Here is your chance to own a LEGEND!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 02:55 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Here is your chance to own a LEGEND! PRICE SLASHED!!!!

SOLD, sorry!

I am shortly going to be moving to Minnesota and have decided I won't be bringing my 2002 WRX wagon. Yes, this is THE car which took 3rd place in the 2002 Alcan 5000 Rally, charted the routes and led all 10 Redwood Rendezvous Road Rally Adventure Tour and Campout trips, served as course opening car on Rim of the World, Laughlin International and North Nevada Rallies, as well as countless other regional performance and TSD rally events, and it can be all yours!!!

The Good:
Tien HG Coil Overs, these are the real deal- remote reservoir, heavy duty rally spec coil-overs with more adjustment options than you can possibly know what to do with.
Rebuilt gearbox with RA close ratio gears installed by the fine folks at GST.
Front Primitive racing skid plate
Rear SPT differential guard
STI exhaust full turbo-back with cats
17" Pro-Drive P-7 anthracite rims shod with Goodyear Eagle F1 tires
16, yes, you read that right- count 'em; 16 spare stock WRX wheels- shod as follows; 2 sets of snow tires, 6 worn out Yokohama YK520 M+S and 2 Michelin rally spec tires.
Aftermarket Recaro "Style" (that is actually a Recaro model name, not some crappy cheap "recaro style" knock-off) seats

The Bad:

Unfortunately it was involved in a minor front end collision back in May which cracked the AC condenser and radiator- after which I had to drive it about 10-12 miles home spewing steam the whole way, so there is a good chance the heads may have warped or the motor otherwise suffered damage from overheating, also the radiator mount cross bracket, hood, front bumper and both front fenders need to be replaced (or the whole thing just parted out).
And I'd probably advise against driving on any of the spare tires, not only it the tread nearly gone on most of them, but they are all quite old and probably not technically roadworthy.

The Ugly:
The recaros have some shall we say rather significant wear and tear, the interior is kind of trashed, the glovebox door is broken and the trunk area carpeting and cardboard are in pretty sad shape, all of the above mentioned body panel/damage issues, the side skirts are long gone, the aftermarket PIAA fog lights are broken and no longer available.

And here is the worst part- if you really want any of it you have to take the whole thing, that's right I have neither the time, tools, nor space to part it out, so someone is going to have to commit to the project if you want anything, so don't even bother asking me about just the coil-overs or gearbox, it's all or nothing baby!

But here's why you might might want to consider it, I'm asking a mere $1000 for the works!
That's right- you can have all of this to play with for less than the price of the suspension bits, I got a quote for the front clip body parts of under $600 from a dude in Sacramento a while back, there is an outside chance the lump is still in working order, and with some elbow grease you possibly could own, and show up to meets in one of the truly legendary examples of the original US market WRX for well under 4 grand, on the other hand if you have time and resources to part it out you can probably double your money with a few weekends of wrenching and a handful of craigslist ads.

Last edited by psoper; 10-26-2016 at 03:40 PM.
Old 10-11-2016, 03:01 PM

Oh, if you are interested, I won't be hanging around here waiting to hear from you, please call or text me at 510-541-2306

Oh yeah, for those who don't know me, this is located in Berkeley CA

Last edited by psoper; 10-12-2016 at 12:37 PM.
Old 10-26-2016, 03:39 PM

And it's sold!

you missed it!