2003 WRX recclimation project or trackday fixer upper

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 06:46 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Hatchback
2003 WRX recclimation project or trackday fixer upper

Background -

2003 WRX in World Rally Blue with ~192k on the engine and body. Car is is 95% stock, has turboback exhaust, up pipe, rims and tires, headlights, an mp3 deck. Other than that, completely stock.

Car was stolen ~ 1.5 months ago and was run into the ground. Driver side door was punched and steering column assaulted.

The ugly-

At this point in time the car needs the following to be drive-able - Full clutch replacement and full replacement of the steering column assembly.

Along with that the right head gasket is starting to leak oil and the left is seeping.

Front and back struts have been wrecked as well, they wernt 100% when it was stolen but the driving that was done when it was, sent them over the edge.

The not so good -

The body of the car has 190k miles of wear and tear. It is missing the front grill and spacers. Car has some paint streaks from when it was stolen on the sides near the headlights and there is a crack in the windshield. I would say the body is Fair to Good condition

The good -

~6 months ago I put about 3 grand into the car. I wanted to get another 100k out of it and see what happened after that.

- Drive belts were cracking, replaced

- Lower radiator hose was ballooning, replaced upper and lower hose

- Front left and right wheel bearing replaced

- Installed new exhaust hangers

- Transmission fluid service

- Differential fluid service

- Brake fluid service

- Clutch fluid service

- Front brake pads and discs replaced

- Rear brake pads replaced and discs resurfaced

Why you should buy the car -

The motor is strong and I have had 0 issues with the transmission. Its a good car that was unfortunately taken and abused. Parts to get this up and running are less than 2k, the problem is the labor to do some of the major issues is expensive. I was quoted around 3 to 3.5k from a reputable shop that has been taking care of my car for the last 5 years or so. However, for me, the total amount is not something that I can swing to fix it.

This will take a lot of work to get it going but I feel like it is worth saving for the right person with the time and resources to do so.

I have the report of the work that was done from above, as well as the report about what is currently wrong along with the quote I received.

Those can be sent over, also pictures available on request. (will be updated with pictures tomorrow)

Call/text with questions 408 390 8626 or email charles.canavan@gmail.com
Old 03-01-2016, 04:47 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Hatchback
Bumping with photos -

Car by Charles Canavan | Photobucket