- Both sets of tires are 245/40/r18 (The Blizzaks are still in wrapping sitting in my garage)
- Stock Spare Tire

Miscellaneous:
- Extra Stock Trunk with stock STI Wing/Spoiler
- 2nd Trunk with 2007 Limited Edition Spoiler (On car now)
- Cart Boy short throw shifter
- 2007 Stereo Head unit with AUX port (2006 had no AUX Port)

Please feel free to PM me with any inquiries and I will respond as quick as I can because I need to sell this car ASAP. Thanks!

Last edited by (V)aniac; 11-09-2014 at 08:18 PM.
Old 11-09-2014, 03:27 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
I fail to see the 15k+ in modifications let alone a 5-8k in labor charges. I see bolt on mods that cost a total of about 3k max MAYBE 4k.
Either way, good luck getting 15k for an sti that has a blown motor.

Last edited by xhengmanx; 11-09-2014 at 10:29 PM.
Old 11-09-2014, 07:14 PM

Wheels and tires alone are around 4k. Are you interested or just trolling around making negative comments?
Old 11-09-2014, 07:28 PM

Not trolling. And not negative commets either. I just want to know where the 15k in parts are at. Also maybe some pictures may help show this meticulously maintained car.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:01 PM

Then I'll ask the second question again...are you interested in buying it?
Old 11-09-2014, 08:11 PM

Some Iamegs...
Attached Thumbnails Meticulously Kept 2006 STI for Sale...see post for details.-image5.jpg   Meticulously Kept 2006 STI for Sale...see post for details.-image4.jpeg   Meticulously Kept 2006 STI for Sale...see post for details.-image3.jpeg   Meticulously Kept 2006 STI for Sale...see post for details.-photo1.jpg   Meticulously Kept 2006 STI for Sale...see post for details.-image2.jpeg  

Old 11-09-2014, 10:25 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Rotas? Bruh.......

You cannot get anything near KBB for something that is mechanically failed. Motor itself to fix right now with something from the junkyard will be 5k+.......

Good luck even getting 10k.

Please state mileage of the car and also what is the cause of the failure. That would answer a lot of questions for your buyers.

How in the world did your turbo leak coolant into the engine... I have not heard many cases of that.....

Last edited by Heedz; 11-09-2014 at 10:54 PM.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:33 PM

Since this guy seriously thinks im trolling when all im trying to get is more information.. fk he doesnt even state mileage thats on the car..

Originally Posted by (V)aniac
If you're not interested and your not trolling? Then what exactly is the point of your post in my thread? And to say that your comments are not negative..c'mon. You even alluded to the wrong price I am asking for the car...WTF. If you want to discuss my justification for the price I am asking like men then PM me and I will respond in kind. But if you want to troll around like a little boy and knock other peoples posts just to be a complete dick...then **** off and go play your video games. Otherwise, kindly delete your post or I will report you as hindering my process. Thanks and "good Luck"...
Old 11-09-2014, 10:58 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Wagon EJ25
Then I'll ask the second question again...are you interested in buying it?
How about you not troll this forum with stupid comments like that, be honest with everyone on here, post all your car's information, and be honest with yourself about the value of it.

That's how its done. If you want to make a quick buck off of an idiot go sell it on a honda facebook group, we take care of our members on here.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:00 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Wagon EJ25
Wheels and tires alone are around 4k. Are you interested or just trolling around making negative comments?
Sorry dude, 4k isnt rolling here. Unless you're getting your Volks and Rotas mixed up, stop.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:07 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Damn Rota stock must be up or something. Rivaling BBS value. Who would have thought.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:09 PM

Car Info: 2002 subaru wrx
HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! ROTAS FOR $4000!?!?!? HE MUSTVE GOTTEEN RIPPED OFF!!! and damn..... 15k for a non running car?
Old 11-09-2014, 11:10 PM

I'm not asking KBB...bruh? ROTAS are a great track wheel, so I don't understand your statement. Did you want more information on the wheels? You can get a short block for about $1500...I have the rest of the parts included with the price. It's a great project car opportunity for someone who knows what they are doing...

This was just a quick search and from a dealership no less, as I am sure there are better deals out there:

ALL PARTS ARE SOLD AT 25%OFF RETAIL, MSRP PRICING, NO OTHER DISCOUNTS, OFFERS,
Old 11-09-2014, 11:13 PM

I would say around $4k is accurate for a set of unused Blizzaks and a set of barely used RE-11's, a set of ROTA GRID's and a set of PF45's. That's 8 tires and 8 wheels unless you guys didn't learn how to count in high school. Or did you not read the post?
Old 11-09-2014, 11:13 PM

Car Info: 2014 WRX DGM
quick question.. i noticed you had pro tunes done which included a tune for 100 oct + meth.. then you had engine problems soon after.. you aren't on a built engine huh?

Quick Reply: Meticulously Kept 2006 STI for Sale...see post for details.